1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 47 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lippone

Lippone Avatar

Really good work. Just one question I have now. You increase the Fizzle chance at the Heavy Armor. Healing is now more difficult. How about if your bandage is introduced so I can do without magic?

Hornpipe, Stundorn and Almar like this.
  2. Lippone

Lippone Avatar

I have yet another suggestion. If you don't want the armor types to be mixed, you will get a penalty / bonus if you do not have a complete armor. So you only punish the pure Heavy Armor carriers.

3. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

I'm with @Bowen Bloodgood on the body part issue though it has nothing to do with immersion. I don't want any reward forcefully given other then gold for pvp kills. I suppose the simple answer is to get a bunch of governors together and start banning players out of all our cities. If you want to play an evil character that takes bones from players without taking the virtuous path of returning them we can certainly keep you out of our borders.

MFWalter and Stundorn like this.
  4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I bet they don't care at all ;) I would have loved to see the bounty on those items increased, but I guess we all know who was cuing that idea to them.

5. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Ill have to get a bounty bored up in my town with list of players to kill repeatedly, start a weekly pick pocket alert news letter, dishonorable killer list, honorable pvper friend alert list for when the anti-virtue pvpers show and players need help. Now that we can verify kill time with the api and have proof of kills with the body parts bounties will be much easier to place on players. On my list for tomorrow......

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    MFWalter and Elwyn like this.
  6. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

The kobold toilet looks great, I notice it has a gauge fitted, is this functional and can we expect competitions?

Elwyn, Fister Magee and Rada Torment like this.
  7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Many good Additions and fixes.
    Good work.

Balancing nerfs for buffs and Fizzle etc. sound good.

Great!!!

Idk if the gathering bar now is maybe more annoying and disturbing o_O
    I think it was good where it was, but first i have to take a look before criticising.

8. oplek

oplek Avatar

When I first saw the image of the toilet, I thought it was a coffee machine. Game needs a coffee machine.

StarLord and Stundorn like this.
  9. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Depending on the coffee you might be drinking it could be a coffee machine.....

Cassyr Dubois likes this.
  10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

The increase of chest piece is due to all those mages using same setup (plate chest with rest cloch). Pure mages should never use any piece of heavy armor. Bandages feature sounds good to me.

11. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

@LiquidBlaze informed me that the gauge is a known as a "Couric Gauge" :D

LiquidBlaze likes this.
  12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Regarding the loot body part thingie, here is some history:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/r22-loot-system.37993/

IIRC then @Ristra (and apologies if I misrepresent your position from memory) had one of the better suggestions back then which was that the trophy would be a separate ransom from the loot, where if you wanted to pay ransom for both it would cost an additional fee.

Kinda like
    A - ransom loot - 550g
    B - ransom trophy - 1000g
    C - ransom, loot & trophy 3100g (550+1000=1550*2)

13. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

nice update!! and body parts should never be ransomed, its a nostalgic feature from UO!

Disgruntled and Rada Torment like this.
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

True, I'm wearing cloth and nothing else since day one !

I'll never wear plate or even chain or use a weapon or two wands at the same time!!!

If the game punish me for beeing an authentic mage, then it is like it is, my role in a role play game is more important than everything else!

If the setting is going to make dual chopstick wielders or chainmail or platemail chest mages better than the archetype of a mage in cloth with a staff then i will wait for obisidans wear those instead of their robes.
    I can imagine a Mage using a weapon sometimes , but not more often than it's staff or a wand and a book.
    If they are going to change that and want not to balance it properly, I will still stick to my favorite type of a mage.

In the far future I maybe will build a Swordfighter and Archer from the perennial coast who wears leather then and maximum chainmail.

Rada Torment likes this.
  15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Setting aside the major pet peeve you just triggered.. even magic follows rules. Every magic system has them. And because there are rules not even magic will contradict itself. "It's magic!" is a pretty cheap catch all argument for everything unexplained.

Stundorn likes this.
  16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There is that too. I don't want to be the villain.. I play the good guy.. I don't want to be carrying around people's body parts just because I bested them in combat. I would never take them so what are they doing there? And I shouldn't have to actively avoid taking them. Rather it should be something you should have to actively take. (By actively I mean not with "take all" where you don't even look to see what's there first) . ie such as by using a skinning knife.

MFWalter, Stundorn and Lained like this.
  17. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I don't see the problem tbh. If some of you won't carry corpse parts, why you don't just remove them from your inventory or give them away to some guilds/players collecting these kind of items?

I remember the old days in UO nobody complained about this, was part of the pvp and adds some cool items for collection or deco. For me is all about options, more options/content, better for all.

GraveDncer likes this.
  18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

My PvP looting suggestion was based on time. The base of it was about splitting types of loot into categories and each category had it’s own length of time required to loot.

However, I pealed the ransom off to a side system. Because I don’t believe it’s a ransom system. It’s an insurance. The person that did the looting does not get to set/negotiate the terms for the return.

I’m not sure I would suggest they itemize the ransom though. The looted player gets to cherry pick items taking away negotiating power from the looter.

Body parts seem to be a touchy item for some. I would exclude those completely. Then make body parts a part of victory conditions. When they add the ability to set victory conditions, of course.

Spoon likes this.
  19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If nobody complained then why did they remove it from the game early on? Sure UO started with the ability to carve up corpses (which I'd point out didn't just happen on its own, you had to actively do it).. but as I recall it didn't take a year for that feature to be removed.

UO aside.. which SotA is not.. giving them away would require you to first carry them around with you.. where the actual point was.. some people don't want to deal with them at all. Nobody should feel forced to get rid of something they never would've taken in the first place. It's a tedious hassle. Either don't loot your opponents or don't PvP... or have to go through the hassle of dealing with unwanted corpse parts.

Elwyn and MFWalter like this.
  20. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

What are the names ? What do they do ? Where can we find em ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.