Terror in Two Sentences!

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Bubonic, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Hey guys!

Keeping in the spirit of the upcoming creepy holiday, and inspired by the Scholars of Novia contest, I thought it might be fun to do another community writing contest.

What's different about this, you ask? Well, here's the task: Write a scary Halloween story, with as much atmosphere and creepiness as you can stuff into it, in two sentences!

Here's a bunch of examples for inspiration:
    http://9gag.com/gag/av0v95O/20-terrifying-two-sentence-horror-stories

Not only is this an interesting writing challenge, but it is also very quick, so we will hopefully get a lot of entries!

What do you win, you ask? Well, just the neverending admiration of your SOTA peers! There are no losers here. Just have fun!

2. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I'll start us off with the following:

Whew, I just finished stocking my freezer with meat for the winter! Now I just have to figure out what to do with all these bloody clothes.

3. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Here is my scary horror story......

In 2015, Shroud of the Avatar will be released.
    It will be released without cannibalism.

4. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

The box resonated with an eerie otherwordly crimson glow casting silhouettes around her like grim ichor spilled in sharp menacing shapes that twisted and swayed as if ready to impale the candle light behind her snuffing out her last bastion of comfort. Gathering her resolved she reached out and took the box in both hands cringing as it's rough surface pricked her skin while a sickly warmth pulsated along her fingers and up her arms, paralysing her as the boxes lid slowly lifted revealing to her terror her own face, pale sunken skinned, hollow eyed and with blackened teeth grinning revealing to her it's sinister intent.

5. Santa Clause

Santa Clause Avatar

It was a cold and dark night on that All Hallows Eve as the gathering storm whipped into a frenzy and the electricity went out with a deafening boom of thunder, but not before I could microwave my hot pocket and enjoy my dinner.

Then, with quiet trepidation, I entered the dark bathroom.

6. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

With hands as cold as ice clutching mercilessly around her throat, choking the very air out of the red headed elf leaving her gasping and nearly defeated. The dark hooded figure with a laugh beyond the sounds of a maniacal madman whispered to her, "You will wear PINK!"

7. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

The grass felt thick, between your toes, in this pitch black night. As your eyes adjusted to the darkness, you realized that it wasn't grass, but hair instead.

8. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I shall never forget so many eyes; staring into the distance, cold, unblinking. Each one bursting with juice and flavor.

9. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

A child's porcelain doll went missing one night, as did a large kitchen spoon and the town computer tech. Kremmling,CO has remained eerily quiet ever since.

10. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

After the dark hooded Tall Albino Man forced Amberraine to put on the pink bunny costume, he smiled, as his eyes began to glow.

"From this moment on, you shall spend the rest of your days hopping across Novia proclaiming your allegiance to Lord British!", he uttered :eek:

11. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

He smiled at her, marveling at her beauty, and with a soft brush of his hand gently caressed her cheek. He took a long and loving look into her eyes, and with a wistful sigh, placed her head back inside the display case.

Gaelis, Jynx, Sunswords and 8 others like this.
  12. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

You climb into the soft surrender of your bed, your smiling wife greeting you as you hear the answering machine turn on. "Get out of the house! There is something....", your wife's voice ringing out from the answering machine as the sound trails off and the lights go dark; the sheets go warm.

Gaelis, Jynx, Sunswords and 6 others like this.
  13. Gabriel Nightshadow

The mage entered the room in the Challenge Dungeon and himself facing three bears. As the heavy metal door slammed shut behind him, the mage reached into his pouch for reagents, only to discover a large hole in the bottom where they had leaked out...

Hazard, Amberraine, Gaelis and 7 others like this.
  14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

That wouldnt be the only thing that leaked out of this mage! For as the claws came down on him the blood poured forth, forming a slow moving stream by his lifeless body, letting the other bears know dinner was served!

Hazard, Gaelis, Ariella and 4 others like this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

As the warrior stared at the ominous building before him, he knew this place was damned! He pulled out his holy symbol and stepped into the foreboding darkness.

Ariella, Sunswords, Bubonic and 3 others like this.
  16. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

He bit deeply into the green wafer, closing his eyes as the intensely rich taste of the concoction flooded his senses. Strangely enough, something about it reminded him of his mother, several years deceased this very month...

17. Gabriel Nightshadow

The warrior suddenly found himself surrounded by six lich mages :eek: "Your faith can't help you now!", they moaned.

Mata, Ariella and blaquerogue like this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Holding his Holy Amulet up, he mumbled some words of prayer. A bright light lit up the room as his "Turn Undead" spell ignited, and the Liches fell to the ground in a pile of rags, and looking at the pile he said "I have 99 problems and a Lich aint one!"

19. Sunswords

Sunswords Avatar

You are offered a drink of red wine; only to realise that it was blood you sipped. A spider emerges from the goblet and scuttles down your arm.

Balec Fares deCani and Mata like this.
  20. Gabriel Nightshadow

A big red demon suddenly appeared behind him, grabbed his warhammer and sword, and then vanished in a puff of black smoke!
    The warrior frowned, as he was now weaponless...:eek:

Mata likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.