1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R47 Postmortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here are the questions that we did not have time to get to during the R47 Postmortem. I tried my best to answer these (with help from the rest of the team) but some we just don't have details yet to provide. I probably won't have time to do any follow ups to these. The community did a great job assisting us this telethon to make sure we didn’t miss a single question.

Sorry for the extreme delay on getting these answered but since R48 was a mid-month release due to Thanksgiving we did not have time to get to these at our usual pace. Thank you for your patience!

Please note I deleted a bunch of duplicated questions and also deleted any questions that we answered with the Q4 post or with the release of R48. Also note that we are generally going to stop answering questions about "when?" as those are answered by our quarterly schedule posts and any other answers are going to be either "No ETA" or "soon" or "will update with the next quarterly post".

Cryodacry: I've noticed that more Group centric items have been added to the game with regards to Agro. This appears that Structured group content is going to be refined. If so what is going to be done to make NPC's more tankable (double crit instant kill). Currently High tier NPC's can two shot any character in the game. This is not a fun mechanic and does not encourage people to start tanking especially at the high levels due to XP loss.
    Chris: There will always be some creatures that will be able to 2 shot crit kill players but those should be only the most powerful. Over the last few releases I have been balancing (AKA nerfing) some aspects of player defenses to make combat a bit faster BUT no similar balancing has been done on creatures. Also, to some extent we’ve been using creature damage as a crutch to make them challenging instead of adding new abilities and behaviors. By the time we go live, I hope to have more balance and more behaviors to make them interesting without most of them being 2 hit crit kills with no counter.

Cryodacry: With the last release Polearm has been brought in line with Bludgeon and is sitting in a great spot. Unfortunately the changes to Firefly have made Swords lead Both Blug and Polearm by roughly 30%. When will Sword be brought in line with the other two melee classes as the critical hit is extremely over budget in that tree. To also include that Vital Points seems to be erroneously set to 1.2 mil to GM vs the 4.8 mil that all other Innates for weapons are set to.
    Chris: Swords are intentionally the most damaging since they do not have other elements like stunning, super high max crit damage, or as much debuffing. That is intentional but it intended that all of them should be within +/- 20% average DPS. I will look into Vital Points as that might just be an oversight.

Cryodacry: Torc'dal's crafting components are really cool. Can the drop rate of the weapons or the salvage rate of handles be drastically increased. I am sitting on 5 Mace heads and 2 axe blades but only achieved 1 handle. Reasoning for this would be for the fact that both Polearm and Mace use the Handles. The other option would be to make Torc'doll drop a weapon every kill.
    The handles offer very high bonuses so we want to keep them rare.

Cryodacry: After much crafting to achieve a Blind proc on a weapon, the effect ended up being terribly underwhelming. It's a 10% chance for 10% debuff. Could this be brought up to 20 or 30% to justify the 40 durability for the enchant?
    We will examine the numbers but Blind is a fairly powerful effect even at the lower numbers. Chris: Remember, the cost of the proc is just the loss of a single other type of enhancement. We have to balance that proc as being roughly equivalent to +5 strength not trying to make it as powerful as ignite weapon.

Cryodacry: Can we get Stacked Duration for buffs back for buffs longer than 10min?
    Chris: No. The actual cost of casting heat stacked buffs is the time to cast them. This is only a factor when you are in combat. Having a buff that is almost always cast out of combat that you charge would just mean everyone would do it and I should just make all versions as powerful as the full charged one and we’re not going to do that. This change was also made with intention of reducing defensive power of players to help speed up combat.

Cryodacry: In the T2 material changes it appears all the Wood products got missed. That or their bonuses are terribly out of balance.
    We did indeed not balance the wood components as well as we should have. This is fixed in Release 48.

Cryodacry: Is there any plan to improve crafting. Currently only exceptional items are truly worth proceeding during the crafting process. Is there any means to allow components to run exceptional to increase exceptional %. Or could we start salvaging a lot closer to the Material value of "bad" crafted items. An example of this would be Boots and Hands. Their durability is too low to truly craft.
    While exceptional items are definitely the “only way to go” if you are min-maxing non-exceptional items can still be masterworked and/or enchanted to decently high levels for most players.

