Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rough Patch Notes Would Help a lot

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Metlore, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

Hey @DarkStarr and @Chris,

I know you guys have a busy schedule, but would it be possible to get some kind of rough patch notes for the EarlyAccess server? We are all doing our best to submit bugs, and the client frequently patches so I know you're fixing issues as fast as you can. It would be nice if we knew roughly what each new update did so we could focus our efforts more and test things that you have fixed again. I'm not expecting well written notes like we get for the production version, but just some guidance. If this already exists, point me towards it. Just trying to do my best.

Culann, Acred, NRaas and 2 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

An old suggestion was for the standup to include some short 'and checked in xxx to QA' that way it's incorporated in the regular traffic and all QA testers would have to do is check the standups.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

When you first double click on the client for Shroud of the Avatar right under the word Avatar is a box that says >Read patch notes. If this helps you to keep up on things that is great. I didn't notice it before so while I'm doing any sort of patching I just click on it and I can read patch notes. I counted 10 builds worth of them on the patch page, not sure if the amount varies. I love reading them now. It makes me feel so enlightened when before I was like oh another patch, plus it uses up some time during patching. ;) I see it on both QA and regular Sota launcher. The only thing that may be different in what I see and what you see is if you use Steam which I don't, so oops I just thought of that. :oops: :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

I think it would help to have them right in the forum for the early access release though. The more eyes we get on it, the better.

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Carry on, nothing to see here!
    The best and easiest to access place is here, right here, on the SotA public portal. :thumbup:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=32989.

I agree. QA server needs more communication. It would help to know what to look at, though I have assumed for R34 that the most important thing was making sure that the Unity 5.4 crashes were minimized.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Psst. He is talking about the QA server, where there are no patch notes.

Which is a real problem because we are in QA to root out problems with new features. But most of the time the QA testers don't know which features have been checked in yet. Hence my suggestion above.

7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Sigh, maybe one of these days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.