Thanks for your efforts in improving PVP!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by queenbee, Aug 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

Seriously, thanks for your efforts in making PVP more accessable and fun.

Obsidian Trials: Great idea on nerfing all skills to 100 so that more people have a chance to practice PVP and have a chance to win in the trials. The only thing I'd change right now is the timer reset We seem to wait around the lobby a while until the preparation room opens.

Ardoris Arena: So looking forward to res ankhs working so we can test it. Otherwise I'm enjoying the benefit of killing Vesper because he goes naked and equips crap weapons knowing he might have to res via timer. Being able to have teams would be awesome!

The Brave Coast: Asmodi has made this the location of all RHEC PVP fishing contests The only issue we've run into is the res bug. Maybe a quick fix is to automatically cause the person to zone out if they don't res correctly.

Battle Banners: Great idea! But to really make them useful, they need some kind of timer on them. Maybe a 1 minute timer where if it's not changed within that one minute, it then becomes static for another two minutes until it resets.

The Fall: Don't touch it!

Let's make PVP fun and positive!

Bee Striker
    Queen of not letting Asmodi have her skull!

Mhtic700R, jrs99, Winfield and 5 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I always hoped the obsidian trials could become a Battlegroud area for the game with rewards, quests for individuals, and team challenges too. A bit like alterek valley in WoW with a timer too. Doing the trials could gain collectable medals, titles with buffs, and turn in items to get pvp items and rewards. Anyway I always wanted this type of scene for the game as another thing to do.

Mhtic700R, Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Curious how this may be working out for you? I can move it if you'd like, or remove it completely. What's the feedback?
    It has the most Battle Banners of any property currently there. I'll make way for another player to occupy this lot if it's not helpful.
    If you think it needs to be modified in any way, I'm open for sugestions for it's usefulness to The Brave Coast.
    ~Time Lord~

jrs99 and Elgarion like this.
  4. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Totally agree with Bee, like the direction but we need some bugs related to pvp fixed... specially the ress/immortality bug in pvp fishing contests

jrs99, Anpu, Elgarion and 1 other person like this.
  5. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

@Time Lord , I will check your banner placements next time I'm in Brave Coast. We have worked out the logistics of a "capture the flag" type fight. We have two banners with one placed on my lot, the other on Estroma's lot. The banners are not too close but not too far. Twistar has a flag on his lot which is great for a "defend the flag" type fight since his house sits high on a hill but is easily accessable. The only issue we have is needing timers of some kind on the banners. Right now we would have to rely on a referee... and they can be killed.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

@queenbee , My current thinking into that property as far as interaction assets:

• That property has some, but few aproaches to it being on that hill.
    • The Bells around it, I haven't tested to see how far accross the town such things could be heard.
    • The 9 Battle Banners provide a possibility of a "king of the hill" style contest whereby if all banners are changed then that team is king of the hill.
    • I set 3 of it's 8 teleporters to different dock destinations around the island for life/death count possibilities if those mattered in any games.
    • Heavy fog in it's second story, mostly for atmosphere.
    • There's a hiding places inside each teleport tower, with an additional hidden space behind/inside the teleport bell towers.
    For quest building purposes:

The downers to the brave coast...

• One drawback on the island is that there's no NPCs anywhere that mean anything. Banker, Crier and that's it.
    • Without NPCs to interact with then any questing there must be through inky conversationalist which is sort of a drag as that's just more that either requires additional work added and reliance on others to place and inky coversationalists on other's lots and accounts.
    • The lot sizes on the island are mostly large, which is a drag because large properties have many items and thus waiting for any lot to be "loaded" by a questing player is a blocker with an unknown timer which depends on how much deco is there.

The Confectionery Delicious assets in general...

• The Brave Coast Confectionery Delicious is one of the only locations where thick fog is used to obscure what is/will be placed on it's shelves on it's second floor. This is to prevent running in and "print screen snap shot" the codes which are/will be/may be, maybe written in cupcakes and confections on it's shelves.
    • The general bell towers serve as musical instuments where music will be placed (could be, may be, maybe) there for the questing player to find a further clue/code/message.
    • All quests will not run through each Confectionery's location, so any PvP player would need to be on the quest in order to get ahead of any rabbits they wish to attack, "if that quest is passing through there at all".
    • In R-93 we will begin to know the timers involved to these quest machines
    • The Confectionery Delicious quest machine depends on no player to administer it's workings, yet (and this is the importance to the PvP community)... yet having this one hub placed in the brave coast (PvP), allows for the PvP community to come up with their own quests using the entire Confectionery Delicious machine, which spans to almost every nook and cranny our overland map has to offer.
    • Whether large or small, using the entire thing or just one piece, if one of it's pieces is in your area, then anyone's place/lot/POT or home can then connect to and utilize it's teleportation network for quest or travel.
    I post all this because I think we all need to begin thinking larger, much larger and dream of what could be given the assets that become availible. I also didn't want to post all this on my other Time Tunnel thread because there's too much info into this quest mechanic already, even though all this information is general without specifics. When PvP is small, it has a much more personal nature to it which some will continue to find not in their enjoyment, yet if things can be broadened, then that personal nature become more barable and also more apealing to more others.