Cryodacry: It is commonly accepted in the community that Tames are not worth the investment of skill points. This is mainly due to the fact they are worthless in combat past level 70 in addition the risk of losing them is too great verse the Investment of time And resources to tame them. Is there any plan to increase their worth in Combat?
    Chris: Like all aspects of the game, taming will continue to get balance passes. I believe it is still a bit underpowered currently BUT I also believe that no matter how powerful it becomes, players will still complain it is underpowered because they are comparing it to UO taming. In UO, you largely had to dedicate yourself to taming and forego most other skills. In SOTA, taming needs to be comparable to other summon skills though a bit more powerful since there is extra work and time involved. I also still hope to allow skill tree specialization at a later date that will allow players to declare a specialty school for greater power and benefits.

Cryodacry: Will there ever be a way for Players to achieve titles like "Knight" or "Lord". In UO there was a reputation system that you could Earn these titles. What is planned in SotA to achieve the same results?
    Earned titles are part of our post Launch plan.

Cryodacry: Can the beginning of Harvesting be based off of proximity to the center of the node instead of a set position. While encumbered it can sometimes be tedious to walk around pebbles to get to the harvesting point.
    While this would be great animations would not display properly.

Bella Bones: Can we have an icon that pops up when someone has stolen something from us?
    Great idea!

Nuclear: Can we have Top Player killer leaderboard from chris during telethon?
    Chris: Abso-freakin’-lutely!

Ancev: Can we get a filter or some other method to determine which gear is associated with our decks? This way I can easily figure out which gear I can take out of my inventory without causing a problem?
    Yes

Ancev: Aftering seeing the new virtue based armor types such as the Courage plate chest piece with the Bell in front - would it be possible to get a version of those armor types where you could insert symbols such as the Hospitaller or other crafting symbols that are on the Signs or storage chests? (the symbols from crafting npc) .. you add the symbol to the crafting interface and it gets baked into the item?
    Great idea for post-launch but this would be a really big feature to add right now. We are discussing internally the option of making symbol free versions of those armors for now though.

Ancev: I think in the past Chris had mentioned something related to how some of the artifacts had hidden effects.. (cabalist stuff?) or was this related to the LB cloak? how can we figure out if the artifacts have hidden/unlisted effects?
    There are a variety of items (mostly artifacts but also the LB cloak) that have hidden effects. Right now we do not have a way for players to find out about them though. We do want to provide a way long term.

Ancev: Why don't the 'copper longswords' and 'bronze longsword' etc that drop off mobs drop metal scraps of that type?
    We currently do not give scraps of Tier 2 components from salvage

Ancev: Can we get the ability to 'rub off' or obscure the maker's marks, but there's a chance to destroy the weapon?
    We are discussing improvements to the maker’s mark system. Either additional maker’s marks for enchantments and masterworks or the last person to touch the item has the maker’s mark as they have taken the most risk.

Crazy Teeka: Can the devs add craftable Gasoline to the game, under Alchemy, we need more exotic drinks.
    I see how you got the first part of your username...

