thanks for having me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctorface, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Good bye Yordic! Thanks for helping me do the move with the initial guild change, you are what got me to start doing group hunts, and it has changed my experience alot!

Be sure that even if you feel out of place right now, you have made countless others make their place in this game, and you will be reminded for these things! By the way, what will happen of the other Tater Tots? Have you passed down the emporers crown, or have you made sure they found a new home?

Hope you will find something else that will make you feel at home, and if you ever come back to Novia, ask around, I am sure multiple people will be glad to help you make yourself a place well deserved!

2. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Good by for now Yordic. Not sure I met you in game but I have heard of the tatertots. I hope you find solace and a place to call home.

3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I don't personally know you, so I hope I'm not being too forward with my comments below. :)

I always feel out of place, even in my own guild. It's definitely a "me" issue, since I really play to hang with others. Doing things like Upper Tears this week for the double XP was a lot of fun, sometimes quirky, but nevertheless enjoyable. But I struggle a lot of other times to do things as well simply because I get bored playing solo. And part of it, for me and why I am commenting, is the "maybe you are all my betters". Yeah, I definitely feel that a lot. Heck, before this double XP and Upper Tears I had ONE GM, Alchemy. Now I have a bunch, I've moved up a few levels, and am still terribly behind others. But that doesn't discourage me too much any more because I know that I don't play as much as most of them.

For me, games help out with my problems. Certainly, if the game is creating problems for you, then you are making the right choice for yourself. Good luck to you.

Woodchuck and Rada Torment like this.
  4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I will miss you, and your little island in my town.. Im sorry you find it so hard

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

Lots of posts to get to here! Took me a long time to get to sleep this morning but I'll get to these really quick.
    @Rufus D'asperdi [​IMG]

@Thadeus Crook thanks manya! deffo a cool world with many folks.

@Daxxe Diggler It was always weird hearing that,especially when @Lord British got involved. I had tonnes of questions but tried to limit it to two so that I could crack a joke for my last one. I logged only about a quarter of the bugs I found,not because I wanted to keep the game buggy but because I usually found them on stream and when I get done I end up collapsing into a quiet heap for about an hour.It's hard work for me,because lazy.

@Godra Trust me I'll be carrying a piece of New Brittania with me for a long time,just not sure if it's gonna be a charm or a scar(not physical in EITHER means,just to make sure the mods don't freak out...again) Maybe time and distance will help me get the picture a little more clearly. Just know every little thing,good or bad,lives in my noodle. The curse of a good memory,I guess.

@Matpsh Me too,man! Raggie was probably one of the most therapeutic things I had in the game! She helped me conquer my fear of spiders and come to respect them and learn about them! Keep up the killer work on the animations, I wanna see some epic ones if I ever come back. I've always appreciated the way you made us interact with the world. Important job making sure everything meshes together and moves in a way that feels good while maintaining functionality.

@Vladimir Begemot I have had so many messages about where to keep the mall. I would love if I came back to drop the mall as a traveling event,having it pop up in all corners of novia! I never even thought about that,to be honest. Guess I was just stuck in the mindset of being a miserable cuss. It does get exausting being hunted down by one person if you so much as looked at a pvp zone when the team kept putting stuff I could use for jokes on stream in them. ~koff judge wig koff~

@Nikko Unlikely, I am notoriously bad at being happy, miserable is kinda just the default state of my being. Thank you tho and hope you have way better travels than I had here.

@Marcus Deadshot You were awesome,man, I will always look fondly on the day you joined the empire only to see that you were like a dark clone of me! You are the reason darth Tater exists lol. The day I logged on and saw you gone without a word hurt like a *****,I was already watching the guild crumble around my feet and seeing one of the coolest duders there just gone sucked,but I am so happy you found a new group to go hang out with. I didn't have the time to devote to heading out to parties after streams,usually I was just too tired and that sucked. Walking the roads of novia alone all the time gave me way too much time to think and that's a bad thing.

@Kafien We hung out in laz and jacks room a few times, I think. You're a pretty chill dude, have some fun for me!

@Magnus Zarwaddim Respect man, It's not always easy to admit to problems you have, I have been keeping them right on front street since my first stream in the game. I go through huge dips in the road all the time on stream and I never go back and delete the footage,I want there to always be a record of when I make mistakes,when I have breakdowns or when I just have a terrible day. I always bounce back and come back the next day with at least something of a smile. The game was fun,I felt powerful (but it's hard not to when you're running around with a huge viking axe and crushing things to death with 230 STR) it wasn't ever a gameplay issue, I used every weapon in the game and every magic but death(Yordics back story put him firmly against death magic). My issues with the game were with feeling I wasn't good enough to be a member of the community, sometimes I felt that even when I was trying my hardest and doing good things, raising money for charity, gathering supplies to put in bags to give to new players, or just raising some cash to give someone who didn't have it a nice Christmas dinner, that it wasn't enough. Thank you for the kind words,it's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels like that.

