Reputations / Last Names ; Multiple Chars per account and different accounts . . . . .

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Weins201, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok I am sorry but I am really pissed about the issue going on with statements that chars on one account MUST have the same last name in order to hold some kind of accountability for reputations, and make them all show the last name to linked them on the same account.

BUT

Anyone can use that same last name on ANY account and perform actions in game (or for real) and slander that last name.

Now the issue with this is then it become a totally pointless excuse to make players responsible / accountable for their actions when ANYONE, ANYWHERE, at ANYTIME can go create chars with the same last name and do whatever they want.

If there truly is accountability for action tied to last names and account then once a Last name is Taken (I am sorry Raven) it should NOT be allowed to be used by another player.

If allowed then there is NO point in forcing players to have the same last name on one account.

Numa, FrostII, Scraps and 2 others like this.
  2. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Not promoting a type of play has value despite not being able to entirely prevent it.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Uh W H A T?????

FrostII likes this.
  4. Womby

Womby Avatar

The only entity monitoring (or caring about) your in game reputation is the game itself, and the game will never be confused by two different accounts with the same last name.

Ice Queen likes this.
  5. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

It made sense to me at one point. What I meant to say was that there is value in trying to discourage a type of play despite it not being wholly effective.
    Arguing that some people will not adhere to principle does not negate the principle.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

U well I am talking about last names sooooo????

FrostII likes this.
  7. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Does this mean we can all have the last name British? What's fair is fair.

Ice Queen and FrostII like this.
  8. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I was under the impression that last names were going to be restricted, first come first serve, once we go live. Isn't there a pledge reward to start with a last name? If I am remembering correctly, then that tells me last names will be restricted in online play. Otherwise why offer it as a reward to get it early?

Edit: Immortal Adventurer has it. So, that means it will be given out on the same schedule as lot selection. Weins, you get spun up way too easy, bro.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  9. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

I don't see where it says the last name is unique, only that you'd have the ability to display a last name immediately (instead of earning it).

I certainly hope surnames are unique to each account though, otherwise there's not much point in forcing our 3 characters to share a last name.

Galamar, Numa, Weins201 and 2 others like this.
  10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I watched Lord British explain the reasons for all chars on one account to share the same "reputation", and it made sense to me.
    Those chars all have the same "Soul"- I understand and agree.

Having said that, I also agree completely with Weins here....
    If our last name is open for anyone to use, then what is the point of reputation following all chars - who are forced to have the same last name on the account for reputation sharing - if that same last name can be used by others for nefarious or whatever reasons?
    Makes no sense to me... :confused:

Scraps likes this.
  11. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

If the main selling point on a reward that costs real money is to display a name that anyone else can get, a name that has already been explained as a way for players to recognize you and your reputation, then it's pretty poor business. I'm just reading between the very obvious lines. I suppose it would do them well to explicitly state it, for all the lawyers.

Numa likes this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry I have been told buy more than one Dev, Last Names can be shared, first names can be shared Identical names NO.

I have already created same last names on difff accounts :)

Elwyn and Scraps like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.