Release 2 "Quests"

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Dermott, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Here's what I have discovered so far in terms of quests being written into the game. Granted this may or may not be all of the current quests and I'm not sure exactly how far into each "quest" you can get (some you can only get the information, others I'm not sure how far into the process the test is going).

In Owl's Head

Morton is looking for a book in Kingsport titled LEDGER. The NPCs in Kingsport know a lot about Morton including his wife. Finding his wife will tell you how to get the Ledger.

Morton's wife Alicia is in one of the buildings by the sea in Kingsport. You'll find her asking where her "no good husband" has gotten to. By following the conversation to let her know that her husband is at the Fire Lotus Tavern in Owl's Head, then asking about the Ledger, she will give you the Ledger in exchange for the information. (Note: At this time, the Ledger is NOT a physical item... that's where I went wrong) Return to Morton to complete the task.

Edit to Add: Hit tip to Mingo for the nudge in the right direction below!

Dreyfus and Enmar seem to have the same mini-quests, namely to fight undead and bandits (not possible until R4)

Bentham needs Anthracite Ore from a mine near Kingsport (not possible until we can explore the whole island and can gather resources)

Myra's brother is in The Clink: Same issue as Bentham in that The Clink is not yet in game.

Myron, Myra's brother has been thrown in The Clink by the Guards. You can then talk to Enmar about the issue at which point he informs you that Myron deserted his post and thus he has no sympathy for Myron or any desire to free him. This quest is not yet completable

Morgan wants you to ruin the business of Myra and Randall: You can decide whether or not to tell Todd "the meat is spoiled" at which point Myra will become upset (this may or may not affect your ability to get the Myron/Clink quest). Return to Morgan and tell him "the deed is done" for his payment (not yet ingame).

Hat tip to Amaranthus for the deatils here.

In Kingsport

Lauren seems to believe she and you are trapped in the Vale: She is looking for Wycliffe, Norman, and Halmar for news.

Anton states Harry by the Northern Bridge will pay for things

Julia has healing Herbs and Potions:
    Returning these items to Winslow in Owl's Head will ease his suffering and help him be able to give a report on the Throne of Bone, after which you should report to Dreyfus (who at this point may not trust you to say more)

Hat tip to Miracle Dragon for this one.

2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I picked up every book in Kingsport that I could find...Nothing that I noticed said LEDGER on it...but it was fun picking up many books from the shelves...

When I returned to Morton he didn't talk about the book anymore, so not sure what I missed :)

Was fun to try some quests tho.

Time Lord and Mist like this.
  3. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Yeah... I did that too. However I think the cottage in question is one of those that have boarded up doors so we CAN'T find the ledger.

I was surprised at the number of books we could nick from the shelves and tables. With the current setup allowing items to be deleted if they are picked up in the world area and NOT put into a container, that might be a problem if someone mis-clicks the actual ledger and deletes it (although restarting will respawn it).

Again though, I'm not complaining that the quests are incomplete, just seeing what people have found and how far into them they can get.

Edit: Figured it out... it's not a "where" as much as it's a "who".

4. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ah yes, that would be pretty sneaky of them to board up our building. Well hopefully they will allow us to complete some quests in the next release...Kind of wondering what r3 will give us since r4 seems to have everything :)

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

--Morton's wife is looking for him. As best I recall she is near the sea, near that tavern. The ledger might be near her.

Time Lord and Dermott like this.
  6. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

7. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Added in Bentham's request and created a page for Kingsport quests with the two I know of.

8. Amaranthus

Amaranthus Avatar

This one was simple, but it still took me two tries to get it right. I gave up the first time since because it seemed like the merchant did not really respond to me having carried out the task.

Myra and Todd are standing by one of the stands opposite of Morgan (not the one directly opposite). Myra is behind it and Todd in front. Just say something like "Todd, the meat is spoiled!" (and if you're me, you'll add "The witch is trying to kill you! She eats babies! We must foil her business and run her out of town!"). Todd will thank you and Myra will shout at you calling you a terrible liar. The hardest part is communicating your success to Morgan. In the end, I spammed him various phrases until he told me that I just had to say "The task is done" when I was finished. It worked. He did, however, not give me a single gold piece out of the twenty he promised me, and I made it clear to him that I knew where he lived (a cunning bluff), and that his treachery would cost him dearly. He replied with a casual and quite vexing "If you say so.". He probably knew that combat was not in release 2.

Maka, Lum, docdoom77 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

"Myra's brother is in The Clink: Same issue as Bentham."

I kept looking for that Jailhouse in release 1 but could not find it.

10. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

That's the issue. The areas to explore such as The Clink, the Throne of Bone, and the Anthracite Mine are not yet in, so they all have the same issue that you cannot yet complete those quests for that reason.

11. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

There is a quest to heal Winslow, the injured guard,
    you can go to Julia the healer in Kingsport and she'll give you herbs and potions of healing,
    take it back to Winslow, and his pain eases so that he can give you his report of the throne of bone..
    Strangely captain Dreyfus still doesn't trust you enough to talk to you about anything meaningful even after you healed the man he was caring for..

Time Lord likes this.
  12. stile

stile Avatar

Nice list Dermott.. I published a little blurb on it. If your ever interested in sending quest related blurbs to me, let me know and I can publish them! Could possibly do a quest of the week spotlight or something similar.

http://www.thecaverns.net/Wordpress/dermott-talks-quests/

Time Lord and Dermott like this.
  13. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Thanks for the mention! Really not a lot to spotlight on right now and I put up a few basics of the quests that SotAWiki didn;t have, but I didn;t keep a note of the exact keywords of each one, merely the notes I jotted down (like the old days :p) as I got the information. I also knew I probably didn't have all of the quests.

I totally missed the Julia-to-Winslow connection, so missed that quest entirely.

Hopefully we can use these as a start point to flesh them out in R3 and as the quests become more involved, then a "Quest of the Week" feature can be considered.

Depending on just how much is added to R3, I'll see if I can get a detailed synopsis of the quests.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Moving thread to quest section.

15. Maka

Maka Avatar

Myra's brother quest I just love. You talk to Myra and the evil guards have thrown her brother into the clink just for trying to help with the farm. You talk to Enmar and the evil Myron deserted his post and had to be jailed! I'm really hoping there is a way to resolve this line by paying off someone in the clink as breaking someone out of jail doesn't seem virtuous to me.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much time I spent searching for Wycliffe, Norman & Halmar! I should have been crafting but I went and said hello to everyone I could find. No luck. Side note is I love that we can't see NPC names without talking to them. :)

Dermontt, great post!

Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
  16. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I have updated the Quest descriptions with what has been gathered so far. Direct answers I have put into the Spoiler portions, in R3, I will take notes to add in the proper conversation key words.

17. Miracle Dragon

Haha.. my response to Myra was, "I understand you need a man at the farm now that your no good brother has got himself put into jail. I offer my services and request only a bed to sleep in, and to eat my share of the produce."

-I propose an alternate option for this quest: Instead of freeing her no-good brother, I should be able to find her a suitable husband.

Time Lord and Maka like this.
  18. Miracle Dragon

I noticed if you talk to one of the wandering guards in the city about the sheep nearby, he says he is actually watching them for the shopkeeper Maria! But I couldn't find her anywhere, did anyone else find her? Since when do city guards watch sheep for shopkeepers? Seems odd.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Maka

Maka Avatar

I'll come to your wedding and bring a gift!

20. Maka

Maka Avatar

Yeah, I walked too close to the sheep and one of the guards yelled at me. I'm guessing after the fall people were getting a little too "friendly" with the sheep and now they need armed guards. Poor sheep. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.