So about forced private sieges...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Mar 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Weren't Sieges supposed to be available in all game modes like they were before?

The fact that they are only available in private is very negative, players cannot benefit from the already poor bonus % xp for being in multiplayer and pvp flagged.
    It also totally breaks kickstarter promises of selective multiplayer forcing players to play in private mode.

This being a mmorpg, should incentivize multiplayer and not prohibit it, encouraging grinding in private mode over playing multiplayer and interacting with others.

You should get to a point where you can also access mines in multiplayer and get a xp/loots benefit for being in multiplayer sharing the zone with others, and do not force further content in private with best rewards.

Please, stop encouraging private grinding of resources for the pleasure of some (this is even ruining the economy), make this game great for everyone and not for just a small part of the population.

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

They should not be forced anything, choice is freedom, and freedom is good.

3. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Without private or party instances, this game would be completely unplayable and the top 1% of characters would be crushing all available content before the weaker guys even got a swing in.

4. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I'm not talking about forcing multiplayer but not forcing private.

Elwyn, K1000, Dhanas and 3 others like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

From my perspective, sieges are still pointless as long as they don't matter to gameplay and are just one more scene to grind. (Whether forced private or not, and no I don't think they should be).

Bowen Bloodgood, K1000 and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Sweet irony!

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This has ot be a mistake Going to test and bug report if it forces Private

8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

You forget that you are one of the top 1 guys, just that you are one of top 1 guys on market and not in adventures - not making you one of not top 1, so you say that you crushing game? Or I need to describe how you can already crush and what hit you will get on the market with no private mode? :D
    If the game would not have the private mode, it will be just balanced very fast by market (by the real market not manipulating) and by GMs - adjust drop rate - making it many times better than now, what casuals for sure will like.
    The best thing that can be for this game is to forget about selective multiplayer promises and begin to balance drop in private mode(making it less then in MP)
    All is IMHO... as always...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Antrax Artek likes this.
  9. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Indeed, @Spinok - There is a lot in this game beyond just sieges. What I mean is, @Antrax Artek is that balancing the game is great wide dataset with many interrelated considerations. And not to get too obtuse and lamer but technically, its not an MMORPG in the classical sense. Multiplayer is a real bonus feature and its amazing its gotten all the attention it has!

You can't make a fallacy about global-game-balance due to that one thing (sieges open/private) - And who knows, sometimes its just a temporary scaffolding for a bigger update down the line.

The irony is that they were patched that way, Afaik, to actually benefit the masses and not a select group of playstyle

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They are now treated like any other overworld encounter. There are no "Open" overworld encounters.

11. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

They stated that they were reverting the change and make Sieges like they were before, no forced mode.

K1000, Dhanas, Mac2 and 2 others like this.
  12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yep, i'd go with file a bug, too.

Atos 02/27/2019
    You can now do them in group mode and get your own instance I think. Last release it was changed to be shared

Alley Oop 02/27/2019
    @Atos, there's some confusion over whether these are being changed to ALLOW private or to FORCE private

Dhanas Moonwhisper 02/27/2019
    So don't we have anymore multiplayer option?

Atos 02/27/2019
    No, you should be able to . I'll verify

Atos 02/27/2019
    grrr... they did change it to be forced party. WTF, changing that back

Dhanas, Jaesun and Lazlo like this.
  13. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I agree that multi players should get multi player siege instances for the simple reason that it is their preferred mode and there's no reason for it not to be available. That being said, there isn't much evidence that sieges are actually currently hurting the SotA economy. Good hoods are hard to find. Unenchanted Dolus hoods, which are available in both sieges and Lost Vale, sell in the neighborhood of 300k, with other decent hoods going between 80k-150k. The market is definitely not flooded with siege loots. If anything, it's the other way around, with cabalist gear being one of the few things in the game that isn't sold for 4k-10k, piled up in boxes, or turned into ancient essences. Keeping multi players in multi sieges, by itself, also doesn't really do anything to change the farming equation, even if it is an obvious improvement.

Also, while I totally agree, no one gets to talk about forced private mode being an unacceptable broken promise while simultaneously supporting forced mutli player towns, map, and/or sieges. I also want selective multi player and don't believe scenes should be forced private or multi, but if you're gonna hold that opinion, you have to be at least be a little bit consistent.

14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Exactly ^^^^^^^^^

15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well I'm mostly in agreement except that Portalarium is making the distinction between scenes being adventure scenes or not. Towns and the map are not, so there's very little gameplay benefit for anyone to not be in multi.

16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The only thing an adventure scene means is that it is intended to be a place to grind xp. That is not the primary motivator for all players. Yes, I'm glad we do not need to compete for camps like 99% of all MMOs out there, but I'd appreciate being able to walk through my hometown without staggering performance issues because somebody decided to set up a firework display in front of the bank.

At this point I'd settle for an "/antisocial" mode to hide other players from me. I could care less if they see me running around, but good lord, the lag.

17. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Maybe I'm just spoiled by my computer or don't go into large towns enough? But I can see where that could get annoying. And not to imply that I support forcing one more or another for any reason, but just saying I can see where the 'no point in not being multi' in towns etc would seem reasonable to the devs

18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Another Thread not needed to continue anymore, First it is bug reported, as it should have been, second Chris in one of his other platforms for information said it was a mistake.

Sieges should be Multiple Modes, end of story.

Antrax Artek likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.