Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion: Charged Shardfalls

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by Lord Andernut, Jul 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

This is not a fully fleshed out idea by any means but just shooting it out there.

We have lots pvp zones (awesome!) but not yet the population to... populate them.

So what if we somehow highlighted a particular shardfall (or ruin, or any pvp zone) at any given time. Perhaps related to celestial mechanics, perhaps not. But the idea being to draw more players to the same zone at the same time.

Even a 3 hour window once or twice per day.

There could be the carrot version: ie. Triple mob xp or double harvesting or higher level loot tables.

Challenge version: More Bosses? Harder Monsters?

PvP Rewards: Rewards for kills? I know there's gaming the system and stuff so I don't know.

(I think this would be more interesting) Avatar/Environment Changes: Shards float right? Weird effects on the world around them?
    Maybe we can give buffs/debuffs: Enhanced Fire Damage. Gravity Abeyance (jump 5 times as high! I also remember getting super-speed during the end of the world party, it was fun!), Zero Lightning Damage, Healing disabled, etc.

-------------

I just think there may be ways to make particular zones a draw, but only for finite amounts of time, so that we can shape traffic (and interplayer conflict) a little. I don't know if any of these options are low hanging fruit or not.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

no, no, no

sure wait each one pretty much already has one , da da dum

already doing it in the Fall - still a dead zone

what is the point will not change the template / skill of the day and exp imbalance ? ? ?

Every time , every so often it keeps coming around - - Bring people to PvP areas . . .

Every time it all boils down to more enticements to bring sheep to wolves . . .

As soon as something is implemented it has a splash for about a week

I have used this before but not here soooo

Look at PvP as a pond, you keep throwing bigger rocks into the pond trying to make a bigger splash and bigger, responses eventually the pond will be a pile of rocks . .

And it will still be dead zones . . . .

The largest problem you have and will NEVER overcome with a skill based game like this is the disparity of skills, the templates / skill of the day. . . . . .

No incentive you throw out to lure non PvP people to participate in PvP areas, ((( which is what every post ends up being)))) are not going to work.

FININSH THE GAME - then let PvP flush itself out and see if it can be made viable.

PvP wil not keep the game afloat, it is a strong BALANCED economy based around normal players. Not anything what we have now dominated by the top 1%.

Don not want to keep hearing the same reply stop asking the same question.

Not gonna look at thread again so reply don't, don't care.

3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I'm more interested in something that makes a particular zone stand out. Not to encourage people to go to a pvp zone, but to encourage people to come to the same pvp zone, at the same time. Even if once a week. So that a player who is new(ish) to the game has something other than structured tournament to view some pvp.

I've never asked this question before, nor do I recall a timed event idea in a shardfall, but thanks as always for your optimism and support.

Adam Crow and Sara Dreygon like this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

No thank you. I already cannot keep up With pvp as they get +10% more exp. at this rate I will never be ready to pvp.

Grave Dragon and Stundorn like this.
  5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I don't want to buff pvp. I just wanted to highlight a particular pvp zone and xp was only one of many suggestions. I doubt that higher xp in a shardfall would be a draw nor compete with non-pvp zones.

My thinking was not to get other people to try pvp but to get pvp players in the same zone. So a newbie says - where's the pvp? And you can say it's in location X.

Most of the suggestions in the list have nothing to do with character advancement.

Adam Crow and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

I've been pushing for regional weather and one thing I've suggested along these lines is special weather events for Shardfalls.

For example, remember the colored lightning in Serpents Isle that had different types of magic effects including teleportation? What if this were a weather event unique to Shardfalls in the game, and happened at different Shardfalls at different times? Like all weather, this would be predictable by astrology.

Second idea would be that bosses wouldn't necessarily be in zones 24/7, and instead could show up at various times. In some of these cases, like with the drakes, they could appear on the map -- for example, imagine drakes hovering above a Shardfall like hawks.

7. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

PVP already has too many benefits.

Stundorn and FrostII like this.
  8. JCNo.9

JCNo.9 Avatar

The problem is that most people still do not like PVP

FrostII likes this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Let's see.... where have I heard that one before ???
    Ahh yes, Felucca....

Duke Gréagóir and Stundorn like this.
  10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Let's not focus on the carrot approach then. I regret putting it at the front.

FrostII likes this.
  11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The perfect solution as per the OP, get rid of all but one PVP zone. PVP people will then congregate there naturally. ;):p

Stundorn and FrostII like this.
  12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Maybe it's no Problem.

Maybe it's because PvP in such a system is just unfair and bad PvP.
    So the problem is not we dont like PvP.
    The problem is PvP in a system like this is maximum unbalanced and therefore crap pvp.

JCNo.9 likes this.
  13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

14. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Love the idea they could do a similar thing with pve zones then the pvers can stop saying it's bad and get on board.

Lord Andernut, Adam Crow and Stundorn like this.
  15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

balance the game, find mediocre ways to be competetive and ready to PvP and i am in!

As a Roleplayer i have enough enticement to visit these scenes and the scenes provide already good XP and Loot, almost better than most other T5 zones.

Thing about PvP is balance, the way you have to build your character and deck and the time you need to get all those skills high, and get enough gear or skills to craft proper gear to be competetive.

So maybe PvP starts, when more people reached the point what others predetermine or when things are nerfed and downscaled ;)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Thing about PvP is fun.
    Nobody cares about balance as long as they have fun.

Lord Andernut likes this.
  17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

who is having fun in a unbalanced Situation? Tell me?
    I would suggest nobody, because its no challenge.
    show me the player who is having fun loosing all the time - "haha, i loose again, but it's so much fun to PvP, i dont care i am loosing all the time because of an unbalance and a system
    what rewards time spended more than playerskill. I just h ave fun competing in PvP, and its not about winning, but the competition itself or what is the fun you talk about?
    It's the taking part that counts!?
    No - sorry thats not true for PvP or any competition, except an egg and spoon race at your chils birthday party :D
    without a cap - pvp is only fun for those who have the most time and will to grind and to nobody else.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I was about to write a reply.
    First a troll, then an explanation.
    But then i remembred it is pointless to talk about PvP in this forum and game.
    So, i concede to your point of view without further discussions.
    I sincerly hope your vision ov PvP will come true. You will be bored to death in weeks. Maybe even days.

Adam Crow and Stundorn like this.
  19. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Well.. maybe the topic should be shifted, "what would you think to be the best way to encouraged pvpers to concentrate at one location?" Have everyone tossed their own thoughts instead before crushing other ideas.

20. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I pvped quite a bit a while back when they first put the bonus experience in. A lot of players were flagged and it was a lot of fun. I had a lot of random battles and made a lot of new friends.

I spent most of my time trying to kill one particular player who was a pk and more powerful than I was. He killed me about 10-15 times and it was a bit frustrating, but nearly every time he killed me I learned something and I was having fun.

I did eventually take him off guard a couple times and kill him and that was very satisfying. But even if i hadn't, I was still having fun, my heart was racing and it was very exciting. (Of course not everyone thinks this is fun, but I do) Those interactions are still by far the most fun I've had so far playing this game.

So I totally disagree with you that it was fun for nobody. In fact that is just not true. I know you're just speculating, but I did it first hand and I enjoyed it very much.

I like the ideas in the OP. Anything that can help bring pvpers together in a more natural way is much needed for the game imo. I'm not really into dueling, I like the more random type of pvp.

I know a lot of the players here hate the idea of bringing the sheep to the wolves, but if that doesn't happen then there are no wolves for me to try and kill.

I think @Lord Andernut may be on to something here with the charged shardfall idea. The trick is you need to make it fun for the sheep too. And since not everyone plays with the same mindset that I do... that is no easy task.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.