Scurvy, Intoxication and Death

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Anontotaln00b, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anontotaln00b

Anontotaln00b Avatar

It's pretty interesting to see how some RPG games deal with intoxicating substances. Drinking too many beers in WoW makes you get a drunken debuff which damages your stats and makes your screen blurry, along with making the pathing hard to move. Other games like elder scrolls allow you to eat mushrooms to find out how you may react, some beneficial others harmful.

I hope to see a lot of these features in SoTA along with some other new ones, like perhaps if you don't consume vitamin C (from lemons) you eventually die of scurvy. Little things like this would add a lot to the feel and economy of the game.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the community!

That is a great suggestion. I'd like to see status effects from diseases, booze, etc.

3. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Along those lines poison (which could be added to food, drink, etc) would be pretty cool too... from a role-play perspective.

4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Poisoned weapons are always fun. Drain a little extra life over time, like in UO.

5. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

if i'm not mistaken, the toons will never be in a 'pristine' state anyway. i heard LB once say that with the nutrition system there will always be little things buffing and debuffing the character out of the 0 middle line.

kind of like too many metheglins (alcohol based) -1, or eats a balanced diet +1, you are a fighter and don't eat enough protien in yoru diet -1.., but more tailored to the situation, instead of a static +- system

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Anontotalnoob. I think you will get your wish. Richard Garriott has worked really hard on the way food will work in this game. It is still a bit of a mystery to us exactly how it be, but I'm sure he has some interestingly good plans for us in regards to this subject ;)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  7. James T. Cook

James T. Cook Avatar

Ah yes. I once knew a man who suffered from all three of these problems. He had scurvy, he was entoxicated, and he died all at the same time. Great man he was. Hell of a man indeed. Rest in peace.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.