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Could we get a new way to use pets? Like as a static decoration, or part of an aquarium? I have tons of pets but I can't use any of them.
    We will consider.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Since 15 vs. 15 for pvp becomes problematic, is it likely that pvp scenes will be limited to 30 players at a time? And would there be any additional limitations to number of players per scene because of pvp?
    Chris: 15 vs 15 in the exact same spot can be problematic and overly chaotic in any game but that doesn’t mean that a scene needs to limit itself to 30 people because they can spread out. We hope to bring PVP elements that encourage people spreading out in scenes, like control points or desirable harvest elements. Either way, our focus the next few releases will be on making sure that 50+ players/NPCs can all be in the same space without destroying performance which is the most important first step for us.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Just to follow up on what Vallo Frostbane had asked concerning sieges being more meaningful. Currently players can just teleport into those towns, vendors still work, there's no real disruption of the town that makes players want to remove the siege. In the future, might there be more disruption that makes players have more of a sense of urgency?
    We have debated this often. The real issue is related to performance and introducing a large battle mechanic inside spaces with decorations would be problematic. Eventually once further optimizations are complete and this barrier has been removed we can revisit this.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can we get a Venger Cloak, like from the old D&D cartoon, that would wrap around the shoulders and expand like bat wings?
    We currently do not have tech that would allow wearables to transform their shape.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can we please get logs on doors? (Who opens, who closes?)
    We absolutely want to do this but it's not as simple as it sounds which is why we have not done it yet. Do we just track interaction? So Bob opens the door. What about people who walk through it? Well, now we've got to track where the door volume trigger is, which is new data per door. We also need to track which way is in vs. out and have 2 more triggers to detect that. Now we need to make changes per house since doors don't have a specific front/back and some open in and some open out. And that is just the list of tasks we came up with from a hallway discussion about it. Actual implementation would probably expose even more tasks.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can we please get a Pay on Delivery function for the mail system? (so you can send an item to them but they have to pay for it to receive the mail)
    Yes

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Could we get staff recipes that required more components to assemble the staff, so that we could mix and match the benefits from these components similar to how swords have a hilt and a blade?
    Interesting idea we will consider

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Similar to adventure XP, would we consider a producer soft cap per hour?
    Chris: I’m not sure this is needed or wise. Adventuring experience largely comes in a bit at a time but due to the gather, refine loop of production, crafting can be much more spikey. I don’t want to force players to spend extra effort just to avoid a soft cap when they are playing in a legitimate manner.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Related to Chris's earlier comments about a soft cap per hour for XP. Could you please consider that a soft cap per DAY? I think this would be better for more casual players that like to sleep, eat, and occasionally visit their families.
    Chris: I will consider it but I think that will be a number that is much harder to get right.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can we have mimic stalagmites and stalactites as a new form of monster in the game?
    Yes

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can we please plant ashen heartwood that takes like a full earth month to grow and requires tons of water but will create a Reaper tree that will drop special fruit that can be used in the enchantment process?
    That is a very specific request. Perhaps in the very long term

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Will Cabalist Robes and Boots ever be masterwork or enchantable?
    Yes, in R48

Osric: You think you focus on the crafting UI one day ??
    Yes

Osric: If we want to buy a big Bundle can you imagine reactivate the payment plan ??
    Yes but in the meantime you can manage this kind of yourself simply by purchasing store credit a little bit at a time (like for example monthly during telethons to get the unique items) and then once you have enough credit buy the bundle you want.

Tharizdun Baphomet: Will the Death Passives be fixed to where they have more of an impact on the Death Summons? Currently they don't seem to have any impact at all: I've compared a GM Lich with GM Death Passives to a level 40 Lich with level 60 passives, and they dealt similar damage and there wasn't any comparable difference in the decay rate.
    Chris: I will examine these again. Death summons got a bit of a boost in R47. I will try to evaluate how they currently compare to other summoning/taming options before launch.

Tharizdun Baphomet: Will Animate Dead make a comeback once those bottlenecks are resolved?
    Chris: Hrm, not clear on this as we’ve never had an animate dead spell. I would love to have one eventually but it is a much more complicated task than most people understand. Also very challenging in terms of balancing it.

Mystic: Can you add pressing enter to execute crafting when putting a number into craft multiple items at once? It seems like a natural thing to press enter after adding 20 but it won't craft after pushing.
    We can examine this but it will likely conflict with other uses like chat.

Mia Sway: can we get the ability to move are new harvest meter so it's not in the middle of the screen? or get old meter back
    Unlikely

Acaelus Fireharp: Could we have a POT template based on the new (Totally Awesome) North Midmaer Way map?
    Perhaps eventually

Acaelus Fireharp: Could we have a next deck / previous deck toggle arrangement instead of just one alt deck?
    Perhaps eventually

Acaelus Fireharp: Could GM Enchanters and Masterworkers be offered either more options, or a full list of all possible options with a roll to decide if major or minors are given?
    Yes more options will be coming online.

