Still not understanding how to get a home...

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Makoki123, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Hy there co-avatars, first of all, is it just me or does the game looking a lot better than some days ago?
    I havn´t had the last days to come into novia, but today i´ve the impression that it is looking ( graphicly ) a lot better than the last time i was in. Cool!
    So, but now to my realproblem, i still can´t understand how to get a home, in every town i go i´m talking with the guy who got the aviable house list, but when i reach to an aviable lot, i can´t claim it, it´s asking me for an lot deed or something and/or to paz tax. I´ve had golds enough in my inventory but it is not getting accepted, it´s telling me something i don´t understand realy well about something about i just can add gold if my account is debt, or so, which make no real sense to me.
    I even bought allready , a "city stone &timber 2 story basement " and a " Viking one-story Village Home", what ever these things are ( or what they are good for) they are not usefull to my purpos to get an home, seems to me. Spende a lot of golds on these things and there is nothing i know to do with them.
    And i allway go into tha banks, upstairs talking to these people whos buissnes is to sell lot deeds At least i thought so and was told here in the forum, but they never has none.
    I realy don´t know what else i can do, i looked some guides and vids about housing, but just don´t understand what to do.
    If somebody could please explain it to me so that i understand it.

2. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

You need to have a property deed.
    Most of the ones easily available are taxable.
    That means everyday you need to pay a tax of gold (IGG) to Portalarium.
    If you have a Tax Free deed you don't pay the tax but those deeds are much more expensive.

Once you have a deed of the size of the lot you are wanting, you can 'claim' the property by clicking on the sign or the stone in front of the property.

After you claim the property you can put the house and basement on the lot.

Message Majoria or CatherineRose in the game and I'm sure one of them will help.
    I would help but I'm not in game at the moment.

3. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I will be on in a few min 5:20 New Brittania time.
    If you message me I will answer other questions

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks @Lesni and I would be happy to help. And to @Makoki123 of course I am happy to help anytime too. Now remember if you did buy just housing and not the most important to buy first lot deed all is not lost. Raffles can get you a minimum of 3 deeds over time. If you think of it a bit like playing UO where it took most players some time to get their property, this is the case here for many. If you need help purchasing your first raffle deed, please come and see me and I will contribute to your cause.

Players also sell lot deeds on their vendors and on the market place on these forums. Also until you can save if that is what has happened here please see many players for housing many of which is free and gives you a places to place chests and decorate and have many amenities while you plan your next step. You must have your deed in your inventory to claim lots and the lot must be claimable. Some towns offer claimable some offer restricted until contacted. I know at Wizards Rest they are claimable without contact as I'm sure others are. Sorry for going on and on. I just wasn't sure of your exact situation. ;) Take care. oops here is the link

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/rental-services-free-places-to-live.1067/

5. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Thanks for your answers, expllains and offers to help me Majoria, and Lesni too.
    Part of what you explaining me is what i was trying to do, to buy an lot deed, and how i have been told here i went upstairs in some bank where i was supposed to get them, but i didn´t found none who a " lot deed" in his/her list, so i bought these two things i mentioned above thinking they where the lot deeds. So i was wrong. I saw they had these raffle things, and after taking a look in SotA Wiki i was a aware that these must be some sort of a lotteri, " loteria" how call it in spain. Isn´t that right?
    Isn´t there any place where i just can go to buy some of these deeds?
    Sorry, i allready feel totaly stupid, so many people trying to explain it to me and i still don´t get.
    And sorry again, i never played UO, assuming you refiering to Ultima Online.
    It´s not so long that i discovered the mmorpg worlds for me and the first ones where all of these japanese wierd kinds and then ESO and Neverwinter, but all of them where pretty different to this one, at least to me, just a year or so, was mostly playing shooters, action, adventure and some survival games before.
    And Majoria, you allready has offered me a few times that i can contact you inGame, and i thank you a lot for that, but, ...i´ve no idea what you are meaning whit that ( ok, i imaging that´s means to meet with our avatars inGame and talk then over write chat, something like that ? ) or how to do it.
    Ok, now work is calling,
    Thank for everything and have a feliz pascua! :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Perhaps some of the issues are with translation.
    (Perhaps @Rada Torment can help? He speaks multiple languages)

I think it will be easier to explain over a chat session on Discord or while you are in the game.
    If you will give me your avatar's name I will message you when I see you online.
    Or go to the Shroud of the Avatar Discord chat and ask there. Someone will surely answer.

7. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Ok, thanks for your affords, my InGame name is " Makoki Whatsup" ;):D
    I just bought a lot deed raffle or they call that. Let´s see whats happens.

8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

@Makoki123 If you don't get a deed on the raffle, send me a message in game and I may be able to help. Name in game is Sara Dreygon.

9. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

The lot deed raffle is ok but is like a lottery and it does not end until the next release. That requires some patience to maybe win the raffle.

You can find deeds on this forum in the Player Marketplace.
    This is the link for deeds:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/house-lot-listings.319/

Also, be aware that some deeds are TAXABLE and some are Non-Taxable.
    The Non-Taxable will cost more :)

If you just need a place to store your stuff, there are several areas that give "free" rooms to new players.
    Also, some areas have rooms for rent. This gives you a place without all the expense of a deed.

If you want a Taxable Row deed (smallest size deed and the least expensive) let me know and I may be able to dig one up as a Welcome Gift to a new player.

10. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

I am not sure if I missed it but someone should make sure Makoki is not trying to place in an NPC town. Even though it looks like you can place because there are lots of unused lots you can only get a PaD from 10k a pop lottery tickets or buying from other player for very very expensive price.

Just to manage this guys expectations of course in case he is wanting the same thing I did when I started playing. But it looks like players are gonna give him a free PoT deed anyway so its all good.

11. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Hola Makoki, cualquier cosa que necesites puedes ponerte en contacto conmigo. También te dejo aquí el enlace a los foros en castellano;

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/comunidad-hispana.1312/

Bienvenido!

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also @Makoki123 to contact in game means to whisper by clicking on your friends using f key to add a friend. Type majoria for example and hit enter. Then right click majoria to send a whisper. And perhaps @Rada Torment will explain whisper to you. I hope that will help. Thanks Rada too. Gracias. And you can also send mail to another player too and that is another way to contact players especially if they are offline and perhaps for Rada to explain also.

13. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Many thanks for the full amount of answers, this seems to be a realy nice comunity.
    Next time i´ll be inGame fur shure i will try to contact with some of you.
    Lots of thanks to all of you.

14. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Yes, i think right now i´m in an npc town " Umber Heath" with an lot of empty lots. I bought one, what i thought was a lot deed, but looks like it wasn´t one. For that reason i thought it would be easier to get one here, but it seems that i was wrong.:D

15. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

16. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Hi Lesni, thanks for the vid. Kabalyero explains it pretty well and i learned some new things, but he didn´t tell where he got the lot deed from, which is my main problem, cause i still didn´t find a place where they sell them, i mean ingame.
    Have a nice pascua! ( don´t know how you call it in english XD . Eastern maybe ? )

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Makoki123. I sent you a PM but game vendors don't sell lot deed. Coto vendors do and cots are bought with real money or off of player vendors. It will take quite a lot of gold to purchase a lot deed but you can try to win a deed as well. There is a monthly drawing you can buy raffle tickets to. Here is the information for the next drawing. RAffle tickets puchased from decorations vendors above the bank tellers or from any player owned town who has a decoration vendor in their town.

The Lot Deed Raffle returns in Release 52! Raffle tickets can be purchased with in-game gold from home merchants. Each person can only win a single deed of each type (maximum of one place anywhere and one POT). The drawing will occur and winners will be announced in R53.

There are two raffles, one for each lot type:[​IMG]

Place Anywhere Deeds: 50 Total

• Row: 20
    • Village: 15
    • Town: 10
    • City: 5
    Player Owned Town Deeds: 100 Total[​IMG]

• Row: 40
    • Village: 30
    • Town: 20
    • City: 10
    Raffle tickets grant the holder a chance to win deeds of any size (Row, Village, Town, or City). Raffles will be held monthly (total deed numbers may vary each month). Winners can claim their deed(s) simply by logging into the game and claiming rewards at any bank

Kaffe Nightbreeze and Numa like this.
  18. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Try this one... :)

Locations of the Crown Merchants...

Numa and Makoki123 like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Makoki is Spanish Speaking. If we could get a Spanish version.

Makoki123 likes this.
  20. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Ok, i´ll take a look later. I allready subscribed to your YT Chanel. ;)
    Thanks for contacting me.:)

Kabalyero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.