Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

**SPOILERS**The Path of Courage**SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Alcedes, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

**SPOILERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS**
    **SPOILERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS**

Get Gawain's testimony, easily done. no issues.
    Give Gawain's testimony to Brigid also easily done. no issues.
    Get Brigid's testimony easy, no issues.
    Go to Valhold
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Now for the rough parts....

Getting inside the palace is a frustrating activity. The guards simply do not want to comply!

Turn in to Grannus..this was ok..but it ends rather abruptly and feels kinda unfinished.

Follow Mara, okay for me. i appreciate that she jogs now.

Get more story/quest from Mara...This was a pain in the butt! She constantly wants to return to the king while you are still trying to read or think. She needs to keep her butt still until we close the chat tab with her.

Essen did not want to talk to me at all last night. But tonight he did give me his piece of the puzzle.

Lord Demig, much like Mara need to stop walking while you are talking to him! It made giving him the baton truly challenging.

(on a side not, Demig's defeat and demise kind of makes the entire "Warrant" quest for Mara seem really pointless. perhaps this is a bug though that caused that.)

So then I get to Korabar...

Honestly, this is a good concept but very poor execution. this felt very sloppy. the trial by combat should have been done better...perhaps even been more ceremoniously as would be expected from a trial by combat.

After this combat is over, speaking to Korabar eventually saw me teleported right back to Valhold Palace.

Here I was confronted by Mara and Essen but I was unable to interact with them. This felt very clumpy and just broken

2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I agree with Alcedes. I was never able to get the Valhold guards to admit me properly to the palace, so I party "followed the leader" inside. After I delivered the warrant, I could not figure out for the life of me what to do next. As is, this questline is very confusing and frustrating. Folks would not stand still and yes, it felt sloppy. I would not say it's done, lol. I will try again next release!

Cordelayne and kbruder like this.
  3. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I had the same issues. Mara walks at a speed which is faster than the avatar walk speed and much slower than my avatars run speed. Also (I get and like that this is part of the quest) she leaves exceedingly quickly; faster than i can navigate the chat window. (a whole other issue, we get all of the text at once, so it is required to scroll up the chat window to start at the beginning. again, other issue, another post)

The hard part about the guards is that we dont know if its bugged or incomplete or whatnot, so its hard to justify more than a few attempts at guessing the key words. It seems like its bugged, because they seem to want to let me in the palace but the door returns a system message telling me to talk to the guards first.

I like the story and the city of skrekk, can't wait to play it once the first episode is released.

By Tor [MGT] likes this.
  4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Demig's defeat is intentional and scripted. Korabar's reaction after the fight should have made that obvious.

There is no interaction intended between the player and Mara/Essen - Ferig should appear and kill Mara (though that part isn't working yet) and then Grannus appears and finishes the storyline.

Daxxe Diggler and margaritte like this.
  5. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is all very first pass/bleeding alpha, we're very painfully aware of this. We're going to loop around and fix this after we polish up the Path of Love areas - thanks to your feedback we're going to stop with the new content for a bit and fix what we've already put in as far as quest/storyline.

Acred, Selat, Raven Swiftbow and 3 others like this.
  6. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

oh, i totally understand that this is totally new. not complaining at all. just reporting the bugs so that i am certain ur team has been alerted. no doubts this will get better with each update/patch going forward. but only if we let y'all kno what is broken.

also, ya, i knew that demigs defeat was scripted and definitely part of the story. i was only pointing out that the way it goes down is just kind of lame. i mean no offense. but as an "observer" to the entire thing, it felt rather dull and unexciting. was simply asking for it to be made more entertaining and maybe more in-depth.
    for example, maybe we could all head into an antechamber that serves as an arena of sorts. the combatants stand opposite one another and the player, as the witness. has a special seat beside Korabar. The battle begins when the player says a key phrase in /l ...

just sayin, it could have been better.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    margaritte likes this.
  7. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

The guards don't seem to respond to any quest related keywords, but you can click or type the word, "Hail" and they will allow you to enter the Valhold Palace so you can continue the quest and find Grannus. Mara and Ennes inside.

8. Leafar Penfranc

Leafar Penfranc Avatar

I think "hail" dont work anymore. I `ve lost a lot of time speakign with both guards but anyone let me in. There is any other word?

By Tor [MGT] likes this.
  9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Can't get in to see grannus no matter what i say to the guards. Hail doesn't work. Painfully frustrating.

10. May Day

May Day Avatar

I'm also stuck at the doors, I can confirm that Hail doesn't do the trick anymore.

By Tor likes this.
  11. tallbib

tallbib Avatar

"Hail" does not work. Confirmed.

By Tor likes this.
  12. kullenwulf

kullenwulf Avatar

Yup, the guards be brokededed.

By Tor likes this.
  13. Lexxxich

Lexxxich Avatar

Maybe anybody knows a way to get into the palace? Or it is just a bug?

14. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Think it's a bug. they're supposed to work on the path of courage next release. .so hopefully it'll be fixed.

15. Lexxxich

Lexxxich Avatar

Thank you. I`ve just decided to complete the Path of Courage)) And another obstacle! Okay. I hope other key quests will be more stable.

By Tor likes this.
  16. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

This quest still very hard to get responses from the npc, the lord chamberlain just refuses to speak to me and the guards wouldnt let me in the keep for a week then let me in for no reason.

By Tor and Alexander like this.
  17. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Same here. I finally got into the keep and talked to Grannus..completed that part of the quest... but now I can't interact with the chamberlain whatsoever. So, still bugged.

Themo Lock likes this.
  18. tauil

tauil Avatar

Hail worked for me!

19. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Actual "Hail" does not work ... Any idea about ?

20. Doubter

Doubter Avatar

So what can i say to the kobold king? he doesn't seem to respond to anything.

Gr
    Doubter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.