1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Spring 2017 Crafter's Competition - Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

[​IMG]

This thread is for submissions and direct responses to submissions to the Crafter's Competition Contest ONLY. Please post questions in the Announcement Thread.

No go melt some iron or chop down some wood and see what happens!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    majoria70, Minerva, kaeshiva and 2 others like this.
  2. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have no clue if these actually conform to the rules and guidelines of the contest....

Anyway, I'm Scoffer Kada, Blacksmith. So far I have my masterworkings of Plate, shield and chain are up to GM with the weapons being next on the list. Here is my current gear I use for general fighting in which is usually kobolds, earth elementals and anything else found in a mine.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Cage Storm, Bum, Minerva and 20 others like this.
  3. Berek

Love it! I think everything is in order here, and an excellent example of how to submit your crafted items. Only thing I would suggest is to just take the full 1920x1080 for the action scenes. We can clip them later if needed. These are fine though for your submission.

Great work Scoffer Kada!

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Ok, I'll play too --

About Me
    I'm Shimizu Kitoku. I'm mostly an enchantress, but seems I've levelled every other tradeskill (those not covered by my husband^ Scoffer) in order to have things to enchant. My role in the guild is "Demolitions Department" and more than once the Alchemy Table has had to be fished out of the canal. If you ever visit Serenite, you will see that this table is surrounded by various offerings and gifts and is something of a shrine. The armor I've chosen to present here is my versatility set. I split my time between melee and magery, and the armor offers a good mix of stat bonuses, selecting cloth for high focus and spellcrit and piling on stats as evenly as possible. Pictured here with the Big Hammer, but also quite possible to swap in a wand/shield or dualwand (and switch out some jewelry) for use in different scenarios. Most of my adventuring is actually done in the mine, as the actionshots reflect:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Both actually, because you have to have it expanded or you have no idea what went into it, but for stats its more readable not expanded.

Soleidad and Leelu like this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Where is the alchemy table, DAM YOU SHIM LOL.

7. Berek

Sure, that works too. As long as we see the stats of the items.

Soleidad likes this.
  8. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Hiyas all,

I've been in the mines and working towards putting together a decent gear set to keep me alive in the process. I've worked out of Resolute for the majority of my time and now have a loaned home & small blacksmith shop in New Brittanian Market. Every piece of ore has been mined by me & carefully crafted, enchanted & masterworked by myself towards maintaining my survival and increasing my skills. I'm particularly happy with the Strength stats on my chest (11.4) and legs (8.2) while sad that I've lost weeks of mining and hours of smelting trying for those stats on a HQ +1 item. I'll be the little guy among the giants but thank you for your consideration. I'm new to posting pictures and I apologize for the amateur presentation and poor layout. My compliments to the previous posters for the excellent work on their items and impressive item levels.

Sincere Regards,
    Cemeterien Arcade
    Havoc Guild
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

Hello Avatars.

Shortly something to my person.

Im Boedy Arc, someone will know me. I play SotA since 6 weeks before Final Wipe and i realy love it.

Since this time i know what i will do...

Be a Fair and a good crafter on Armory and Enchanter.

I dont know how much hours im only minning for my profession but be sure i love it too.

I work on next GM but think i cant get them before competition is over so start fastly a good setup.

Used a Wayland Loop Artefact for Masterwork Profession.

And here it comes.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So thats it...i hope i had understand all rules right...and my english is not sooo bad

Have Fun on weekend and Cya around...

Boedy Arc

10. Illiott

Illiott Avatar

My name is Illiott and I have been crafting in the town of Bladewyke for the Night Walker's Guild. I currently have 10x GM in crafting skills with the 11th (Weapon Enchanting...currently at 98) on the way.

My goal was to get the highest intelligence and Damage avoidance on some gear for a Death Mage . The wands are made with the Death Ray Damage and Death Attunement and intelligence where we could get it.

