1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 33 Lot Deed Raffle Winners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Take a look at the SOTA Customers Terms of Service. Everything here is pledge.

Do you know what "pledge" mean ? You don't buy one deed or item with a dedicated value (it s not even refundable). You are supporting the game. You don't buy a commodity. You are financially helping Portalarium to build Shroud of the Avatar, and receive virtual rewards in return. You are GIVING money.

What people like you are doing is speculation on this. You are selling pledges. It is your responsability to inform your customers that pledges have no assured market value.

Just a reminder : You can speculate because Portalarium organizes limited sales arbitrarily. When you can make profit of it, it suits you... so you have to accept the risks.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Correct.

Question is are you going to help fill the big black hole in funding that will appear (probably at the next kickstarter) when the "whale" community walk away as they feel they have been taken advantage of and no longer support the game. The "masses" arn't exactly getting excited about the game to come and spend their money to help out.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Was that a POT-only city lot that went for 800K? Because all of those 79 lots were POT-only.

Indeed. POT owners do have reason to view this differently from the rest of us. I'm sure it's harder to feel the PAD vs POT deed difference when you're sitting there with 50 lots worth of unused land. I can't keep thinking the words "desperately need" when I think of empty POTs needing more lot deeds in the world. I certainly believe in what a POT can become once there are enough deeds to bring those lots to life. In the long run, I feel that the extra housing they will provide will be "just right" if we get a lot of new players after release, making it scale better than it would have without them.

4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

You should have told immediatly that you have a crystal ball. Can I have one too ?
    That's fun. When it comes to complain about the fall in value of deeds, one brandish the fact that some wanted to sell because of taxes. But no one would remember that all major contributors (your whales) have been entitled with "place anywhere tax free lot deeds" that can be claimed at the very beginning of the game (in NPC towns for exemple).
    Honestly, there is no comparison between the raffle rewards and the pledge rewards..

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Sean Silverfoot and jutman like this.
  5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Intuition is something that can't be given away or sold.

6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

You are sharing your intuition when you are using the future "is + going". Ok.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

One thing in forgot to ask can we get how many of each ticket was actually sold ?

Alexander and Spoon like this.
  8. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

My apologies. I didn't realize you were talking about POT deeds, so I was only speaking to the case of PADs.

You might very well be right about how POT deeds are affected, but since POTs have an owner besides Port and most if not all owners have a good deal of vision and emotional investment on top of their financial investment, POT land distribution isn't going to be subject to free market principles and should never have been considered an investment vehicle outside of a POT that one personally owns in the first place.

9. joeschmoes

joeschmoes Avatar

I am not a gold farmer. I don't even play much as I don't have a lot of spare time. With that said, I think the raffle is a mistake while they are still making money selling deeds on the add-on store. The ability for this game to survive long-term depends on the add-on store, which includes deeds. Consider this - what if Portalarium began raffling everything available on the add-on store? People would stop purchasing anything from the add-on store because they could not trust that their real-money purchase would not soon be offered up as a in-game gold raffle.

If Portalarium's strategy is to flood the market with taxable POT deeds or place anywhere deeds, this will be a short-sighted mistake. People will grow tired of spending money on the add-on store (or their wife will see their credit card bill and flip out), but either way, the add-on store needs to provide a systematic way for Portalarium to generate revenue or this game is doomed. I think it is a slap in the face to large backers who helped get this game to where it is today and see the most prized possession - land deed - be offered not with real money, but with macro's that farm gold. I hope they learn from this, but it looks like we're about to go through Raffle v2.0 so they haven't learned yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.