Solutions to Puzzles & Treasure Hunts (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Rinaldi, Sep 5, 2016.

1. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

So. I went and grabbed two crystals, placed them and then went back to one of the location, set a timer and waited 10 minutes (and as I type this I am still waiting and timer is still counting) and nothing has respawned ao I don't what I am doing wrong vs what you did. One thing I notice is that looking in my inventory, they first two crystals are still showing but they are red and I can't do anything with them and when I look into the first two placement locations, the crystals are there and those power positions rotate like they are suppose to so I am clueless what to do at this point. I hate this puzzle..... @Elgarion maybe you can look into this puzzle and see if its broken???? maybe????

2. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

I think the devs fixed this approach because its not possible now..

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If items show up as red in your inventory, that means a de sync happened between the client and server. You then need to log out and log back in.

4. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

So. this is happening literally every single time but ONLY in this buff puzzle and ONLY to those 2 crystals. when I place said crytals, they turn red in my inventory literally EVERY single time and then no new ones spawn and I can't do anything else. Because this is so very specific to the puzzle and scene, I am very much leaning to a bug or something with this specifically @Elgarion I don't suppose you could be a life saver and look into this for me????? please???? as a one time fire/moon and now currently fire/sun specced mage, this buffs is very important to me and it would be great if I could actually GET it.. :) thanks...

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did you make a bug report?

Anpu likes this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Yes, please put on the bug forums so the right people see it. Much appreciated :)

Anpu likes this.
  7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Avatar

Zone: Bunker C (nested inside Northwest Blackblade Mountains)
    Spoilers: Coded Notes & Opening the door with the wheel combination

First, go to the Far Hinterlands. Just inside the South exit, there a doe that you can speak to. The doe gives you a quest and tells you the combination of the door (which is NTS)

[​IMG]

Go the Northwest Blackblade Mountains (see map below) and enter the underground caves (entrance is at the red dot).
    [​IMG]

After you enter the caves, follow the railroad tracks down two levels (go right and down, then left, then right and down), and the entrance to Bunker C will be on the right side of the room.
    In Bunker C, the first door that you encounter is the wheel-combination door shown below. The orange, grey, and brown arrowheads in the 12 0'clock position above the wheels (in the blue circle below) indicate that the correct combination must be in line with these arrows.
    [​IMG]

The combination to this door is NTS in the English alphabet, but the characters on the wheels are in runic. So, use a cipher (such as this one) to translate the English characters to runic.
    [​IMG]
    Set the combination (by clicking on each wheel: brown, grey, & yellow) to get the runic combination shown below, and then the door will roll open. [note: you have to be very close to the wheels to be able to turn them].
    [​IMG]

Bunker C contains some coded notes. For more details on these coded notes see this post (includes info on notes found in Bunker C and other zones, and how to translate them).

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    Rentier, Elgarion and Anpu like this.