Secret Passage Ways

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anubis, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anubis

Anubis Avatar

I don't know if this has been brought up before but, in Ultima Online (and most Ultima games before it)
    there were secret passages that players could discover by accident or by reading about them in the games lore. The yew prison passage comes to mind here. Have there been any encouragement for this in SOTA? What is the community take on this? and also by all means list your ideas please!

2. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

There were several secret passageways to be found in the last release!

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

R4 already had some examples of this in the prison.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I agree, the more secret passage ways the better, LB has secret passage ways built into his house IRL I don't see why he wouldn't have em in the game. I'd recommend Ultima VII style secret passage ways though not UO style. UO style the only sort of U7 style secret entrance was the hidden cave entrance you had to walk through the cave wall, that's the type I'd like to see but in U7 it was more inventive.

In U7 there could be tons of hidden entrances in the walls and you had to walk in pitch blackness for a distance sometimes before you found a door or room <--- That's the type of secret entrances I'd like to see.

In UO the 'team' 'staff' whoever years later actually changed that hidden mountain entrance by changing it from it's original invisible entrance to a giant huge black hole on the side of the mountain as if that decorative hole was an improvement, improvement? really? Changing one of the few Ultima-esque easter eggs in all of UO back into a boring old hole in the wall? That's the type of mentality resided with the staff at the time of UO, I'd be surprised if a single member of the staff over there ever beat let alone played for any amount of time U7.

But you bring up a good point OP, we really need to get back to the basics of what made the Ultimas the Ultimas and make our voices heard when it comes to these tiny types of details.

Yeah I saw them but I have yet to see an invisible entrance where you can walk straight through a wall or a mountain, that to me was unique as I had never seen it in a game before Ultima VII. A lever a brick lever, breaking through a wall, all very cool, but the invisible walk through method is the most Ultima-esque to me.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Richard Garriott loves surprises in his games, and has stated that there will be (& already are) secret passageways , so those of us who love that sort of thing
    should enjoy the hunt for them to our hearts content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.