Share your specialization choices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe Zhudarak, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Hi, let's share some information regarding our specializations choices, maybe we can get good insights with this thread.

My first choice is an earth/life mage, with a chainmail chest/leggings and carapacian cloth gear. I think earth tree offer a good offensive/defensive skills options like shield of earth and stone arrow. Life magic is my second choice because it´s good for pve content and offer a lot of survivalbility.

With my other account i think i´m going to pick death/chaos, a full pvp oriented characher, trying to maximize the use of chaotic feedback with less negative effects granted by specialization.

Which one have you pick ?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Blades/death

I don’t think Chris added it to the tooltip but death spec reduces fizzle chance making it easier to use with heavier armor

Blades I’m not sold on. The bonus for thrust (anti healing) is unexciting for pve. But a wider window for coupe could be useful.

3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

As a mage, I am hoping my choice to focus on Focus Spec is a good one. I plan to do Death as well.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Focus and blades. You cannot ever have too much combat focus regen. :D

The extra focus regen was not really helping since my food does all of this already. I am not using the spell stances so I figured why not change it into something I really love... Taming :)

EDIT: Changed directions into one that I find fun. Yes, I am that guy who get's attached to his pets.

5. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I am likely wrong, or my opinion won't be shared by others, but it seems logical that if you mage, you focus spec, if you archer/rogue, you subterfuge spec, and if you melee, you tactics spec. Then each would focus on one more thing that they want to specialize in. I know many will choose two schools, and that's not to say it's wrong - I wouldn't know.

6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Sean is an archer, always has been, so archery no matter what, still contemplating the 2nd, but will definitely fit the character, not what might be the most popular/powerful per se.

7. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

8. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

At level 45 Focus Specialization, I have +0.6 combat focus per second. At level 65 I will have +0.8, so I assume at 85 I will have +1, and at 100 I should have about +1.1.

9. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Hmmm, I was just thinking, when brewing comes in can Sean specialize in a drunken archer skill? Fires 3 arrows, 2 bounce off the wall and the other goes into his foot?

10. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Right now I'm using blades and tactics. I might drop blades to try out some others, but I really like tactics, mostly because of the offhand parry bonus and crit bonus on berserker stance.

11. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

@Lazlo hmm tactis seems to be a good option for melee characters, a friend is trying to be polearm/plus fire i will suggest him to gather more info about tactics

Sara Dreygon and Lazlo like this.
  12. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

I'm using Blunt weapons and Earth (two handed plate melee). Blunt has some nice bonuses to Knockback and Crushing Blow, and the extra glyphs are welcome. For Earth I'm liking the attunement as well as the avoidance bonus to shield. I hope there are some more useful things that I didn't notice yet.

Sara Dreygon and Joe Zhudarak like this.
  13. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Taming get any love?

Corvynn and Sara Dreygon like this.
  14. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I choosed the one that got nerfed again...

15. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

3 words: Suck it tamers!

The Hendoman and Sara Dreygon like this.
  16. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Currently just have Swords. The main reason is for the extra glyph. My deck has 14 glyphs and have 12 of those be Thrust and Double Slash is pretty awesome. I am finding the extra attack from Double Slash is actually a lot better than I was expecting and makes that ability more on par with Thrust. Don't really care about the healing reduction on Thrust in 99% of situations, but I suppose it will be nice to know I can reduce healing by nearly 45 percent when combined with Rend when the situation calls for it.

As for my second spec, I am still deciding. Currently leaning towards Earth, extra carry capacity, extra avoidance on Earth Shield both seem useful in any situation. But also considering Tactics, and now Focus after reading this thread.

17. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Curious about what the crafting specialization options can be since I have a feeling there's going to be more of a combat swing to this thread.
    Also what's the max number of specializations you can have?

18. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

You can apparently only have two specializations going at one time.

There currently is no specialization for the crafting skills yet, as developers are waiting to see the impact that the recent changes to crafting will have on the economy.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've played an archer/healer character since forever, so ranged/life.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  20. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I went Tamer/Life I wasn't going to with taming but my pets talked me into it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.