Acaelus Fireharp: Will Discord's built in in-game overlay be supported?
    Chris: We are investigating Discord’s “Rich” features now. I fully expect we will have some more Discord support soon though not 100% sure which ones we’ll be integrating.

Acaelus Fireharp: will POT's without overland access ever get siege mechanics?
    Unlikely

Amarth: I know it's a 'No', but could SeedInvest packages have an upgrade path?
    No. That option expired at the end of the campaign and those investors who scrambled to get to the higher levels before the end of the campaign would be rightly upset if we reopened the possibility of gaining those levels.

Amarth: The explanations (storyline insight) during the Telethon World building tours enliven the zones very much. Could you consider adding an 'identify'-type ability/spell, which would display similar explanations in-game as text descriptions to enhance the otherwise very visual experience...which will still make players miss much of this insight you're intending players to "see". (This suggestion from your resident text-game developers from BatMUD ;-))
    Interesting suggestion.

Amarth: Some other Unity utilizing games in-development are touting huge visibility (and targeting) ranges. I personally loved how you could pan the camera really far away. You made the camera distance slightly greater in a previous patch, but how about going all out with this one? While at it, how about increasing the distance of POT housing item viewing distance as well? Currently you don't see inside other houses from far enough. (I know this is related to performance, but how about When/after you get the performance gains in?)
    Those games touting those ranges do not have dynamic spaces like we do with changing time of day, multiple shadow casting moving light sources, moveable objects, etc.

Diego.DG: Will more decoration items be set to rotate, on the side? (specific requests- Barrels, Bottles, Bottle of wine)
    Please report those as bugs and we will try to fix them when we have time.

Diego.DG: Will more items already in game become craftable or buyable Open wooden tub, 5 barrels lashed, Cask with tap and stand.
    Yes

Diego.DG: Will the Brewing include Wine and Mead, some of us are allergic to Barley and Wheat.
    Yes

Brielle McFerson: will there be training materials on how to update the map?
    Yes

Brielle McFerson: Decorating Can you please have the ability to rotate all times 360
    It has to be done per item so please report individual items as bugs.

Arkah EMPstrike: What's mulling over in chris' brain about the relationship between attunement/resistances?
    Chris: Chris’ brain is mulling over about billion things. This is one that bothers me a bit and I’m not super happy with but I don’t have a fix plan for it just yet. The simplest solution I’ve come up with that will address concerns is to add a passive skill in the opposing magic tree that is a “resist” skill for the opposing tree. This would give some resistance to the opposite tree but also give negative attunement to that tree. If I were to do that, I would adjust the attunement math a bit otherwise all magic users would suffer in PVP.

Morgoth redbeard: will there be a new SeedInvest?
    The SEC limits these rounds to 12 month intervals so the soonest we could do another one would be summer of 2018.

Alley Oop: can we have them turn off shadows from the sun during rainstorms?
    We do turn down the shadows considerably during rainstorms but if we turned them off completely the game would look wrong because without shadows everything does not look connected properly to the ground.

Lazarus Long: Can we PLEASE Lock, LOCKED Glyphs!!!! Lock them in place so they do not move if your mouse moves while charging glyphs
    We absolutely need to fix this.

Sarah (Scarlet/Death Herself): Any plans to make a decent platemail set we can pattern off
    Check out the new Courage plate armor!

Lady Caelee: can we get hanging flower baskets like ivy or geraniums type for indoors and out? Any chance we can get hanging plant baskets like I have seen outside the banks but for in house decor? Like ivy or geraniums etc?
    Yes

Jyskall: How much kids are born in since the project is running? (kids of team members)
    At least 4 of our current team, 5 if we count some of our past team members.

