so its been a while

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

its been a while since i last tried this game again, there have been some improvements and i actually kinda enjoyed the combat. one thing that really lacks is the atmosphere i jumped on the other night and i didn't see anyone the whole time i was playing, im not sure if ppl arent playing or whats going on but it feels empty.

2. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

You are correct currently.

As every response will be „guessing“ what the future will be for this Game based on believe -
    I recommend waiting for the „official release“ for you to able to do fact checking how many will be playing.

But if you like the Game currently how it is i am sure the current active Players will contact you and add you to friends list.

3. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Unless attending scheduled player events, I've never found the population to be anything but sparse.

4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I'm the only one who finds players everywhere? We know there are not 2000 players online but I always see people playing around, and in many differents locations.

And something to point, I'm playing from EU timezone.

Mac2, jammaplaya, Almar and 7 others like this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I see about 40 people on my friends list at day and about 20 at night. always see some people around.

6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Same here, I always see people online and around me when I'm on the overworld. EST here

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It really depends on where you are hanging around and time. Go up to the Central Brittany area and there are almost always people on the world map and people in most towns. Look for smoke coming from the chimneys in the houses of Player Owned Towns, on the world map, that means there's someone inside the town.

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Its about perspective, if you think of this game as a mmo 40 people online is the same as no one in my book. They are begining to give more people a reason to play via better performance and smarter loot and better looking combat.

The game needs more play the requires grouping and the reward associated with grouping to really grab people. I can solo just about all content I look forward to dungeons that require group play with a instant queing system based on roles you can fill.

The game really needs a warsong gulch or arathi basin type mechanic, pvp is important and we need a bridge between hc pvp and pve. Something that does not risk gear, so people will expierment with pvp with out fear. For the hc people we need factions with similar mechanics that ee had in uo, traps, guards, and a pvp style coin drop that can be used for pvp skins etc.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  9. Gilmaldarim

Gilmaldarim Avatar

Im playing :) Just started though but seems to like this game. Yes there are a few improvements to be done but it can actually turn out quite well.

10. Rada Torment

Agree. This is one of the things I'm waiting to see for the next year.

11. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

Haven’t seen many players in a while either, may run last one on the overland that’s about it.

I miss the social activity UO had with bank sitting :(

Cordelayne and craftymethod like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello everyone. Yes we don't have the huge showing of population. It doesn't mean that we're not there. Perhaps we are not on your friends list . That tells where people are.

Also perhaps a heat map type of thing if you want to know where people are hanging out.

The world is pretty broken up and people can be doing so many different things. Like tonight I was showing a new person ravensmoor in hidden Vale. Would anyone see us who's not there but we were there playing this game. It was fun but the lich killed us *sighs*. Still we had fun.

Later I came back in game and was putting my new Inn down I got at the last Telethon on a lot and tearing down deco from the old place. Who would see me there unless they came to Wizards Rest to chat with me? Anyone is welcome to do that of course.

So most importantly as constructive feedback what is it that will make the difference for what people want to see?

-We are getting a group finder system later.

-We have market places full of vendors people have created to draw people there to do shopping or window shopping.

-we have community events of all kinds.

One thing I see as a draw would be fishing events and contests. Fishing dailies as well with worthwhile rewards. All this coming from a fishing system designed and upgraded to be worthy of this game. All the types of special fish, fish recipes, ice fishing, Brook fishing, cave fish, lava fish we would wander the world for.

We just have to ask for what will make the difference and keep asking. Now is the very time to do this.

I am Majoria in game so anytime friend me. I'm happy to chat, answer questions, or show you things since I've been around a really long time;)

13. Rada Torment

I understand you. I'm not the only one who think the solo/friend mode makes the world less populated. We love the game but this is one of the things that I would remove if I could in a game with a very strong social activity. But that's only my point of view of the topic.

But in general there is always people in multiplayer :)

Disgruntled and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think the issue is more that we are all in instances (either mines , or POTS) I have a few hundred people on my list and there are on average 2 pages of people. Its not like some games where all people are in a common NPC town/city but many are in Player towns related to their guilds etc.

I do believe that when it releases population will increase a lot more. Most people are still building instances up either Devs and or POT owners. Towns are still showing growth, and player base is still increasing. I also feel that many who bought in early with expectations has caused issues with those people creating a negative vib about an unfinished game , when it is still being developed. However looking at each patch and what has been happening I see that things are forming into what will be a great release. IMO :)

Lord Ravnos and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  15. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Well it is empty. 120 average players in the last month according to steam charts. Per last telethon, it was stated 35 percent of the player base is from steam. That means that only roughly 350 are in the game on average. Also, many might be in friends only or single player. This is why you have an empty feeling.

Hopefully the expansion into Russia and the actual launch gets people joining.

16. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

according to self reporting on these forums, about half of those are alts, so there's maybe a couple hundred actual people playing. So the empty feeling is not just in people's heads, or a result of the broken up instances (though that is certainly part of it).
    I keep seeing people here talk about how they have x amount of people on their friends list...but most of them are all probably on each others friends list and that group of x amount of people is the main population of the game :p

Hopefully the population will go up, but it's hard to say until the game actually launches, and we dont know when that will be until they announce it later this year.

Mykll and Salix like this.
  17. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think these are misleading. Steam as example. I did use steam when I got the game but I now only use the SOTA client. I also know the majority of the Havoc members switched to SOTA client as well. We found it patches faster then Steam and less overhead. I can tell you there are hundreds playing every day, and every day I have new people joining my list. I spend a lot of time at various markets and there are so many new faces that I add to my friends list. Every event I attend I meet at least 5 new people. I don't disagree though that there is not vast numbers running around in comparison to other mmos. That will come in time I am sure.

If you are looking for people to play with I can recommend Havoc guild. They have a lot of active members and always people on willing to adventure :)

18. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Same here. Combat improved and visuals are much more appealing overall. Gameplay wise the game still didn't change I am afraid. Lots of people dropping in again though, but after grinding a few days and maybe doing the mediocre questline they are at the point where they left unfortunately.

Mykll, Snikorts and Cordelayne like this.
  19. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

I play in the Eastern time zone and there is almost always people on in my guild doing things. Anyone is free to add me to their friends list and give me a shout if ya see me on. I'd be happy to help newer players feel their way around or perhaps join us in a Dragon, Daemon, Troll hunt.

20. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I would not say many people have left. The numbers have been increasing steady. there are also many that did leave coming back. Most are waiting until release. Issues I see for current people that have been here for a long time is the quests are all for starter peoples and not so much for those up in the higher adventure levels. This will change over time as every patch a lot more is added. :)

21. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Depends on where you started. I am the only one left of a guild of 200+ people who backed the game that is left playing ^^ Now the guild I am in from 50 people there are 4 playing still.. on and off.

I certainly see less people playing in my timezone than a few month ago when I stopped. Since I roam every POT daily I can confirm for EU timezone most are dead, and the "crowded" ones have 5-7 people in them at tops.. I think we both can agree that the current pop is nowhere near what is needed, right? It is certainly not empty, but it is definitely not healthy in terms of being commercially successful.

Mykll, Salix and Xee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.