Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Loading stuck @99% 98% (Equipping Avatar) post /bug info

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Hornpipe, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

(Unable to bug it : I have no access to the chat window)
    Reproduction rate : not 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details : For now, my work around is to force close Shroud of the Avatar, launch it again and Start on World Map. Note that I had this bug before and after today's patch.
    Steps to Reproduce : Go into Tenebrae. Close the game. Launch it again. Get stuck while loading. Quit the game. Start it again. Start on World Map, Go into Tenebrae (nested in Aerie). You should have no problem with the loading times then.
    User Specs : In my signature below.

Lone-Wolf and Smegnite like this.
  2. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I am having the same problem, except in Brittany Estates in my house, I did get logged in earlier but was getting 3 FPS instead of the 30 I saw yesterday. I had just finished the latest update, I am stuck at 98% equipping avatar. I have a 1080ti 8 core extreme Intel processor, 64GB of ram and am running 1920 X 1200 res. I would tell you which build but right now it is hung at 98%. I will reboot and try again.

Hornpipe likes this.
  3. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I was running build 675 but rebooting, coming in from the world map seemed to correct the problem. Not sure what the problem was but mine is gone now

Hornpipe and Lexie like this.
  4. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

try changing video settings from whatever you have to another preset...

Hornpipe likes this.
  5. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

I'v had this happen to me a 3-4 times now with the new release. Atleast loading into Owl's Head once and a couple of times loading into Rift's End.

Hornpipe likes this.
  6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

One of our tech guys has been looking into this issue. If all else fails, restart your PC and go to overworld. But I strongly suspect this is unity related. While not convenient, that should do the trick. @Hornpipe

Hornpipe likes this.
  7. Hurricane

Hurricane Avatar

did not work for me.

Hornpipe likes this.
  8. Cenewulf

Cenewulf Avatar

Having the same issue zoning into Port Phoenix and on occasion just from trying to start on the world map

Edit to add that this is happening both by running the game through the steam client and with the sota standalone client

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Hornpipe likes this.
  9. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Still occurring at Owl's Head as well 5/2

Hornpipe likes this.
  10. Aeysa

Aeysa Avatar

I get to jump on this bandwagon as well. I cannot load into Verat Chaos where my home/bank are. Stops at 98% or if i manage to recall in freezes within a minute.

Nog and Hornpipe like this.
  11. Lilunai Laurasia

Lilunai Laurasia Avatar

I cant go verat chaos either Ordinis mortis :(

12. Empathia

Empathia Avatar

Same is happening to me trying to enter my home town 'Outlanders Welcome Centre' so I can't get in to access my bank or stored equipment :confused:

Hornpipe likes this.
  13. Aeysa

Aeysa Avatar

Almost fixed.. DRAT!

My husband had me rename the Portalarium folder in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow. I just added a 1 after it.. then when I reloaded the game it made a new file and I am now able to load my home town and get to my house and bank. No more freezing and locking up at 98%.

Edit: After logging out and back in to play this morning I was back at the same issue. Re-did the above and it did not work. Back to the drawing board... at least we tried. :/

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Hornpipe, Hurricane and Alley Oop like this.
  14. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Having same issue loading into Verat Chaos.
    Interestingly it only seems to occur when I load into Verat Chaos directly from launcher, or if it's the first scene I try to enter from the overland.
    If I load into the overland and then enter a different scene before teleporting to Verat Chaos, the scene loads fine.

I was able to load into Verat Chaos directly from launcher earlier today for the first time this release. All my deco failed to load and I had a horrific framerate.

Aeysa and Hornpipe like this.
  15. Kalidorn

Kalidorn Avatar

This is a horribly evil bug and has been just flat out annoying beyond measure. Overly dramatic opinion aside i tried the suggestion as well to no avail. new brit market is the town i cant get into.

16. Empathia

Empathia Avatar

Well I tried the above suggestion too which helped for just one log in - after that things got worse
    Now not only can't I enter into my own town but now can't enter Ardoris & other towns either

I also tried uninstalling & reinstalling the game client but nothing seems to work
    Meanwhile the game is virtually unplayable for me & so am missing out on Oracle visits & the gold & xp from that :(

Really hope they fix this soon o_O

17. Phoenix007

Phoenix007 Avatar

I have the same issue.
    I have normally one times the issue and after re-login that working. But today after the patch, with one account I have retry 4 times without success (also with restart computer).
    I have this issue often when I left Allaman (POT) to go in Owl's Head (but that can come also on some others map).

Note: After the 4th test, I use another account and I haven't the issue

Added: After change account, I come back to the original account and that working. I don't know if the change of account are corrected the issue or only waiting.

Added 2018-05-04
    Computer spec: (version used is Steam)
    5/4/2018 5:58 PM
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16319
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Allaman
    Area Display Name: Allaman
    Loc: (123.5, 38.0, 167.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEFsbGFtYW58KDEyMy41MzQsIDM3Ljk5NywgMTY3LjczNil8KDAsIC0wLjkyOCwgMCwgLTAuMzcyKXwxMzYuMzEyfDEwfDQuOTEwNTE3

Added 2018-05-07:
    That is hangup issue.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Hornpipe likes this.
  18. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Okay - you guys know the drill - post your /bug info please. Knowing an issue exists is only half the battle.
    Let's see those specs! Info on how to use /bug is at the very top of the page.

Hornpipe likes this.
  19. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Lexie, absolutely right to say that is the process, but you can't /bug this particular event live in game at the time it happens, at least I can't as the game sticks when trying to enter a town and even exiting the game is difficult at this point as even opening task manager is hit and miss.

I've often had to do a hard restart on my computer hardware as I can't get back to desktop. I've been trying to get into New Britannian Market for a couple of days now, I still haven't managed it.

From what I read this seems to be happening to pretty much everyone, irrespective of system specification. It reminds me of the old 'stuck at Gate' that plagued EVE Online for ages a few years back and I think was in the end due to a network code issue, nothing on the players side, and took simply ages to fix but devastated playing the game for weeks..

Anyway my system specs are:

Windows 10
    Intel Core i7-4770 CPU, 3.4GHz
    64 bit OS
    Nvidia GTX 760 Graphics card. (using the last stable drivers I believe: ver: 23.21.13.9135)
    16 gig Ram
    BT Super Fast (fibre) Broadband

ozzzmosis, Hornpipe, Lexie and 2 others like this.
  20. Skeeby

Skeeby Avatar

I am also getting this problem. Loading into world m ap doesnt work either. Seems rebooting fixes the issue for 1 session. Quitting and restarting the game reproduces the problem so everytime i quit and want to start up at a later point i have to reboot.

will try to get /bug info once i can get back into the game.

side note: sometimes if i wait long enough it does load into game, but gets .1 FPS literally.

Hornpipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.