We here at Night Walkers know slaying the dragon takes the finest gear, and that is why we use only the best!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Look upon my gear and despair!

Some of the most powerful gear in all the land, gear to make one god-like and smite proof. Observe this armor's awesome powers of protection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note how this bow will rain death on all foes:

[​IMG]

And let us not forget to accessorize:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the gods themselves can only dream of such finery.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  12. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Greetings all;

Though I do not have the Grand Mastery of my esteemed fellow competitors, I do have some skill in the art of leatherworking. I am submitting my current gear, tried and tested, for your consideration. As you can see, I have no skill with enchanting, so asked a companion to enchant my armor with materials I supplied. The helm is the start of a set that I hope to one day complete.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  13. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

In the interest of "bait and switch" I have updated my entry.

Vox Aquila likes this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Hello everyone, I am Mac. I like to grind, craft and help people. This is the armor I made for this competition. [​IMG]
    This is the picture of me playing my harp in the gear.
    [​IMG]
    And this is my action shot.
    [​IMG]

15. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

I am Viviane Loch, leader and primary crafter for Clan of the Wolf. I made this set for my pack's primary melee fighter. I tried to focus on reducing the damage he will take and increasing the damage he puts out. While plate may be beefier, he prefers the chain to lessen the fizzle on the spells he uses to buff. I am very pleased with how it turned out and could not have done it without the support of my pack (and some special friends).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

The town owner of Ordinis Mortis spends much of his time killing obsidian bears. As a community we decided to work together to go to Hilt to make him a set of gear. So this is a Group entry. We did not change out his weapon because he prefers a two handed sword and as of yet that is not available in obsidian. Night Fury tends to like to either solo the bears or be a group tank. We made multiple pieces but left the Hilt with 4 exceptional sets. After masterworking and enchanting that was down to one. Night Fury prefers to keep some of his durability so the armor will last longer for that reason we opted to do only 2 of each. I could have hit these again, but it was by choice to keep the durability higher. He will change out his jewelry depending on the situation but I included his base set. He proudly wears his Sotacon Cloak, so no additional one was made. I am over a 100 skill in Blacksmithing, Masterworking and Plate Armor specialty and used the artifact ring and crafted hammer to create and masterwork.

Every Piece is Exceptional/Crit

We added a video of our journey into Hilt to remind everyone that this has to be a team effort.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Goal for this is Dead Bears and other such fun.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  17. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

The first submission was done as a team, going to the Hilt works best that way. I am also submitting a set that was done solo so it is an individual entry.

It was commission by Night Fury, so he is modeling as in the first submission. As a reminder I am GM+ in Blacksmithing, Masterworking and Plate Armor Specialty. I tend to make custom sets depending on the customers needs. I have made a variety of sets for Night Fury that he switches out as needed. (The jewelry and sword is the same as in the last submission because they still work with this set.) Also, again on this set, I could have hit it again for additional add-ons but Night Fury prefers the durability.

Each piece is an Exceptional/Crit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  18. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

Hi. I am Atticus Gryphonheart. I am but a humble Journeyman both as a swordsmith (84 BSm, 35 SwoMW) and leather worker (83 Tayl, 35 LeatMW). It will still take me some time before I can truly call myself a master in both the skills, just barely being able to produce some decent works of quality. However, below I list a few items of quality I have been able to create with my limited skills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Hello - Chateau Belmont is the founding guild of Twin Traders Council our town is nested in Kingsport. We also have merchant locations in Ardoris, Central Brittany, Aerie and a few other locations. We're a small guild and we've created a fustian cloth armor set intended for a pure healer type build. Still working on improving our skills, glad we were able to participate in this. Late submission but we gave it a shot. Also thanks to Jack Pirate for his timely dirt nap!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  20. Berek

Contest is over, thanks all that submitted an entry. Looks like we got some interesting combinations! We will be announcing the winners tomorrow during the telethon livestream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.