Special Fishing Container with Bait Hotbar

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Caveloot.com Owner, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

Tackle box Carry item, Fishing vest with Pockets Back Item, Etc

Works just like any other inventory container, except when opened, it has a hot bar across the bottom for all the bait types, with only the types active that you have in that container.

2. stile

stile Avatar

P.S. - Should have the same thing for seeds and Agriculture glyphs, for the different seed types.

I dont really garden myself, but i have a couple of vintage garden trays out in my garage that I can use for just that purpose in real life.

Montaigne and Alioth like this.
  3. Bigg

Bigg Avatar

Baits are definitely screwing up the utility bar set up ;p would be great if we could get at least 1 sidebar for non skill related things like baits, music sheets, planting, potion or emotes to be placed in.

Montaigne and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  4. stile

stile Avatar

Weve been asking for for years, so either its on the future agenda or they don't want to do. I was thinking a hotbar attached to a specific container type, might be a temporary solution for whoever it is we can't get more hot bar options. If they wanted they could make it so those container types, like fishing,, would automatically close when you go into combat so the specific bar goes away.

Ultimately though, Id much prefer to see glyphs floatable on screen, so long as they arent a combat concern.

If I could really wish and have everything, i want multiple monitor support that allows you to frag ui OFF of the game screen and onto other screens, as active UI. So I can put things that clutter up my game screeen on another monitor. I think this would be very innovative and much appreciated for that reason, even though not everyone would be able to take advantage of it. But ive been a broken record on that for like 5 years now so....

I always think of music files though when I think of the UI. We borrowed that from LOTRO, and I really wish the dev's would seriously considering borrowing from the LOTRO UI also, in the sense.. make it so the community, can make their own versions of the UI, so long as they meet certain restrictions. Then much like we now have a great music system in the game created by the community, we would have a great UI in the game created by the community, with themes so each person could customize their own to a certain extent within the limitations created.

We have a GREAT UI, in some ways.. in some ways, its one of the best. Unfortunately in other ways its so bad, it takes away from what is good, IMO.

Bigg and Montaigne like this.
  5. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I was thinking today that it would be neat to be able to set up a deck for fishing and when I switched to it my non combat utility bar would change to my baits and fishing related stuff.

That would work for agriculture as well. A farming deck so to speak.

Being able to lock a bag into my inventory we can do but to be able to lock items into that locked bag would be great for baits, seeds, clothes, reagents etc especially if new items entering the inventory would auto stack into those appropriate stacks in those bags.

2Reckless, Sir Stile Teckel and Bigg like this.
  6. stile

stile Avatar

+1 on all counts.

2Reckless likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love these ideas. I can see fishing vests instead of back packs or back packs shaped like fishing packs. Also I have often thought of us having chests that can be re-shaped or re-skinned like a dye-tub. ;). Now that we can dye furniture I want dye tubs to drag the dyes from the chest to the furniture piece in my inventory. That would be so great looking. And of course sellable little dyable bags of items that you can view before buying except for grab bags you can craft too for surprises ;).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

That's a scary fish ;)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.