Steam Reviews and on sale for only $19.99

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greyfox, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I would only recommend the game to those who are willing to adapt to the changes and understand the pain of going through to process of constant changes. Those who want a game that fully polished or the game to be exactly as they expectation and no less will probably won't enjoy the game at this stage. Although, there may some other folks out there who enjoy spending time trashing the game development process itself daily on the forum rather than playing the actual game. Who knows this could be niche thing :)

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't play on steam and even tho there are things I haven't liked hearing in the direction the game is taking, then there are things that totally are mind boggling how great they are. I can feel change in the air for this game, finally, finally, finally, and did I say finally.:) For those doubters hang in there;)

I sometimes get freaked out because something I believe in strongly is played down and dismissed by Devs saying it is not happening..... for example like when @DarkStarr said that we are not getting things like 'hunger',' thirst', and 'resting bonuses etc' from sleeping in our beds and more things happening with sleeping our beds, I know, I know I can't help how bad that sounds.:) Where is @Lord British2 on cooking and food things from his food hangout????????? @Lord British2 please comment. What's happening with food and sleeping, say something is happening please?

When we 'craft' something you should not always get one item, it should never be that cut and dry, let something happen different and surprising like you actually craft 2 or 3 or hey learn to do something you didn't expect please, please, please fix the crafting dynamic. I don't want to always know it will be one and it could be one, but something else happens as well occasionally it is a freaking awesome one perhaps with extra bonus or whatever. @Chris, @Attenwood

***Also the new loading screens are a fantastic upgrade, now the load screens need to be specific to what you are loading into instead of just random pictures that don't make sense to where you are going. ***

The loading tips was a fantastically great idea and we need many more of them for our new and existing players.

The beginning of the game is freaking bad at letting players help their friends who panic when they can't get out of there. I know it happened to me with a friend. I felt helpless to help them. We totally need opt out of the beginning for those who panic and allow them to go back to finish the beginning quest lines once they get the hang of the game if that is their choice.

Numa, Luca Xante and Sir Cabirus like this.
  3. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I linked my account to Steam ages ago. Despite final wipe, I'll wait and write a review once Portalarium consider the game "done". I try to be fair to the game when discussing it with friends and suggesting they try it.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes.

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

They had to submit to reality I guess ;-)

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Numa like this.
  6. Numa

Numa Avatar

Good way of putting it. Most kickstarter projects I know have had to make compromises as the development process went on. I'm watching the MOBA scene carefully right now because it's become pretty crowded with heavyweights like Blizzard establishing a dominant position. It's going to be interesting how Crowfall and other independent efforts adapt and make compromises as that genre becomes an even tougher market.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

The problem with the specific food system RG came up was that it sounded like a core mechanic for a survival game.
    My guess is that it was just too complex and they would have had to build it from scratch.
    That of course doesn't mean it won't come at some point down the road.
    I personally hope it won't come at all ^^
    But I admit that's pure laziness towards survival game play. I even admit it would make the sandbox more sandboxy.

What you are pointing out aims at the market itself.
    It had to happen at some point. Let the indis struggle, wait a while and then pick up what works good and kick the indis out of the market they invented in the first place. We will see who will adapt and who will get kicked out.

Numa likes this.
  8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Re: food impact on gameplay, lack of food should just affect focus and so should rest. Lack of either one can accelerate the efficiency at which focus is used in magic or physical combat. Tired and/or hungry people will miss more and fizzle more through lack of concentration. It doesn't have to be a complex formula, it just has to have an impact.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yepp but we are talking about RG.
    If he would be a superhero his name would be Mr. Complexical and his super power would be to make gamesystems more and more complex and....OWAIT! ;-)

Numa and Elwyn like this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Couldn't possibly be that the game is getting better. That would be unpossible!

11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Mix that in with the fact all the old reviews are from like Release 22 and such =P lol.

Numa and Earl Atogrim von Draken like this.
  12. mercster

mercster Avatar

I went to five guys once, with a friend who highly recommended it. I wasn't impressed...there was like, nothing on the burger: no condiments, no veggies, just meat and a bun. And it wasn't that great. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing, or just went on a bad day? I dunno.

13. mercster

mercster Avatar

Oh and I must add that the best burger I ever had was from Steak Out. But they closed all their Knoxville locations :( .

EDIT: If you have one in your area, you MUST go: http://steakout.com/

(Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, South Dakota)

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.