Giatuareg: have you considered the possibility to use more colors to describe mobs level? Like purp = 10++ levels, red 6-9, orange 1-5, yellow, blue -5, green -10; and replicate this on the tier name in novia? Also what about the possibility to move the grp member status bars more close to the center of screen? Now it's all too far for a good UI experience
    We can consider more colors for mob levels but more levels are more things to remember and colors that are close together like red/orange might get confusing in fast paced situations. As far as moving the group status bars towards center that is unlikely as it would obscure the action in the center of the screen.

Giatuareg: Have you considered the possibility to introduce a second resource like endurance/stamina to differentiate melee styles from magic spells? This would contribute a less flattened way to upgrade the avatar that now allows everyone to carry all the same buffs of the game, whatever the class n such
    We have considered it but it is unlikely to change at this time.

Tiina Onir: Can we get the ability to limit a randomly drawn card to ONLY show up in a specific slot (not appear on an unlocked slot)?
    Chris: I’ve considered this but I didn’t want to make the interface any more complicated. There is already a way to achieve the same result by making sure to assign all the cards but the ones you don’t want to a slot. It isn’t perfect but we’ve been tending to favor the simplest option sometimes and in this case we are choosing simple over less tedious.

Chrystoph Reis: Is Kobold Expeditionary camp really considered harder... or is it bugged?
    It is harder to easily farm for XP and gold.

Chrystoph Reis: Can we get a sign post in POT island01a at the boat docks? Right now one of the biggest plots of land to build on, is so inaccessible it makes using it a pain for anything other than deco.
    Yes

Chrystoph Reis: Can we get Guild Banks?
    Yes

Lord Andernut: Can we get a "sent mail" folder so we can see what mail we have sent (and was it collected?)
    Yes

Psyche: Can we get an option to add a discount percentage to our vendors for sale days?
    Yes

Psyche: Could you consider raising max durability decrease on major repair to stimulate the economy? (People can go to 10, which takes a lot of time)
    Chris: First, please understand that any change upsets people on one side or the other. The more likely change coming will be to make overall item wear a little faster. If I understand your question, that will achieve the same result you want.

Psyche: Can you higher the max amount of 1,000 for buy orders on vendors?
    Perhaps

Psyche: Could you add an option to change the ownership of a lot without having to declaim it as original owner?
    Yes

Psyche: Can you add an option to move the party member menu, or adjust it. When we have too much buffs it overlaps the next person's health in the party window, which is annoying if you’re trying to keep someone alive.
    We will be working on this.

Woftam: Can we make summoning whistles enchantable/masterworkable?
    Yes that is the current plan

Numa: Can we have have indoor sinks with hand-pumps?
    Sure

Numa: Will the Life Tree ever have a summonable being just like the other magic trees?
    Unlikely. We don’t want all trees to be identical.

Numa: Will the summonable Wisp ever be powered up? It's far too weak compared to the other summonable creatures/beings.
    We will examine but it has lots of debuffs

Numa: Can we have underground caverns that aren't so dark - something similar to the Glittering Caves of Aglarond in Helm's Deep (LOTR)?
    Sure

Lockey Abernathy: I know there has been some problems in the past that has caused reward weapons to decay example I have one that is now 99/99 and one that is 95/99. Will there be a fix for this?
    Please report as a bug. If we are unable to fix then submit a request to support@portalarium.com and we will replace the item for you.

EclipseMaiden: Can we get fur boots with that fur hat?
    Eventually

EclipseMaiden: love the new art work added this release any chance of more town skylines like you did with ardoris?
    We can see if there is additional appropriate concept art in the archives we can use.

Merrik Dragon: Can we get tameable bats?
    As soon as we have bats as an actual creature in the game. Currently they are just an effect.

