SOTA Characters...Please don't stick a fork in it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by majoria70, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Adrina, thank you for your frank opinion, and I do hear you. Kickstarters and early viewing of games are not for just anyone.

I do have to say true SOTA fans do not give up or throw in the towel and say this game is not going to be graphically beautiful. We discuss it to death until the developers get a hint lol

If you stick around I expect you to be blown away by what these talented developers and this community will be able to accomplish.

Why people want to go off on a downer rant is beyond me. I don't want or feel the need to try to convince you, I would like you to play with us.
    Sometimes we get so serious and see failure where there is none, so hang in there. It is nice to meet you.

Remember also one thing missing with what you said is .....we have all played those supposedly upcoming fabulous new games,
    what like for 3 months,...... hmmm or was it 6 months,...... then off to another game, as will be the fate of most of the
    new upcoming games, until game developers get a clue and give us what we want in a game.

That is why we are here and that is what we are going to get with SOTA. It will not be your average game. I can't wait.

Now back to our discussion on the future awesome SOTA characters...................

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

This photo is way out of date, using the old lighting.

abovenyquist and Time Lord like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Pretty face, but her stomach is a little too low

Time Lord and kabalyero like this.
  4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

the great thing about second life is, it's a total sandbox... you can customize every aspect of your avatar... it's not also a good thing because there are tons of freakishly deformed avatars in second life as well but, at least, residents or players are able to express themselves freely....

Time Lord and tradyblix like this.
  5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

second life offers many weird things:p

kabalyero and Time Lord like this.
  6. Eli Fox

Eli Fox Avatar

I was just fun'in around. Roast of the "token" Avatar.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Aduna

Aduna Avatar

I want you to be right, very badly. *crosses fingers*

majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  8. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Avatar

I really really want "Dye Tubs" or something similar.

Lord Baldrith, NRaas, Kaisa and 3 others like this.
  9. Achillaeus

Achillaeus Avatar

I haven't logged in since release 3 for this very reason. I realize my 500.00 is just a pledge but with the look and awkward feeling of the characters in the current state I have no interest in checking out any releases until this is addressed. Here is the thing it is what it is, but often times in the dev world great concepts are over looked because the look really bad. I felt like I was playing Mr Potatoehead with the Character creation process, and in short nothing feels natural. Hair and mustaches feel tacked on and the general physics of the characters are strange and awkward.

It is really surprising this is even being discussed in 2014. Guys take a lesson from the Star Citizen team , have you seen what they are doing with character models? You already have the weapon cross over , why not go to the well on character creation.

I support the dream, the idea , the concept and from some one that has been an Ultima fan since II my feelings about this game at the moment...are meh.

It makes me sad.

KC

Yes I have read the release 5 follow up and I hope...well that's all I can say....I hope.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. herradam

herradam Avatar

I'm sorry, but what exactly do you mean by "token" ?

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Eli Fox

Eli Fox Avatar

The only black character that I have seen.

It looks like she was thrown together without regard to what a black person looks like or what truly makes black people beautiful. A color generator not a race generator.

I got the name "token" from the little black kid from South Park-- Token. A joke by its creators about the entertainment industries shallow attempts at Multiculturalism.

Time Lord, Lord Baldrith and NRaas like this.
  12. herradam

herradam Avatar

Thanks. This is a big, and largely unnoticed, issue with character creation.

13. Eli Fox

Eli Fox Avatar

No problem! I want to see ALL kinds of RACES. Not just Germans with a bad SPRAY TAN!!!

Look at her EYES and LIPS-- it's an IMPOSTOR I tell ya!!! POSER alert!!!

14. herradam

herradam Avatar

Gaming in general is extremely euro-centric. I can't tell you how often I've heard my gf's rants on it lol

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Well Star Citizen does have 40 million to work with so I would not expect the same level of character creation here most likely. However I do agree with you characters and character creation does need some serious work. They have said they will work on this and I have noticed a lot of work on what appears to be aspect of the models *like hair and skin* in the standup corners. Nothing really on character creation but that I am guessing won't come until they have made the current models look decent. I would check back this next release it is a polish release and I get the feeling somethings may look much nicer. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Athelstan

Athelstan Avatar

Just wanted to point this out (forgive me if it has already been mentioned, I just scanned the posts so far)... from the updated R6 post:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...elease-5-impressions-release-6-revised.10408/

notice this:

I wouldn't worry too much... I think the chars should look pretty snazzy once U5 is in use ;)

Time Lord, abovenyquist and majoria70 like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I do know what you mean and you are so not alone, but I do believe we have been heard, so no worries. That is exactly why I posted this thread, so much about this game speaks to so many people, but no way can Portalarium neglect the characters.

So I wrote this post to project a sense of urgency to the developers, and to all of us. I do not think for one second this will take away from anything in the game. If we want a game at all or any hope of success for the game this part is as key as the rest. I know this game is going to go forward and will be so wonderful. Thank you for posting, they will hear you and us.,,,,,,,,,,*cheers*;)

18. Frost

Frost Avatar

How real is too real? ;)
    X

Time Lord, Eli Fox, Margard and 3 others like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh that was wonderful. A really cool interpretation, so perfect for this discussion. Where is it from? I just wanted to know the end of the story.:cool:

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thank you for the link and yes I have seen it. That is where I knew in my heart of hearts they were going to hear and create characters that are deserving of this wonderful game. It is so terrific isn't it.;)

Time Lord, Frost and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.