Shapes/types/styles of cloaks

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by SabeSr, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I understand crafting cloaks is not in game yet... but what designs will we have.

Most cloaks are "functional" not flashy... right now all I see are flashy cloaks. (benefactor)

Cloaks are meant to wrap around you during rainstorms.

Technically the benefactor cloaks we have now are "capes".

I'd like to see several styles because they will set us all apart...

Imagine a group of warriors are all standing around in their Epic Plate Mail armor... if they are all out of the same metal ingot type then all those players will look like clones. (boring) (Unless they are a Guild and want to look alike)

hooded full length wrap around with obsidian buttons cloak, or no hood half length half wrap with copper buttons cloak or any combination of options

Coat of Arms/Guild Emblem/Crafting GM badges show-able as small on... left or right front... or large on back

pockets available during crafting in various locations (left right front back high low) or even after crafting as an add-on

dye-able even after enchanting and gemming (if possible) so if we sell it the new owner can choice their own color.

how about cloaks of holding with a pockets that can hold heavy or even large items yet be weightless

cloaks of stealth (bonus to subterfuge skills)

require higher quality cloaks with powerful enchantments only be enchanted at time of crafting cloak by a single player who is GM tailor and GM enchanter

can girls get sexy/modest ones... frills and lace

anyway that might be carrying on too long...

2. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Oh I forgot to add with pockets...

inside and out, sleeve pockets too for throwing knives (bonus to attack speed with throwing daggers) and hood pockets to hide mini potions in for quick use

I think too much

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The problem we have now is that the cloth simulation is not good, it causes crashes, and it has a lot of other bugs with the way it makes cloaks (which are really more like capes) work.

I believe the plan is to get a new cloth simulation, maybe to build their own and eventually get robes and real cloaks into the game. Then probably layer in deeper functionality to that. But yeah, I'm with you, the current cloaks leave a lot to be desired.

Albus, Time Lord, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  4. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Perfect cloak: my preference; Hooded with Star Light Trim for the Blessings of the Gods- Silver flowing ( because of various magical properties) to ground length- Mithril Lining-Deep sleeve pockets with all size pockets for various herbs and assortment of evil or good things-The Silverthorne Chain Of Maesters Order, and last but not least, size 6. Prefer Wrapped but not obligatory.:):oops:

5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

What about people who are loathed to wear cloaks?

Id love to not have to wear a cloak. Is there a way there can be more back gear? good lord wings are not the solution. Something like some rope, a non functional grappling hook, a weapon sheath that provides a bonus, something small, tight, and functional-looking. Maybe some kind of crossing leather straps for the +1 armor the cloak provides. Maybe even a small backpack or a non functional hood.

Please provide some more non descript options to gain the bonuses of back gear without having to wear a cape (or something as ridiculous as wings...).

Astor Cerberus, Albus and Time Lord like this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Will guys get sexy cloaks too? :D And I don't just mean wear the girls cloaks, but sexy cloaks designed for guys....

*ahem* *clears throat*

Seriously, rogues need real cloaks so they can look mysterious,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And rangers need cloaks so they can look woodwise,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They have actually said Cloaks like you have pictured are not even something they are considering at this time. Well they considered it and they are not something they are going to work on. They have enough troubles with the cloak you see now. Adding something like you want are so complex and intensive that it is not even feasible at this time.

Do not try and tell me how to make it work I am not the one you have to convince I am just relaying what port had said and their reasoning. And it is valid so you can just move this to swag or whatever and let it lay with the other requests.

8. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a holocaust cloak.

9. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Thats what I meant... clasps not buttons, couldn't grasp the word it was on tip of my fingers too lol

various ingot types for color variances, enchant-able/gem-able too... could put in our necklace slot instead of a necklace

Refish is that second pic you? lol

and yeah what leelu said... pockets for herbs/regeants, turn the cloak slot into a bag/inventory slot separate from our backpack/inventory

10. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

All those depicted above are striking and mysterious looking. +1

Moiseyev Trueden, Albus and Time Lord like this.
  11. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I have yet to see any cloth related crashing that I'm aware of. I've taken my only cloth item off (benefactor cloak) also checked that box they said to check didn't make a difference from what I can tell... I get crashing at the same consistency (which isn't often now) and I can crash just sitting in my house not moving at all.

Time Lord and Albus like this.
  12. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Intimidation factor, yep worth a bonus to attack initiative/speed.

13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There are certainly non-cloth related crashes.

Prior to clicking the disable cloth simulation box, I was crashing multiple times in a row. Now it's just every so often.

14. Albus

Albus Avatar

In talk of expanding cloak'ish things, I'd throw in surcoats as well... Maybe r2'ish mind you, after more cloak varieties are worked out, but could be something to plan for. Might just be built-in to specific armours though rather than a cloak slot piece to more easily avoid clipping issues, ah well...

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.