SotA Release Schedule Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ice Queen, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Releaseeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Acred

Acred Avatar

Excited about getting the dates for Final Wipe and Lot Selections. I have pen and 2016 agenda next to the computer ready to scribble them in.

3. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I really wish they'd give us something more definitive. The term "Final Wipe" just seems to be all over the board.
    While I appreciate the intent in making a Special Announcement" I have to admit I am somewhat skeptical. Targets/goals are a necessary thing; that said, one can sometimes look at the stated targets and get a feel for how in tune with realities we are.
    When you run an all day Advert with milestone rewards and then have to extend in order to hit the midway mark I would submit it speaks to the current mindset of the $ spending community at large.
    One need only look to the few comments in response to a very nive offer for store credits at 75% of the price to figure out that a saturation point is upon us if not already here.

My fear (and I hope it's unfounded) is that IF we see a launch.. which is what you have following a FINAL wipe... anywhere near the middle of 2016 that hindsight will later indicate that said decision to launch will rate right along with the premature decision to put this on Steam.

As they say... time will tell

4. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I have mixed feelings at the moment o_O.
    On one hand I feel there is still very much that is needed development wise before a final wipe, lot selection and release could happen (at this point in time I didn't see any of that happening this year).
    On the other hand I welcome it.

I hope they know what they are doing.

And regarding final lot selection, I really really hope there will be sufficient amounts of well made npc settlements like at least Solania and Owls Head so I can place my keep lot in such a place.
    If not, I will be more than a little disappointed as that was a big part of me pledging high relatively early.

I wonder if the devs shouldn't make a poll to respective pledge tier, asking the backers in what type of place they envision themselves placing their pledged house - just so they get a somewhat feel for what the backers plan.

Then again this game is so much more that housing of course..

5. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I just hope that the release date won't be rushed to the point that the game is still incomplete in certain areas. Personally, early 2017 would be a comfortable release date.
    Too early may have a negative impact on the game, especially in terms of reviews by both new players and any gaming magazines, etc.

Edit: I hope that the wipe will be very, very close to the official release date.

6. Logain

Logain Avatar

Now I'm curious. Has anybody counted the amount of lots yet?

Solazur and Ice Queen like this.
  7. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Never super excited when the bighuge announcement a company makes is that there WILL BE a bighuge announcement.

8. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I'm very happy to see them responding and acknowledging this stuff. Looking forward to when we start getting permanent :D

4EverLost, Ice Queen and Tahru like this.
  9. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Like the new avatar :)

Leelu and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

With the amount of NPC cities we have in game/the ones they have left to add, and how few lots that are in them, it isn't possible that they can hold thousands of us (especially with having some pledges with multiple deeds). Those of us with larger lots, if we aren't lucky enough to get into one of the Npc cities, we're likely looking at PRT's such as the Holtrot settlements to place.

They haven't added all of the cities and PRT's yet to house us all yet. I'm guessing these will be added more and more as we move toward release and they get closer to a final count of how many they will need, and how many additional on top of those they will be adding.

11. agra

agra Avatar

And on this issue alone, I'm going to put my stick in the sand and say this, so I can quote myself later: :eek:
    The inability for pledgers to claim lots in NPC cities will become a public relations nightmare for Portalarium. It will lead to law suits, and nothing but negative perception of the game and development team.
    Why?
    Because PoT owners can evict anyone at any time. As long as that feature remains, PoT's do not qualify as being part of a pledge reward mechanic. If PRT's have the same feature, same goes for them.

Solazur, Alexander and Ice Queen like this.
  12. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

There will be enough lots in PRT/cities for every pledge lot and add on lots in the game from what we've been told. No one has to go into a player owned town if they don't want to. A player run town is a town such as Holtrot, Port Mirren, etc. No one can evict you from a player run town(PRT) or Npc city.

13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

They said there were only 30 more NPC cities needed to complete the story for EP1.

14. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

No worries. That will never happen, so you won't have to dig this up to quote it. PRTs will be mass produced if the handcrafted cities and towns get full.

Womby and Ice Queen like this.
  15. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

He said named scenes with maybe 20 of them being NPC town/cities/villages. Those other 10 are probably adventuring scenes/dungeons. He didn't mention the number PRT's that would be added to the game, but he did say there would be enough lots in game and they won't be in PoT's. So those that can't get a place in a city/town/village will have to pick a PRT from the info we have atm. At 49 mins into Part 1 of the telethon, and 4 hour 56 min mark Part 2 he discusses it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  16. agra

agra Avatar

Well that's something at least. :D

Ice Queen likes this.
  17. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

:)

Leelu and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  18. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

And the huge announcement is that... There will be another huge announcement?

Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this.

I only hope that post-"final wipe", mechanics won't change SO much (*) so that my initial choices won't become tragically bad choices when they'll "fix" something down the road, and there won't be any wipe to correct those deceived choices.

We can't but wait. And hope.

19. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

+2

sometimes a little humor helps.. thanks for that :)

tekkamansoul, 4EverLost and Ice Queen like this.
  20. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Therein lies another concern; how unique can it be if all we have is "tract" towns?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.