Repeat..... Hints on carpentry gains

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Belladonna Rose, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

While I like that I was able to gain my carpentry approx 12 points to make some deco for our town last night, that was still extremely fast. It took 10 minutes. I am wanting this game to have longevity and allowing us do every in 10 minutes is not helping. The thing is that is all there is to do in regards to most things in the game. Just rush it and you will be done. Nooooooo.

If while raising our skills we have criteria which must be met and should give us an adventure, to do that. These should require us to do the necessary things to raise and it is not just click and yay you get the raise.

Let us earn the skill like as an example: 'You are now level 10 in carpentry gives you a bonus and a project like you need to seek out the hermit up in black blade pass who is one of the only people you hear to know how to further advise you in the art of carpentry in this place we have been dropped into. He is said to have secrets to impart to you.'

Very much we are missing the adventures with crafting and skills and crafting quests to acquire achievements and adventures to getting better at crafting. It is all just given to us. We are rushing into this game and finishing it in no time. This is so bad for the game.

edited *majoria goes to make coffee*

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I agree to a point with Majoria but I have been working my carpentry for almost two weeks ....I have gone from 65 to 82. I know the higher you go the harder it is to get gains but geez this is crazy. Whether i salvage or make stuff the gains are crazy slow. And there is no low material item to make to get gains on. The lowest i have found is wall shelves and room dividers. Again getting a stock pile of materials is rough. I have been gathering materials for the row greenhouse so all my lumber is stashed away for this purpose. Just kinda crazy. Have to have wood..duh....but then you have to turn it into timber....then into boards. Thats alot of wood. I know using wood scraps with wood helps in the wood cost but the cost of creosote is adding up too.
    Normally i just casually gain in crafting skills....but i really want this house....so i will keep trudging on. Hopefully by the end of next week i will have attained my goal.

Acred likes this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

well i finally got to level84...proficiency is at 64.8...still a few points short to use the hammer and table to learn the recipe. Hopefully by the end of the week i can get enough to make the house. Just rough gathering the salvage stuff....i guess i can go to a lower level scene and get stuff. Might have to try it. guess its time for me to go to Highvale and kill me some elves and bandits.

4. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

What I've been doing is running a route back and forth in Blackblade Foothills grabbing all the bows hammers etc filling up until at encumbrance then scraping it all right next door at Cottage Grove. Obviously helps if you have a prosperity or artisan hammer as well, but you get plenty of scrap to make timber with and level up quite quickly with the bonus of the adventuring xp and gold in the process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.