Rewards and Bank Slots

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Shade Cido, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

This wipe, I noticed on claiming my rewards that all 320 Bank slots I have were full. This is of course due to add on & rewards that I've accumulated in the last couple of years.
    Certain decorations I've brought (eg Chess set/Wax cylinder sets) take up numerous bank slots, and what with everything else, if things stay the same, I'm going to have to do something drastic after final wipe just to have enough space in my bank to live/craft/collect etc

As Port have now decree that we have to live out of our bank box for (possibly) weeks/over a month, and that the store add on to increase bank slots is laughable (really? $5 for just 10 bank slots?!) does anyone know if they are considering anything to resolve this issue?

If it was a one off of 50 slots for $5, I'd probably just buy the add-on, but I refuse to pay $5 for just 10 slots as it just feels like a cash grab to me:(

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  2. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

After further research I just checked out the Spring Telethon and this was mentioned and was stated said the 'fix' to this issue is to buy more bank slots either with in game gold (which increases as you buy slots and may very well increase from the 100 gold for 1st ten on final wipe) or pay the extortionate $5 for 10 slots from store.
    Guess I may have made a mistake buying gear out of addon store and earning rewards then. Oops....goofed by buying things during Spring telethon too, brought furnture and took up at least another 5 slots (possibly more if pets come with house deco too) I haven't got.

Womby, Leelu, Ice Queen and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

That is a very unsatisfactory solution. I am not affected by the policy, not having so many addons, but I find it very unfair to people who are helping to fund the game. I hope the devs find another solution.

Womby and Shade Cido like this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

One thing that could be useful is to separate pledge rewards from add-ons for claiming. For instance, place the pledge rewards in the bank automatically but let you "claim" add-ons separately later on (even if all the add-on's were bundled together when you claim them, that would help prevent the banking woes that will happen during the land rush because you could still access starter gear/ deeds/ etc.. the things you will MOST need before placing a house) My personal solution is to use an alt account as my "bank". I will literally have a character that all they do is stand beside the bank in my chosen city and hold all my items on their person until I can place my house. Not everyone has the luxury of a second account, however.. so I don't think this is a good solution for everyone.

Shade Cido likes this.
  5. Womby

Womby Avatar

I have raised this issue repeatedly. They have no intention of doing anything about it. In my case I would need to buy another 100 slots to end up with zero bank slots available.

The cost to give myself 10 slots (100 slots to break even, plus another 10) would be:
    100g+
    100g+
    100g+
    200g+
    200g+
    500g+
    500g+
    600g+
    700g+
    800g+
    1,700g
    which comes to 5,500g. For 10 useable slots. Another 10 slots would be another 1,800g and the next 10 would be 2,000g

Shade Cido likes this.
  6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

If I understand it correctly, the add on store slots and the in game slots are exclusive from each other. So you could spend in game gold up to the point that it becomes more worth it (to you) to spend $5. Looking at Womby's post, it's less then 4k gold for 100 slots. You could make that in a few hours of game play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.