The timings of our friend's PvP fishing events are sort of not only predictable, but are well missed when our friend is not here. I think his fishing events are SUPER and within the Confectionery Delicious teleport concept design and placements of teleport hubs will be having enhancement of those types of events well kept in mind.

In R-93 I am making time travel availible to the public for their usage 24 hours a day, through the Confectionery Delicious teleporting network, which will even further enhance it's player made and many player imagined expanding possibilities.

I hope this information helps dream of more PvP possibilities.
    [​IMG]
    ~TL~

7. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

@Time Lord , we are open to all suggestions. I'm certainly not the authority on what is and is not acceptable for PVP... so we appreciate any and all ideas to make events possible! I'll check out your lot the next time I'm in Brave Coast so I can maybe give further input for your lot!

Time Lord likes this.
  8. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

I checked out your lot. You had teleporters going to other towns? If someone is low on health, they could click on teleport and zone out ... So I didn't quite understand that set up. Using the teleports to quickly relocate to other parts of the zone, that makes sense...but to completely zone out...?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Yes, the rabbits need the holes. Rabbits and the Wolves, these are two very differently motivated groups of PvP players, those who flagged and those who entered a flagged area. We have no exclusive PvP flagged player areas... (yet?)... our PvP does need cultivation which I agree.

There must be holes for rabbits to be able to swiftly enter and exit, or no rabbits will come to get any carrot the confectionery can offer.

A player can zone out very quickly "if they hit the right hole", or they can become stuck, still inside the PvP zone having hit the wrong teleport while in panic mode. In the case of a flagged PvPer zoning out then becomes either the pursuit player's victim to follow that lead or remain defending the area they then control.

There are 9 battle banners there "currently", yet if and when PvP becomes more popular, then those extra banners then can be moved to other confectionery locations for widening the conflict area into regions for the flagged or single guild, or guild vs guild battle players.

I would also like to point out that each location of the Confectionery Delicious have no vendors at all. (*exception to that rule: sometime in the far distant future there may be a vender posted with "Black Cutworm Cupcakes" +200 health to aide any rabbit as well as wolves along the confectionery's questing trails). All the Confection Delicious's supporting replenishing confection platters (+25% skill gains in every bite) go to supply it's connected quest's prizes as motives to quest along it's many trails.

The Confectionery Delicious quest trails are not only for PvP or quick travel, but also meant as "trade quest hubs" where our game's commerce can be more widely stimulated. We all know the trade hot spots in our game, but each confectionery are placed in areas where even a town size lot can be still claimed, meaning that in those areas more opportunity can be had by newer or up-and-coming players to fill in those POTs and NPC towns, which then are only the click of a teleport away from traveling to the centers of our best trade commerce. The confectioneries also serve as easy quick travel to visit player events.

The Brave Coast is a PvP hotspot today thanks to it's very active community. If one day they happen to notice during their play that non-pvp players begin entering and exiting, the .... wolves... then have every indication that there's then a cause to gather around, a tower to ambush from, exits to guard and rooms that are the bait for such fun to be possibly had. "That's good motive for audience participation", without prize to be had, but the fun such a situation could provide.

I will end this rant here on one special note;

I am not important, the clock, the decoder ring are, but only secondary to the movements of the planets in our sky... well... not nessesarily "our sky", but a sky that looks like our sky within our game, because they will be changing our confectionery's teleporters through the rythums of their movements.

It takes many to make something truly special, not just one who purchased and placed the toy/s.
    With the empowerment of what's availible, dream on it, something we can all dream into together without any single person controling any power over everyone. Those are the only types of dreams that have ever survived in our game.

I'm just the guy building the clock and tending it's gears, as meaningless as the NPC villager who turns off and on the streelights.

[​IMG]

"The Fellowship", a cult you can believe in~
    ~TL~

10. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

I am an avid supporter of PVP and have been since the start of the game! Some people know me others do not, but those that know me, "know me"! I look forward to PVP getting better and better. I have run PVP events in the past and I am still working on new and improved PVP. One of the best events I had was a keep lot, but it was a maze of stone walls and and blocks. This way the players could get on top of some of the structures or behind some. it made for a good PVP run. Another thing I did was had a ruined building with a prisoner inside that had to be rescued. and taken to safety, one side or the other had to die. It was lots of fun. So there are a couple ideas to go on feel free to use them.

*Hello SOTA I am back! "As I walk through the valley of death, I feel nothing but comfort as I wipe the blood from my blades."

I Look forward to hearing more of your ideas in the future! great posts QueenBee, i have been reading all of them.

Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  11. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

A lovely garden of flowers... [​IMG]

jrs99, Adam Crow, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.