sotagraphs.com - graphs for the API data

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by that_shawn_guy, Jun 2, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Announcing sotagraphs.com

[​IMG]

SotAGraphs is dedicated to making the API data more accessible and visual.

The is data collected directly from the official API and massaged to make it little easier to graph.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While I'm still streaming-lining the data collection and processing flow, there will be inaccuracies and delays for the latest data. So, mileage WILL vary. :)

I will also be adding more graphs and dashboards as I have time. All suggestions welcome!

For the more technical crowd, I'm also making my archives of the raw data I collected from the API at http://archive.sotagraphs.com/

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

What are you using to determine new player creation?

An interesting thing for me to watch is the looting and destruction via crafting of all the raw materials.

Sara Dreygon and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  3. that_shawn_guy

i'm using the "ItemGained_CreateCharacter" event and the "Ingredients/Tools/ItemTool_Harvesting_Pickaxe01" item. presumably, this happens when the initial pickaxe is dropped in the character's inventory as they are created.

try https://sotagraphs.com/d/EgTXn0MWz/crafting and let me know if that is what you are looking for.

4. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Good stuff Shawn Dawg!

Sara Dreygon and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ah I see where to select, thank you.

And this is fantastic, thanks a second time.

Since you asked for suggestions, :D

Can you make it so we can save a dashboard as a jpg? Attempting to do that I see we can share the dashboards but the forums here like images.

Trying that out, Delete Snapshot throws an error.

PvP Leader Board with the horizontal dotted representation. Very nice, easy to understand. Except what do the green yellow blue color columns represent?

Bar charts with more than 2 or 3 items aren't very useful. They are useful when constrained to one value, and if we could put two or three up against each other it would be. But when there are ten or more the only useful one is the biggest.

I realize we can multi-select (that's not apparent btw, I got there through experimentation) but your initial graphs should default to something useful for the input range you have chosen.

Crafting Items Destroyed, for instance, would be much more useful as a line graph.

And even then, I would suggest if it's a crowded line graph that you should start with larger graphs, vertically, so the lines don't all blend together.

Crafting items (and probably lots of things even PvP) could use a search filter in the selection window.

Tooltips go off the top of the window if there are too many (Chrome).

I can't find a way to go back to "All" without selecting them all one by one (all the materials in crafting items destroyed, for instance) or reloading the page.

Ok, that's it for tonight. I have to tell you I'm very very excited about this. Great job, I hope the above is useful and kind.

Edit: Oh, pie charts with too many items are not useful either.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Hey if you want to blow everyone's mind later, the chart things like XP per scene would be fantastic as a 3D bar graph over a map of Novia, if it would fit on the screen.

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This is excellent! Great work!

And thank you so much for making your archives available. It can be challenging to get access to what we need, with such a small query available and so much data in the game to look at!

I'd love to see a Monster Kills chart for PvE, especially if we can filter it to specific scenes. Something similar for the Loot graph, allowing it to filter by scene, would give us a good idea of where to hunt. Together, while not directly comparable, would also give us an idea of who drops what types of things.

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. that_shawn_guy

Threshold. Currently set to green <=20, yellow <=50, orange <= 100, red >= 150

PvE and Loot dashboards have been added. You can select monster by scene or scene by monster. The loot one works the same way. Hint: put "lootbundles" in the "Loot Item" dropdown box it look for the good stuff.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Nice! Thank you.

10. that_shawn_guy

There is now a "named players per-day" graph. This should give some impression of the active player base. It does not include players that have disabled their name in the API or players that did not kill a monster during that day.

I'm having to reload all the data to make this metic a little easier to track. so it may be a day or so before all the data is available.

11. oplek

oplek Avatar

Damn, Anonymous is unstoppable.

Jaesun likes this.
  12. that_shawn_guy

While digging though the data, i've recently found a disturbing metric. I'm not exactly sure what to do about it.

[​IMG]

13. that_shawn_guy

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Love this site and the information! I did come across something that seems extremely... wacky? I wanted to check here first (or maybe I just don't understand something). If you look at the drops of Arctic Wolf Heads, there is this strange number of 20 that get's repeated every few days:

[​IMG]

Is the API actually stating that 20 arctic wolf heads are dropping from these various locations on these dates?? That seems highly unlikely, due to the extremely rare rate of these dropping. Was wondering if possibly your site might be interpreting this incorrectly, or if that actually IS what the API is reporting.

Thanks!

Sulaene Moon and that_shawn_guy like this.
  15. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Maybe it's the same issue that Shawn found with the rabbit suicide deaths. One death every few days. LOL

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  16. that_shawn_guy

GOOD CATCH!

I had the configuration for those graphs adding up the gold value instead of the quantity of the items. I've corrected it and should be correct. At least that is a possibility. :)

Thank you

Zexarium and Jaesun like this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok thanks! I’ll keep an eye on these and see how it is reporting.

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Could you check that the data for the Wyvern heads is correct? I do know girlsname found one, but the site is not showing any dropping at all. That could also be true, but just wanted to check here first.

Thanks!

19. that_shawn_guy

I'm not seeing many over the last week. Still processing the 30th though.

Do you know what color it was or when it might have dropped?

20. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

+-200 online players?? That is not much..
    But my guess is that we also have tons of players with their API stats disabled right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.