Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

REL 53 Feedback - Outskirt Areas

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Baratan, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Time for me to once again provide my feedback and observations on the latest release. Bullet points are made in no particular order.

• Suggest, a bindable hotkey to close a loot window without looting everything. Also some key to exit dialogue without the need to type out or click on goodbye.
    • Weapon swapping. I understand the need for a skill with drawbacks to switch decks on a delay but how about a hotkey to swap weapon sets? I think it would improve gameplay if characters had the ability to quickly switch between weapons without the long delay of deck swapping. Whether it be from ranged to melee or from two handed to one handed this is something that would benefit players universally.
    • Maybe it's just me, but it seems like auto attack with ranged weapons is broken. If autoattack is turned on my character immediately starts shooting anything that gets in range. This should only happen when the enemy is manually targeted or double clicked on.
    • This one is a big deal. The outskirt areas. You guys have proven with these areas that you are after all, capable of making a game. This is an opportunity to change my not recommended opinion of SotA to recommended. These areas are excellent. They're great. The rest of the games areas need to be brought up to the standard of quality and content of these areas. I won't hold my breath but after exploring the outskirt area near Ardoris I finally see some hope for this game.
    • Pipedream suggestion. You know the farmers house in the Solace Bridge outskirts? Why not have the odd village or town lot in adventuring areas here and there? How cool would it be to live in a swamp or the desert or on the side of a mountain like this farmer all on your own away from the hustle and bustle of a crowded town.

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Try ESC. I hit the escape key to exit things often, I believe this works for dialogue.

Well, personally, I kind of like the delay. I know its a shaky ground when a comparison to "realism" is made in a video game, but I kind of like the "realistic" aspect of it taking considerable time - and therefore a focused and strategic choice - to swap a mace and shield for a halberd. Maybe they add calculations based on type? Perhaps smaller, single handed items swap much faster than double-handed or 2h items. Swapping a wand for a dagger could be done gracefully and very fast, when practiced. Swapping a 2H polearm for a shield and spear is a bit ridiculous, perhaps only possible if you just straight up drop the 2H on the ground ;). I also think an avatar should be made extremely vulnerable while swapping (perhaps 0% dmg avoid?)

I totally dig this, but for now I think performance would be an issue in adv scenes, plus there are certain scenes where I could see players leveraging the access to adv scene resources in an imbalanced way. Id still love to have skeletons and bandits and stuff actually roam the areas in our towns though.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Normally I don't play a release long enough to have more than one feedback post, but this time it's different.

Blood River Outskirts. This one is even better than the Solace Bridge outskirts. If you guys could somehow take this quality of area design and redo every area in the game to match the amount of content in this zone I'd totally chance my opinion on this game. As it stands these new zones are great, but they are like a bait and switch. I know that's not the intention, but that's how it stands when comparing these zones to the rest of the game.

I'd also like to suggest instead of just gold and exp rewards, maybe at the end of a quest line give a special decoration or cosmetic item as memorabilia. Trophies from the bosses would be nice too.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You actually get several. All of the frostgeist skulls, the antidruid pieces, elven wine, even a wolf trophy from the farmer.

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

and banners.

Jaesun and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  6. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I'll have to double check but I didn't notice any place able items specific to these zones. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.