Merrik Dragon: can we have Mongbats? if yes when? if no why?
    Eventually perhaps

Merrik Dragon: can we have Archery butes for our yards/basements?
    Yes

Merrik Dragon: can i please have my Shepherd's crook?
    Yes

Boedy Arc: can we do instead of wheel a voting for next flash sales? so most important and $$ comes in next 30 mins
    Probably not

Scooby: Are there plans to bring Treasure hunting into the game?
    Yes

Graham: Can we make skeletons slower on the overworld?
    No

Peabo: Do the Blacksun sales get recorded in the total on shroud of the avatar main site total?
    No

Bodhbh Dearg [SecrOfPublicWorks]: Can you please make a Lighthouse out of the Obsidian Tower waterhome?
    Interesting suggestion

Belladonna Rose: Can we possibly have consequences to failures in harvesting and such. Skinning fail you nick yourself and bleed for a while. Mishaps with axes and such. Just breaks up monotony of harvesting fails. LOL.
    Cool suggestion!

Maliki: Can we get the reticle target changed so that soft target is another color then red, as it is confusing at times to tell if you have a soft or hard target!
    Good idea! I’ll see if we can work that in soon.

Maliki: Can we suggest changing stacks code from using short to ushort, the short utilizes the negative numbers which are not needed in stacks so by using ushort we can have the stacks double utilizing the full range from ushort!
    Chris: I don’t think this is really a change that is needed. Sorry, but I think stacks of 32k items are already large enough. If we were to do anything with stack sizes it would be to lower them.

Maliki: When in cursor lock, the cursor unlocks when you open any menu or click a pet with reticle on screen, anyway to change this so it will only come out of lock when we press the hotkey set for it, having it auto unlock is annoying!
    Chris:Hrm, not entirely sure I understand what you’re talking about but if I do, then what you’re describing is a bug. The cursor should remember its previous state and not make you reactivate it.

Merv DeGriff: Can we get melee weapons without metal in them? Clubs? Staves?
    Perhaps

Neil: Physical attacks can give more stimulating sensory effects?
    We continue to polish the visuals of combat. We recently redid the blood splattering effects to scale with damage. Also we continue to improve sound FX. Expect more polish going forward but no exact list of what will change at this time.

Katrina Ackhart: will we have an option to see simplified magic effects instead of the 'full' effects? It is mildly annoying to have my screen taken by ice and fire and omg where is the mob where are my friends I'm lost!
    Chris: We can investigate this option but it would mean a LOT of work. We would likely have to have a second set of VFX for every spell. This is something we’ve considered to help with performance and while I see this as something we’ll likely do someday, I don’t see it happening by launch.

Ambrose Chaucer: Can we have a consistent inventory experience? That is, when grabbing a stacked inventory item, sometimes you get the entire stack while other inventory items will always grab 1. Why is there different behavior between items?
    Please report as bug

Liz_the_wiz: can POT owners get a free lot to help decorate their towns? (maybe lot size depends on town size)
    No

Spoon: : just like the trees - could we get Stones and Thermal Vents as deco assets
    Yes

Mangar: When will the Crafting issues be fixed where the 3rd Enchant & masterworking Attempts use the 4th % to succeed, which results in a COLOSSAL number of failures, material loss and frustration. 3rd attempt for me is 48% meanwhile it uses 17% since that is my 4th ....
    Because more effects on an individual item makes it more powerful it is intentional that the chance to fail goes up the more effects you are adding.

Vladamir Begemot: will a weight pass happen any time soon? Huge stone columns weight 1 pound. Blocks of granite are light as balloons.
    Eventually

Jturcotte: Could the paintings listed for sale on the vendor list who the author/creator is?
    Yes

Elnoth: earth has been nerfed so much that the tooltip description is now misleading, as I get 4x the benefit from INT compared to STR. Have you nerfed the skill beyond it's original designed intentions?
    Chris: Reminder that strength giving it a bonus to damage was a feature I added within the past year to help build uniqueness and help define the opposite trees. Remember, Air, the opposing tree, gets a bonus to damage from Dex. Since adding this, the max strength players could attain increased significantly due to other skill and gear changes. This was just a small nudge to get it back into line with original expectations.

Veredey: Could we get 'gear bags' a way to keep our gear and costumes separate from our looted gear
    We have discussed some way to have social outfits with quickswapping

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Thanks Ds

Gerugon likes this.
  3. oplek

oplek Avatar

The difference is that one is a decoration, and the other is not. Since decorations are drag-and-droppable from the inventory, they have to be done one at a time. My trick is to highlight multiple stacks, which are assumed to not be placed as decorations... then they all go, when transferring to another container.

