1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 20 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

General consensus among those who like pvp is your building a sims game primarly based on Tramel like world without a Fellucia. I'm invested.. this kind of talk hurts the chances of a big take off. I believe shroud would do better with people complaining about getting pk'ed. Didn't stop uo. Don't get me wrong.. I hate gankers.. but without them I sit around bored because I get a guilt complex for ganking anyone but gankers.

I heard about the preservation of a forest where they protected it from fire and eventually it died, because fire is the naturally rejuvenator of the soil. You want excitement, lite a fire.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Atogrim likes this.
  2. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

In R12 two handed sword could do amazing damage if you 5 stacked inner strength and earth strength.. it was a pain, but thats considered too much compared to a one button shot from a ice arrow... I dont understand. If i want to stop you from getting to me their is many unstoppable ways to do that. Melee nerfed? Overkill on something that didn't need to be killed in the first place. After magic came in I remember using death touch, ice fist, lighting, healing.. almost every magic tree.. only one skill from each, but they all where used... now, because the balance is even farther off and targeting is so challenging and dangerous to melee, death touch and ice fist are out.. even fiery shield bash is debatable and fire is the love child of shroud. Lighting will suck all manna out quickly for a long shot chance of stun.. so thats questionable also. It just feels like its getting worse and worse, more restrictive. I really think we would be more entertained by over powered skills then underpowered.
    I tried chain lighting ice arrow in pvp ( bad combo I know ) .. I was interrupted 5 times in a row... luckily ice arrow can break that rule for some reason on occasion or it would be terrible to.
    I honestly think you all need to quit working on the game for one month and play the game.. see what compels you to play more, what annoys you.. and above all I'd like to see the pvp designer to play with the pvp crowd. When it comes to game design, I think playing is more important then working.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Atogrim likes this.
  3. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

New content is probably the most exiting thing but that's always a temporary rush. new things become old. Challenges are compelling.. but have to be accomplishable or their annoying, and yet, if accomplished they become a old thing. Ultima Online had a cool little add with the skill points for each skill. Instead of gaining a Adventure level, I would get excited about gaining that .1 in the skill I really liked and had a long list of skill to increase so I always felt accomplishment. Its silly, but that constant feeling of growth helps a lot. Random reinforcement is the most addictive however.. and though best, requires a constant source of accomplishment to maintain the drive to go for the gambles.
    Gambles on hard to do project like crafting can be more annoying then fun... I would put that more in a constant category, but treasure chests are a great form of random excitement.

4. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

What compels a person to stay up tell 4 in the morning playing a game when all reason says go to bed? That's the secret of everything.... Rome, America both are built on dreams.. on a hope of what could be, of what is possible. Men are dreamers and they have to be to grow. In function its a game .. a distraction, but in reality its a dream.
    Selling towns is awesome idea.. and , crippling. I've been on both sides of it. As a gamer all I want is a equal playing field and despite I get to claim one town as my own, I think we still have a very equal playing field despite contributions... but how do others see it? Reality doesn't run on reality, but on the perception of reality. Its was a necessary hurdle, but should be noted as something that must be jumped over now.
    I stay up tell four in the morning to test new ideas... combos or skills, or items.. to create something new. I stay up tell 4 in the morning for vanity, for friends, but it all comes from the perceived dream of a future reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.