1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 47 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Not in the Lore of the world... Avatars resurrect...

Lord Bankee likes this.
  2. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Ugh, sorry to hear this. Dealing with loss is rather difficult. Sending *hugs* their way.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That approach has it's own set of problems we don't really need to get into here. I just wanted to make a point that not everyone is happy with how body parts are handled. In fact, I'm especially annoyed because I brought this issue up a long time ago and Starr specifically told me that ransom would apply to body part trophies as an opt out mechanism. Things change sure and I'm not necessarily trying to lawyer him. I know I'm probably in the minority here.. most people who actually care probably wouldn't say anything cause they're not likely PvPers in the first place.. but it I would have liked to think I could consider PvP without this kind of deterrent.

And I much prefer opt-in approaches rather than opt-out. Anyway.. moving on.

Stundorn likes this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Again.. NOT the point..

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Great release, thank you!

6. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

This truly irritates me. I don't PvP often, but when I do I always buy my trophies back because I don't want them out there. Ransoming body parts of the fallen has been part of this game since the start. Honestly, I would rather let someone take an item off me without ransom than one of my body parts. Now I get no say in the matter. There ends my PvPing ever again. Do we atleast have a method to duel someone without PvP flagging so that I can participate in PvP contest without losing my body parts to the other contestants?

7. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

• Earth Magic Strength Damage Bonus Reduction: The spells Earthquake, Stone Arrow, and Stone Fist have all had the bonus damage for strength reduced by approximately 25%. These three skills were added to the “100% experience return on untrain” list.
    • Heavy Armor Torso Fizzle Rate: The fizzle rate of plate chest pieces has increased by 4% and the fizzle rate of chain chest piece has increased by 2%.
    • Removal of Stacking Bonus for Long Duration Buffs: Spells that buff the player in some way that have a duration greater than 1 minute will no longer receive effectiveness bonuses for stacking or charging them. They will still receive a reduced focus bonus. The list of skills that this impacts includes Air’s Embrace, Berserker Stance, Celestial Blessing, Death Shield, Defensive Stance, Douse, Earth’s Embrace, Enlightenment, Ignite Weapon, Inner Strength, Passive Stance, Reckless Stance, Shield of Air, Shield of Crystal, Shield of Ice, Spellbinder’s Stance, and Strength of Earth.
    • Increased Damage from Glancing Blows: This was actually a bug fix but one that will have a significant impact on players. Glancing blow was doing roughly 1/6th the damage of a normal hit before damage resistance was applied and was supposed to be doing 1/3rd damage before armor on average.
    • Critical Hit Reduction: The critical hit reduction (or increase) provided by skills like Fortify Defense and Firefly and items like the Gambler’s Ring, will now modify the max hit damage for a critical instead of the % chance of getting a critical hit. The Gambler’s Ring, for example, now adds a 0.5 Critical Damage modifier which means instead of doing 1x max normal damage to 2.5x max damage, like normal critical hits, it will instead do 1x to 3x.
    All these nerfs and you guys are worried about body parts being stolen? Looks like @Chris already has us by the balls and intends to keep them.

belijaal, Mac2, Trihugger and 2 others like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

hey, a release with no strike-throughs in the notes! /cheer

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm still not sure what the reason was changing this in the first place. I never liked the ransom mechanic to begin with but at least it allowed us to stay in one piece (for whatever reason to each our own). I would think if someone paid to keep their parts that it would be obvious they didn't want to give them up and those who didn't probably don't care so it works right? What need was there to make this change?

10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Pressure from certain segments of the player base. And I get it, there is no reason to PvP. But adding more reasons NOT to PvP is confusing.

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I wonder how much I could get for a "Skull of Rufus D'Asperdi"... or the opportunity to 'harvest' one.

Spoon likes this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There are entire rooms full of skulls that people gave freely. If it's not something that was taken, I think the value goes down quite a bit.

It's too bad there's not an easy way to tell the difference between a skull someone gave away and a skull someone lost.

13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Not sure how much sense it makes. I mean.. if people who want trophies were complaining about too many people buying them back via ransom.. then would not that indicate that a lot of players don't want it? I wonder if they actually looked at those numbers? Either way I'm baffled.

14. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Summoned Undead are getting buffed? Very interesting, can't wait to try out the new changes to them!

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  15. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Magic Exists in this world...Magical stuff is gonna happen.

16. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Can we please make all the affected buffs with a corresponding fizzle rate (ie everything but the stances) last the same amount of time as the stat buffs? All of them except douse have no reactive component to the spells so it doesn’t really make sense to force their recasting in combat. Many of these abilities were only viable because their duration could be make long enough to last the fight. I get it you want to make combat more difficult but this basically prevents the viable use of these skills completely and not just lowering the stacked value they gave.

17. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

This release looks great!!! keep the hard work.

18. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

They just keep getting bigger and bigger, hats off to all concerned......

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  19. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

Looks like another good release, keep them coming! :)

Stundorn likes this.
  20. Black777Lodge

Black777Lodge Avatar

With each new release I'm getting more and more confident, that this game will be very successfull !

Again great work Portalarium and Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.