Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tamed Constructive Criticism

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Bluefire, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

@Coolwaters

There will be no option to call several animals at once. They were speaking of it a long time ago, but that will not happen anymore.

2. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Sounds like a bit of progress. I'm not sold on permadeath, though. As long as that stays in I see no validity in pet ownership. The timer could be set to 900,000 seconds for all it matters as I am not inclined to grind to the resurrection skill and waste 5 reagants because my pet doesn't follow the logic that it is supposed to flee when near death unless I've invested thousands of hours into leveling up Obedience.

A long-long ways to go before this will be a viable play style or profession.

I equate the current perma-death to a weapon or piece of armor at near perfect condition shattering randomly in any fight. Having built swords at least I get to use them and can repair them in my leisure. The pet system follows nothing else in the game and is a senseless waste of time and gold for anyone participating currently.:(

As for the pet getting stronger as we use them and taming becoming easier as a result of the same I do hope this means they will be removing the pet pull/summon as an XP concept! :rolleyes:

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Noone said taming is already finished and if the pet doesn'T run away it is bug that needs to be reported.

4. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

Ok ... but why? What about that arbitrary restriction makes gameplay more engaging? Makes character building more diverse?

I say nothing about it does. It's just a bad, arbitrary restriction. It warrants discussion. "Balance" isn't a justification for it. I just laid out a fairly self-correcting system to balance multiple called pets. Add a few potential AoE pet only mez spells / pet only hard hitting damage spells and I think the arbitrary nature of the restriction is fairly clear.

5. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

@Coolwaters I make it a point to never consider a decision presented by another player as 'gospel.' If you do not see it written by a dev as a flat-out "No, we will never do that" there is still hope. Even then things can be re-invented overnight. Sometimes for the worse, like perma-death out of left field. Sometimes for the better.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  6. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

That's kind of what I figured ... he just sounded so confident lol. I thought maybe he had the Dev's collective ear.

7. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I just repeat what a dev told us yesterday in chat while asking him questions after the hangout. You can believe me or not. I'm just sharing the information I gained.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  8. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I hear you and we appreciate you sharing the chat info. Truth is though, noone should give up hopes on the system they would like to see until a dev writes a post stating it will never happen ... and even then that doesn't mean it will never happen.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  9. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I can verify that there was an improvement for crafting the taming collar that you will see in R24. It is a step in the right direction, but honestly it is not enough of a change.

10. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Also the Res timer on dead pets has been increased from 1 to 5 minutes. At least now you stand a chance of ressing your pet (if you can get to it and if you have Res of course)

11. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Still a dumb way to treat this skill - completely unlike any other system in the game. Have us take our dead creature to someone who can res it, sure. Make us have the res skill? No. Let it res on its own in an hour? Yes.

Prevent us from summoning more than once an hour? No.
    Change XP to be from pet use instead of pet summoning? Yes.

Thanks for the update @Shade Cido

I took my one crafted pet collar and went for a bottom level bear (23%) and of course it failed. At least it was free resources since it is just a copy over from live. :)

My plan was to see if they nerfed the avatarcide method of summoning the pet repeatedly.

Shade Cido and Miracle Dragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.