@Liz The island will be there for a good while, don't worry. Someone has access to my account and is authorized to use all of it's funds and supplies to keep the haven open for the guild in perpetuity or untill yordic is naked and homeless. The bunkhouse and the guildhouse will stand for as long as it can. My lot too has a very special place. My vendors name is Dr. Melvin Canell, he was a dear,dear friend of mine without whom none of you would have known I exist.

When I first heard about this game I was in a seriously dark place. I hated MMO's games were not fun for me, I had one friend and we were dating at the time, my ssi was in the air and I was having daily breakdowns,crying in bed wondering if I would be able to afford to live for another day. Mel,an old friend of the family, helped me through all of that. He went to court with me and showed them that I needed that money to survive,that my issues werent going to get better any time soon. He gave me therapy for free to help keep me around. It was so amazing to have someone like that in my life,dude was a fucking ANGEL He told me once he wished he had been a bartender instead of a therapist so that he could 'really help people'. Sadly he passed away on december second of 2016. He struggled with diabetes and a lot of other health issues but he never stopped helping other people and he never stopped smiling and laughing. In one of the early 40's of the game releases I heard brewing was coming into the game so I decided that I would put up a bar and he would be my bartender,so I could maybe honor him in some way, serving drinks in game with him. Unfortunately brewing was continuously pushed so that never became a reality.I miss him so much,and nobody is gonna be able to hold a candle to him.

Sorry,I ended up on a tangent there. I gotta go get ready for my stream,so I might not respond for a few hours. Thanks for all the kind words everyone,it means so much to me.

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Wasnt the next intended brewing effort going to be for R55? :(

Cordelayne and eagell like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sorry I know quotes don't always help but I have a few that help since we are so much of what we think. Our thoughts are our world and reality. No one has the same one either which gives us challenges of course but keeps it interesting of course. So here's to you @Doctorface. I love these quotes and one more I might have made up since I did not find it but it reminds me to think beyond and out of the box.

I say to myself "If you only look at what is, You might miss what could be" and that's my looking beyond thought lol. Ok Take care always and best wishes. I wish you many happy and interesting adventures. Come back anytime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  8. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Much respect! Cheers mate! I hope you find your spot, everyone deserves to do so!

majoria70 and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

@majoria70 I'll take them to heart,thank you.

@Chrystoph Reis I'm not sure I have a spot,to be honest. I was born kinda broken and don't seem to be getting much better in my thirties. I appreciate the sentiment tho

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well believe me things can look better later all the hormones that rage and testosterone lol. It is a wonder some of us survive it all. ;)

11. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Some advice for life in general, don't try and fit in. Just be yourself and if others don't like it, so be it. Eventually you will attract people more compatible to your true self who will be worthy to have as friends. Real friends.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

and stay out of your mind sometimes and just BE lol it can be dangerous in there. ;)

Woodchuck and liz_the_wiz like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, something like getting stabbed or shot is always bad and no amount of thinking is going to make it good.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol Yeah well that quote is a use on need quote and really the point is that it is our perceptions of what happened that drives the boat and gives it life one way or the other so don't over think it. That was not the point of the quote. Not telling you how to think anyway. If I am having bad thoughts only I can turn those around to find a positive in the situation.

For example I did one time in earlier years find myself in a food line thinking how horrible this is and then I shifted it to ok what am I going to get out of this little adventure, what is it teaching me or giving to me that I would not have otherwise get to know?

So anyway of course no one can tell another person how to think. I definitely was not trying to do that. I got a lot out of that experience that made it all worth it. So you could say bad experience or enlightening experience? Just a play on words. What speaks to one person may not to another one. Ok anyway I am getting too deep here lol. I just love those quotes for myself ;) *cheers*

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Woodchuck, Barugon and FrostII like this.
  15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I mean if you survive, there is some good to it no?

Barugon likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I prefer to just say that happiness is a choice.

Ryodin Stormwind and majoria70 like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you don't survive then you're not thinking.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It was a joke silly. ok nm lol ;)

Barugon likes this.
  19. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I don't think we ever talked but there are a lot of people here who obviously love you and will miss you. Do what's right for you but you'll obviously be missed.

Cordelayne likes this.
  20. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

Well if you get shot you can say 'atleast I didn't get stabbed', and if you get stabbed you can say 'atleast I didn't get shot!' And if you get both you can say 'atleast ice cream still exists.'

The pouring of support is awesome guys. it means a lot and I am happy you all came out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.