Relationships and sex in SotA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I really can't believe your actually pushing this. All because you want to see two characters made of pixels being able to shag each other.........in many respects, quite sad and very unnecessary as it is only meaningful to the two people involved and adds nothing to the community as a whole.

That concludes my posts on this thread, as I have nothing more to add apart from the fact that it is ridiculous because it serves no purpose for the game in general.

2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

your opinion is always appreciated! Cya

Time Lord and Joviex like this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I don't think so. The subject is sex and relationships.. I think it's pretty clear from the context of what he's saying that he's talking about RPing/having sex and explicit animations in-game. Otherwise there'd be no reason to suggest meeting irl or on Skype (or any other method outside of the game) in order to engage in such activities. Is there?

Surely you don't think he's suggesting meeting in person to roleplay being a crafter or because of a black screen? If you don't care about explicit content then where's the disagreement? What sense would it make to disagree with not having explicit animations?

If that's not what he's saying I'd sure appreciate a little clarification.

Duke Invidia (Envy) likes this.
  4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

quote from the OP:

Time Lord likes this.
  5. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Gents, lets just calm down and take a breath. This thread seems to be heading the way of the Dodo.

A lot of good opinions in here. Lets keep it clean and unlocked :D

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm not talking about the OP.. I'm talking about your personal response to what Invidia said that makes it appear as though you are for explicit content.

Duke Invidia (Envy) likes this.
  7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thanks, I think that is what they are trying to do. I will refrain.

8. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Of course it does, people want it (this thread is up to 15 pages now) and have paid money for a game they want and a company is about customer SERVICE. Thats the purpose of the game, to give the CUSTOMERS (ie the people who have paid money) what they want and this is no more or less a desirable feature than any other like PvP. In fact games which HAVE relationships tend to have deeper stories. Why do you think Bioware always gets praised for its RPGs (yes the ending for mass effect got slammed but that shows how much people actually cared about the series) even though its owned by the Evil EA? because relationships are a VERY compelling part of story telling and character development. You know whats NOT in any of the bioware games? PvP. A game doesn't need PvP but it DOES need a compelling story and compelling character development (and I don't mean sword use improved .01).

I have so far spent $1600 on this game, that is about the same as HALF of my PS3 collection. Therefore in order for this game to be worth the expense it needs to have all the character development and story telling of games like Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc and that includes compelling relationships and YES sex is part of that. Sorry if you don't know but sex is the driving factor of humanity, as a sexually reproducing species sex is the whole reason we exist. Your parents had sex, your grandparents and all the way back to this fish

[​IMG]

Of course people want to role play sexuality, its part of a well rounded character. Sex and Sexuality and relationships in entertainment is FAR more widespread and logical than killing eachother. Society frowns on killing people where as we NEED sex (at least for a few more generations) in order to BE a species

9. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

Well if sexual relationship would be implanted in the game might as well make it fun

1. Upon initiating copulation activity with your partner the screen goes black for 5 seconds while random male/female (depending on the genders involved) grunting sounds will be played.

2. After the copulation, both characters involved will be laying on the ground unable to move for 15 seconds, while with their torso/legging pieces automatically removed (15 seconds of snuggling after the "activity"). During this 15 seconds recovery period no armor/clothing may be put back onto the avatar. The Recovery period can be interrupted (i.e. the players will regain control of their avatars) when any forms of debuffs or damages are done to the characters.

3. If people are caught having sex in public (i.e. NPC town). All members involved will be thrown to the Clink for 5 min and get fined for 1000 gold. Repeat offenders will get fined more, up to 5000 gold. If the offender is unable to pay then he/she will be staying in the jail for 10 min per 1000 gold short in addition to the 5 min base jail time

4. If people decide to perform sexual activities in wilderness or dungeon. During the 5 second "black out" period and the 15 seconds recovery period all players involved in the copulation activities are flagged for open PvP.

Akiera likes this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Um are you not one of the ones who said you bought into the game for the SINGLE player option, and if it wasn't there you would not have participated?

How are you going to meet someone in Single player?

11. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I think it would be highly amusing to replace the word "sex" with "PvP" or "cannibalism" and see the argument for what it is. A preference. Some people think those topics serve a useful purpose in a game. Others think sex does. I've enjoyed playing Dragonage (Origins & II), couldn't stand Mass Effect, but if it was a real person I would never engage in that kind of roleplay. I'm a faithfully married woman and have no interest in roleplaying sex in multiplayer. But, I think for folks who really want this option, it can be a money maker for the game.

It's true what Bowen says, a good game doesn't need sex to be a good game. I personally hate music videos that have explicit content (such as Nicki Menaj's "Anaconda"). It doesn't matter if I hate them, they make them because they make huge profits from people who love it. I wouldn't want children watching or listening to that crud. But for those that enjoy it, let them. It seems that what a person lacks in talent, they try to make up for with sexual content. But I don't think Dragonage did that. It was a great game even without the relationships.

In a game, it's not like others would watch sex scenes. But PvP, or cannibalism, others do witness it.

If the game has a single player option, I see no problem including sexual content. Even the old Ultimas had some. Cheesy but still, it was there.

Sir Asguard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.