1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 20 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Made small edit to add the following sentence: There is a chance that not every PoT on this list will make release in the morning but they should all be present before the weekend.

Right now we are ironing out some issues with Islands and nested PoTs.

2. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

We all have updates we do like reading the most.

These are my personal hightlight readings:

Player Owned Vendors: Players will now be able to place a Vendor on their property to sell goods.
    I think Vendors are the most important to motivate Players to visit your house. I mean lets be honest - it was the main reason in Ultima Online to roam around : Shopping

No More Penalties on Locked Glyphs:
    The penalties on locked glyphs have been removed.
    I did Play the last times always with locked glyphs - so i am happy i do nto get a Penalty for my personal choice not to Poker Combat. :)

Tower of the Shuttered Eye:
    This haunted swamp to the east of Ardoris has gotten a large polish pass, including dynamic spawns and nighttime spawners. Additionally, there is now an entire quest line devoted to the inside of the Tower itself, and the completion of a quest of intrigue and mystery involving the rulers of Ardoris. Solving the riddle will take as much intellect as it will brawn, as you must also defeat the undead hordes infesting this Obsidian tower.

This i will take a look at, i love all the polishes you do. The visual ones. :)

Troll-ing

Will take a look at the Troll

Breakables Improvements: The tech supporting breakables (walls, crates, barrels, gates, doors, etc.) has expanded to include timers, difficulty, and tool requirements. In many ways, they now resemble resource nodes.
    Sounds intresting. :)

Swaying Signs & Lanterns: Hanging signs and lanterns now sway in the wind and sway a little more when interacted with. When weather comes online, you will see high winds make them swing even more! Ultima fans may remember this type of little detail that set Ultima apart from the other CRPGs of the time. We are as devoted to this type of detailing now as we were then!

Some might think such stuff is unimportant - but i think These are very important - as These are the Little unnoticed changes that ad a much believable more feel for the game

Emote + Text Combos: We have added a long requested feature, especially from people wanting to act out plays in-game, where avatars can use the new /em command to construct their own emote/text combinations, and also embed animations into those emotes (or regular chat) via percent escape codes such as %point% or %dance%.
    • Emoting while Sitting: You can finally simultaneously use emotes while sitting!

Awesome News, the only Thing i did miss is the Option to give it your own personal emote Color. :)

Trees: There are now 6 different species of tree in 4 different sizes that can be placed on your lot including; White Oaks, Common Lindens, Yellow Cedars, Common Aspens, Fountain Palms and Blue Spruces.
    Plants: There are now 5 different plants in 3 different sizes that can be placed on your lot including; Azalea bushes, Black Elder bushes, and Saguaro Cacti (3 variations).
    Another important visual improvement for the gardens

Wood & Plaster Two-Story w/Balcony (village): Now has a fireplace.
    Hurray! did miss that home sweet home fire for the best House in the game. :)

Target Indicators: Now much more subtle than the old eye-burning, immersion breaking red outline. Targets that are within your cone of attack in free attack mode will now pulse slightly. There is also now a slider in options that allows you to control how much of the target is highlighted.
    And i loved, loved reading this update! I hatet the target Highlights, i mean it !

And you all enjoy your POT. :)

Sara Dreygon, Hazard, smack and 10 others like this.
  3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Excellent Update! Any picture of the Hidden Vale map with POTs?

smack, Mata, StarLord and 6 others like this.
  4. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

~prepares the call to the bomb squad~
    Amber: Yes, it was seen. What? Of course I am serious, open that portal.... Yes, right over blood forest! That Caldera needs to be formed somehow! All night meteor shower right in the center of Blood (omen) Forest! On mark...... stand ready! No questions this time.. I hold the spoon.. your questions are invalid!
    ~clicks the phone down, writes in her little black book with the 8 pointed star on it. As she sits back rubbing her hands together, she smiles at her returned wolf friend. "Welcome back home, Mori Tura!"~

---------------------
    Thank you! Thank you!
    All the things! This is an amazing release! And I am going to have to get all of my experience of it in Thursday and half of Friday....This release is almost making me consider postponing my trip across canada!!!