Gerugon and majoria70 like this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I think this person is saying that their 1st & 2nd Enchants are calculated correctly, but their 3rd Enchant is being mis-calculated as if they were on Enchant #4.

Elas, Halfwitte, StarLord and 3 others like this.
  5. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Then they should report it on the bug forums as a bug and not ask it as telethon question. :)

6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Thanks for answering all the questions. It's nice to be able to keep up in the course of 5 minutes as opposed to 120.

I wonder whatever happened to 3 questions per user? :rolleyes:

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes PLEASE!

Numa, Olthadir and econner like this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Excellent!

Will robes have interesting and practical choices of enchantment? Like magic resistance or a tranquility bonus?

Will Cabalist robes have special choices that reflect their dark origins? Like perhaps further bonuses for whatever Cabalist hoods might be worn?

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

a: i didn't say turn off shadows, i said turn off shadows from the sun. there would still be shadows from close lighting like streetlamps.

b: shadows are often the only thing that tells me when things AREN'T connected to the ground.

Gerugon likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes there is such a problem with dragging items from inventory to chest and back again. It is very glitchy. I know it is a bug perhaps but just sayin to the Devs. If we had a right click option someone to drag that doesnt allow us to make this happen it would be awesome right now working inventory and containers is a bit clunky and difficult to manage, plus the selling and salvaging of things we have no intention of selling or salvaging. ;)

Gerugon likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you turn off decoration mode then all stacks are treated the same.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  12. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

thanks and farewel with your journey

13. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

"Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can we please get logs on doors? (Who opens, who closes?)
    We absolutely want to do this but it's not as simple as it sounds which is why we have not done it yet. Do we just track interaction? So Bob opens the door. What about people who walk through it? Well, now we've got to track where the door volume trigger is, which is new data per door. We also need to track which way is in vs. out and have 2 more triggers to detect that. Now we need to make changes per house since doors don't have a specific front/back and some open in and some open out. And that is just the list of tasks we came up with from a hallway discussion about it. Actual implementation would probably expose even more tasks."

Would be cool if some of the servant or other NPC's could have roles and turn one of them into a doorman. Put him near the door and if you give him the password he teleports you inside without opening the door. The npc could record who has been near the house, on the lot, in the house, etc.

In a PvP POT, the npc might report similar sightings but it could also be killed and sapped. If the npc is killed he reports the incident regardless - it's considered a criminal offense and is reported to the town guard. If he's sapped it gives the opportunity for a thief to lockpick a door. The more complex the lock, the longer it takes to pick. If the thief picks the lock, opens the door and stealths inside before the sap wears off.. there is no log entry. However, there could be other traps, alarms, npcs or security measures in place that could still report the thief's presence once inside the house. Perhaps this would be limited to warring guild chapter houses, or based on the configuration of the PvP POT owner.

Similar to how UO was, I don't think players should be able to logout inside of a house if they're not on the access list. If they login/logout it should boot them outside of the lot the next time they login. Not sure how this currently functions.

John Markus likes this.
  14. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Instead of create new skills/spells or any other new item, use current features. What about Wax Cylinders with these world building audios? add them as rewards for completing quests which are related to those locations/zones :)

DarkStarr likes this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Why not just lore books :D

Olthadir and Rada Torment like this.
  16. Rada Torment

Due to my language I would prefer books (text) :) but I know lot of players loves the audio tools we have in this game.

17. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh personally I think it would just be nice to build a library... Are all the books included in the game being translated?

Gerugon and Olthadir like this.
  18. Alley Oop

i would love to love the audio tools we have in this game, but i can't while it's got the scratchy phonograph overlay sound.

19. Rada Torment

You can turn off the phonograph background noise, in Audio options ;)

Spoon likes this.
  20. Alley Oop

that only applies to the radio channel, not the phonograph channel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.