Recipes, Rage quit, and Player wipe oh my!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xkhan, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

After this post I am going to head down to the 'WTS' forum and see if anyone has a "Meteoric Sheet" recipe. They must be drop only now because:
    Solton, Solania, Ardoris, Kiln, Brittany Estates, Owl's Head, and Etceter didn't have it. And OH what fun it was going to all of them. The one bright spot was I saw Stella Moon on the Overland Map and see her name around here on the forums. NOT fun. It woudl have been OK if one of these guys had it but no...
    With no AH system and going to each vendor looking for a person who is selling it, I might as well just forget trying to craft my Meteoric Plate.

Course- I had already made the ingots - this is where the rage quit comes in - very very frustrating! I don't mind making the game harder but why does the fun keep being sucked out of the game. SURE - I bet it will be a great idea in 3 months when there are lots of recipes but for now it sucks.

Gotta say - I would be OK with a player wipe at this point.

#TGIF
    #Venting

2. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Similar to skill masters it would be good if there were NPCs to ask about recipes and they tell you where you can find them. I like that the game promotes exploration, but I can only take so many load screens before desire gives way to remorse.

(Curse you 50% load time!)

Time Lord, Spoon, Stundorn and 6 others like this.
  3. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

I agree in the part that it is a pain in the *** to look for a recipe in several towns. Maybe a better aproach is to spread the rare ones across many towns but the usual ones must be availabe in every place.

4. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

The worst part is these recipes aren't "special" in any fking way. Bone armor, ok semi-special as a fully finished craft recipe. Components? Fk you and the horse you rode in on imo. Yet another shitty crafting decision.

Lace, Solazur, Baratan and 3 others like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I think things like meteoric recipes and basics should be earned by crafting skill. The only thing found on bodies should be unusual and special interesting recipes. It is frustrating to not be able to continue progress and also that progress is not rewarded.

Dedicated crafters are not necessarily combat oriented. We need to reconsider which discovered recipes should be discovered and which are earned to make crafting satisfying, challenging and fun. Necessary recipes like meteoric plate are part of progress imo, but the special recipes like Obsidian can give challenges to obtain as they do.

This is great feedback to how it feels to crafters to get stuck during progression. .

We need to find interesting balance, not just throw recipes randomly to mob drops or chest drops.

Progress discoveries are fun even surprise discoveries as you progress, like as an example, you get message that says surprise you have discovered how to make colossus healing potions that have 4 servings in them or some other fun find.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  6. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

You could learn how to craft 2 different things from different people, but you could teach yourself how to put them together in a unique way. Even if it's a resource alternative similar to using scraps.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and majoria70 like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Once things settle out, I fully expect there will quickly appear a register of all recipes and where they can be obtained.

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Speaking of which - are the recipes for supple & hardened leather rare now? Visited the usual vendor suspects and these were nowhere to be found :(

Maybe it would help if certain vendors were marked as master-whatever-the-class-of-rare-recipes they carry. We already have master trainers so why not adopt the same system here?

And yes please - there should be hints about where to find rare stuff and the NPCs *should* talk about it.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Time Lord like this.
  9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I have confirmed with @Lexie that the meteoric iron sheet recipe is now mob-loot only (via the new bundle drops). She was very busy working on other things so couldn't give more info on why, etc, but was able to at least confirm they are not currently for sale on NPC vendors.

I would imagine they are doing this to: A.) Give the loot table more meaningful items, and B.) Make crafters more meaningful / sought after by making these recipes harder to get. Now, only certain people will be able to make meteoric iron sheets, so perhaps these will be a good item to craft and sell on vendors?

I already have this recipe, so perhaps I will start making some and put them up for sale. I also noticed that the recipe is not tradeable (at least mine isn't, but I may have learned it by discovery before they removed that option.)

Anyway, just thought I would put this info out there.

10. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

That's good to know, thanks for the info. I just hope the drop rates for recipes is not too rare. It will become too hard for new crafters to crafts anything meaningful. I've been playing moderately since the new release, and only got one crafting recipes from the loot bags. (a bowstring recipe).

11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Don't feel bad, I haven't even gotten any of the loot bags yet... let alone a recipe from them. :(

12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

got a recipe from a Yellow Supply Bundle...

[​IMG]

13. Ayelis

Ayelis Avatar

Just use the Lunar Rifts, y'all. You can go straight between Etceter, Owl's Head, and Brittany(ish)... And it's a stone's throw from Solace Bridge to Solton, Solania, and Ardoris...
    Or maybe buy an SSD drive? Loading screens only last ~10 seconds on this machine. YMMV.

Though I like that idea about "the guy who knows where all the recipes live". If we had more people updating the wiki (and maybe a better system to add items to vendors), the wiki would be that guy. It must have taken me about an hour yesterday to put this page together, and I had a few tricks up my sleeve... Heck, even having someone add {{Query vendor}} to all the item pages would help.

Lace and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  14. Gix

Gix Avatar

Am I the only one confused that the OP is okay with a player wipe when his/her problem is that he/she can't find the item(s) he/she is looking for?

How does a player wipe fix anything?

15. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

It's not that the rifts aren't faster, it's that there is no way in-game to know where the various recipes have been scattered to. Checking town after town, loadscreens abound, makes me frown. :(

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you rage quit, at least your account and avatar will still be here when you decide to play again.

17. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Gix-
    It was what crossed my mind as I was frustrated looking for a recipe. Anyone who got the recipe before this change is un-affected (or can sell when they get it) while everyone else is going to have to wait until the supply of recipes meets the demand. Only one example of those who got where they are now via gameplay that has been changed. IMHO that isn't fair.

Fionwyn Wyldemane, Wextel and K1000 like this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, punish everyone by wiping their character(s)....

19. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The dynamics have changed as was foretold.
    The usual vendor suspects are a thing of the past.

Example: all the crafted wooden sign recipes are now on the deco vendor in Resolute.
    All the blacksmith recipes for metal crafted lights are on the deco vendor in the bank in Estgard or Mud. All the streetlight and wooden pole light recipes are on the deco vendor in Brittany.

Fionwyn Wyldemane, Time Lord and Numa like this.
  20. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

no - more of ready, fire, aim reaction just like rage quit....I dont want a player wipe - but it IS frustrating.

BTW - I tried the rift's one time and it looks like it takes hours to 'get' to the town I need to go.

Fionwyn Wyldemane, Wextel and K1000 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.