Sota Wiki - Some of my first ever videos which are relevant still today

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Lace, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

As you make videos, you find that some of your older ones are looked at repeatedly giving you a clue that its a topic folks are interested in, and with changing dynamics in a game it is good to re-visit them and perhaps re-emphasize. This also has the effect however of folks finding your older videos to be out of date or can lead to folks feeling only the most current videos you do are relevant.

This means I need to spend time to mark as outdated some of my older videos and I will do that. In thinking about this process I also came to realize that some of my first videos ever (this is in relation to me never doing a youtube video till early 2016),had some great information that is still relevant, but because of the publication date folks my toss to the curb.

While a small majority of the data in these videos in now inconsequential or irrelevant, the message is still on target, and rather than re-shoot the video, I want to try to lead a charge as we grow closer to official launch to get the wiki updated and promote the tools the the community at large already has for accomplishing this.

With that said here are 4 nearly 1.5 year old videos that hold up in relation to SotaWiki.net and the power of it and how you can help make launch more successful.

As always thanks @Browncoat Jayson for your tireless efforts and all the wiki staff. These are a bit long but cover a wide variety of info related to YOUR support of the wiki, number 2 is a bit meh when looking back at it 1.5 years later but does have it strongpoints. I had wanted to do a series of these for the contest, but honestly 2 minute videos just would not have worked, so trying to re-emphasize this information.

Note Prism is designated as LGBT friendly not LGBT only meaning all are welcome. As society changes, sometimes you have to re-edit yourself to keep your tone or the society labels relevant, LGBT friendly means all but if you just say lgbt the trolls run wild. With that said Prism is all inclusive and is currently comprised of about at 50/50 mix from this broad category as mentioned in the video. Sucks I have to justify this, but seen the trolls react.

(Note I still need to freaking update my personal POT and Guild data before launch ---- yall should too)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Thanks for the videos, @Lace! These are great for players who are interested in what it takes to update wiki pages.

Solazur and Lace like this.
  3. Lace

Lace Avatar

I also feel they are great for new players looking for a one stop shop of knowledge rather than all the .coms that pop up from a games' popularity. No offense to those trying to make a buck, but most of them just regurgitate information that a community has created and report on a single theme for fame or dollars. While I support these efforts if their own knowledge gathering has been self achieved, I feel wiki's with no self serving purpose and done by a large section of the community hold more value than those looking to make a buck off a game.

(I am putting on a helmet for the stoning that will ensue)

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  4. Lace

Lace Avatar

So today when I was working to try to make my POT page on sotawiki.net more relevant than what I had laid out over a year ago I realized that the video I had done which encompassed uploading pictures (#3) did not work when I tried to follow my own instructions. With a quick PM to @Browncoat Jayson I got an answer and am including an updated video along with a song contest just for fun with it. (no expiration on the contest)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.