New Clothes, new friends (pets), and all the towns! And perhaps it was just me but seriously, CONGRATS!!! on very few strike outs this round and even bigger congrats on getting more in then you were aiming for. Fantastic! Keep up the great work Port!

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

While I can appreciate that there needs to be a limit, this seems really low. A servant and a pet max out a Knight's keep?

Will there be a chance that the number of NPCs will be limited more like the number of lights, by lot size and how large of home you own? I can keep my servant on the first floor if I can place my pets in my upstairs bedrooms and/or in the basement. Even half of this limit per floor (rounded up) would be adequate.

6. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson Only a starting number, good sir - I had to re-read within the parentheses!

Thanks so much for all your hard work and dedication to us and to this world, Devs!

smack, Lord-Galiwyn and Amber Raine like this.
  7. Stealthy

Stealthy Avatar

Will the Player Owned Towns have the selected merchants requested in the POT form? Example: Crafting merchant, Combat merchant? Also can these NPC buildings and merchants be placed anywhere in the town like by the entrance gate? or do all of them have to be placed in townsquare

8. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

WOW! I'm ready to play. . .. So much update! Much awesome! :p

smack, Mata and enderandrew like this.
  9. DarkStarr

As stated in the update you can only place lots at this time.

• Dynamic Lot Placement Tool: As we have been building out Player Owned Towns, we have gotten a lot of very valuable feedback from you that static lot placement was limiting the flexibility of these towns, especially if the needs of the owners’ and tenants’ changed. For instance, if you had a tenant upgrade to a larger lot, but all your lots were already allocated, you would have no recourse. We also heard how much you all wanted to make personalized tweaks to lot layout—for instance, how close row lots were to each other. So in R20, we decided to experiment with creating a new tool for town owners (and stewards) which would allow them to place lots dynamically (providing there is a big enough flat area). Once a lot is placed, everything works exactly as it always has regarding permissions, decorations, etc. Only lots can be placed for now, but we hope to expand this over the next several releases to include NPC Buildings, NPCs, and other “town” decorations (trees, signs, street lights, cache chests etc.). The dynamic lot placement tool still remains a bit of an experiment, but pending your feedback in Release 20, we think this could grow to be a great way for Player Owned Towns to express their individuality and flexibility.

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm assuming town specific music is also down the road and didn't make this release.

11. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

BRAVO!

What A GREAT Release this is going to be!

Laz

12. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

There's a lot of great changes to Spells & Skills here! Focus skills removed, combination Lock/unlocked skills, more subtle indicators for combat!

Directionality is very welcome and looking forward to seeing more variety of homes in the game too, will have to check out The Baron's Tower :D

Also having permanent pets at home... that's pretty cool :D

smack and Duchess Wyldemane like this.
  13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

• I highlighted the pertinent text :p

smack likes this.
  14. DarkStarr

I modified the post to clarify.

Please note that "blank template" means there is currently nothing on the map other than a town crier/banker (no NPC buildings, no music, no NPCs, nothing).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  15. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Will we be able to craft the Battle Spear this release?

16. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The towns are..........TABULA RASA?

17. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

I literally LOL'ed at this... but I kind of now despise myself for doing so. What has become of me?

Lady Adnor likes this.
  18. DarkStarr

Well played! Well played indeed.

19. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

• Towers renovated: The white Village and Town Towers were greatly renovated to grant access to every floor of every tower as well as the parapets. This greatly increased the number of floors and decoratable areas. The Town Tower for instance now has 6 new rooms!
    Can't wait to see the changes made to these, I hope it's enough to make me want one now :)

20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Is there a map of the PoTs on the Hidden Vale?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.