The Black Sails Saga - Part II - Tenebris Harbor and Beyond

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris heard the noises from outside and was not sure if it was an invasion, one of the ladies from the Brothel outside of town or a lover's quarrel yet he got up from his bed and put on his clothes quickly. He climbed down the ladder and noticed Lily Byrd and Captain Violet Green talking to the server next to the bar in Pirate's Cove. He had met Lily before in one of the Zog Cabal tavern gatherings yet he had never met the lady with her. Brief introductions were made and Boris looked to see Lady Catherine Rose appear and greet them.

Everything seemed to be normal then he heard her voice and there was urgency as Trinity ran up to them. She mentioned something about catching a thief who she had ready for questioning. Boris had an idea how the questioning might end.

"Ladies, it seems we have an unwelcome visitor who must be questioned, ye are free to join us at the "Tempest" but be aware that the questioning method may be a bit disturbing"

Boris looked at Trinity who smiled knowing what he meant yet all agreed to follow Trinity back to the "Tempest". Along the way they ran into Adam Crow who Boris recognized from before. He had purchased many of Adam's crafts and he also asked him to join him. He knew that someone in this group may recognize this unwelcome visitor..

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

"We'll figure out where to put these supplies in the morning. Head over to that massive dragon statue near the docks." Adam instructed, as he motioned to the huge statue in the distance. As the wagon got closer, Adam pointed at the Inn nearby and said, "I'll keep an eye on the wagon, you guys take this and get some food and rest." he handed each man a satchel of gold coins and they cheered as they walked into the Inn.

Adam muttered something under his breath and held out his hand, nothing happened. He muttered the words again, still nothing. He looked around and let out a piercing whistle, moments later the crow landed in his hand, with a beakful of worms. "Sorry to bother you," he said with a chuckle as the crow finished swallowing the worms. He stared at the crow for a moment and then the bird flew out of his hand and perched itself on top of the wagon.

Just then he heard his name called out, as he turned around he saw a familiar face. He saluted Boris, and said, "Good to see you again Captain Mondragon, what's going on?" He could tell by the concerned look on the Captains face that something was up. Boris greeted Adam and quickly briefed him on the recent events and told him about the unwelcome visitor. Adam offered his support and followed Boris to Trinity's ship.

3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Razulah heard the commotion from his quarters on the drydocked "Dragon". Noises and activity did not bother him and as a matter of fact he enjoyed it. He was worried about his captain and decided it was time to do something about that elusive black garlic, the days passed and he could not bare the thought of that temporary antidote wearing off Boris. It was time for action and he knew who might have an answer. He prepared his pouch with several reagents, grabbed his two handed hammer and grabbed two scrolls in order to travel quickly. He hated using these scrolls to travel and would only use them in a dire emergency.

Razulah also had to let his old friend Duke William know there was urgency and he wrote a small note which he attached to the leg of the black seagull. He looked at the bird up close and sensed the concern in his faithful messenger. "Fly like the wind and seek Duke William old friend. Time is of the essence and a commodity we do not have to spare at the moment"

He released the bird and saw it head due South. He remembered the exact words as night fell upon Dragomir Mori.

"Duke Wiiliam, I must seek your help and that of your Archmage Magnus, I will be there tomorrow. Your help may save Boris if we act swiftly"

He would leave early the next morning as he would make final preparations. He was busy preparing his backpack as the quartermaster stepped into his quarters.

"Mr. Razulah, we have great news, the "Dragon" is seaworthy again." The man could not contain himself and the joy poured from him. He knew Boris was stressed seeing ships come and go from Dragomir while his was drydocked. No matter how hard they tried to fix the sails it seemed the winds and a spell cast on it would shred them yet this time he noticed the difference as he stepped upon the top deck. He asked the quartermaster what made the difference and saw the smile on the man's face.

"Mr. Razulah I have no idea as we used the same available materials yet last night as I looked towards the sea on my watch I saw her. The Sea Goddess close to shore, I grabbed my spyglass and saw her approach the shore in her luminescent form. She raised her arms and blew in the direction of our ship. I heard the sounds of lightning and knew she had broken the spell cast upon the "Dragon". As you can see and touch, these new sails now have a stronger texture and can withstand the strong winds unlike all the others we used. We will take her down to the water tomorrow. "

Maybe the Sea Goddess had plans in her mind on how to defeat the Obsidian Lord, Yet who knows for sure as the gods used methods us humans cannot understand in the games they play with our hearts and our minds.

4. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Trinity led the group as they ran toward the boat at the end of the dock in Port Dragomir to take them to question the stranger onboard The Tempest.

As they neared the end of the dock, Trinity became frozen as she seemed caught in a blue swirling vortex.

Everyone in the group stopped, watched with wide-eyed amazement. CatherineRose pulled her spear to attack what ever this thing was. Trinity seemed to know exactly what it was and shouted to the group.

"I am not in danger!"
    "I am being summoned and I will not stop this"
    "Continue to The Tempest and question the stranger"

"Peg has him well secured on the torture deck of The Tempest"

As she faded into the blue vortex her final words were:

"Don't worry or try to follow me, I will return when I can"

With those words, the vortex climaxed into a puff of blue smoke and she was gone.
    The group continued to The Tempest where Peg was waiting their arrival.
    The explained that Trinity was not with them and what happened.
    Peg seemed unconcerned. He seemed to know where she had been taken.

Peg led the group to the top deck where the prisoner was guarded and bound.

5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I awoke this day with a mission planned which was told to no other.. The figure, I recognized as my mother, in my dream gave instructions to tell no one but to go at daybreak as the orange sun was rising. I was to go in silence after bathing in perfume of the blue rose.

[​IMG]

The white cloud blew in the wind from the shore out to sea. My heart was racing in my chest.

[​IMG]

The wind torn off my dress yet I stood facing the wind. My body seemed to have strength beyond what normally is present and as I raised my hands I heard my own voice cry out "Besmara, goddess of the seas and waterways beyond the Maelstrom. I offer to you all I am and will become.

[​IMG]

Please carry this message to the Sea Goddess of our wide and open seas. Please may she find me worthy to entreat her on behalf of the pirate Boris Mondragon. Razulah, his faithful companion is, as you know, searching for the final ingredients needed to make the permanent antidote to clear the mortal poison which felled him during the battle in New Heaven. I ask this day to bring Razulah to the place he needs to be.

When I was growing up I heard my father one time intreat her through you on behalf of my mother who was gravely ill. It was too late for my mother to be brought from the realm of the dead and she joined her ancestors in their journey in the Great Beyond. This is why am here this day I do not want to be too late to offer all I am on behalf of Boris. He has been a faithful friend of mine and even in many years past when he became friends with my father and with my husband.

The cloud raised into the wind and I ran forward into the sea.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Adam followed the rest of the group up to the top deck of the Tempest, and realized he had seen their captive before. He motioned for Boris, Catherine, and the rest of the crew to huddle around so he could fill them in...

Two weeks earlier

Adam was walking by the obsidian ruins in Kahli on his way to Boreus Village, when he heard something. He stopped for a moment to listen and look around, and then stealthily approached the noises coming from the ruins.

Adam could hear what sounded like digging, so he peaked around the corner and could see a tall thin man digging frantically. He was facing the opposite direction, so Adam decided to sneak a bit closer to get a better look. There were countless holes all over the place, it seemed quite evident that this guy had been at it for a while. The man looked a bit unsavory and was very dirty and sweaty from all the digging so Adam decided to just leave him be. He figured he was just some poor gravedigger or treasure hunter looking to find something valuable and had no interest in socializing with him, so he left the ruins and headed to Boreus Village.

An hour later, Adam had finished his business in the village, and decided to take another look around the ruins before leaving Kahli. The tall thin man was nowhere to be seen and strangely enough all the holes were gone. Adam looked around a bit with a puzzled look on his face. There wasn't even loose dirt or any signs of digging whatsoever. He felt a bit uneasy as he realized he should have stuck around to see what happened. Adam shrugged and headed out of town.

After he finished, he looked at the group and asked, "Let me see what I can find out." Everyone nodded and Adam walked over to the unwelcome visitor.

He placed his hand on top of the man's head, who immediately tried to shake it off. "What were you doing in Kahli two weeks ago? I saw you in the ruins digging holes? What we're you looking for?"

Due to the restraints, the man couldn't shake Adam's hand off the top of his head, but he kept trying nonetheless. "Nothing! I don't know what your talking about!" Then all of a sudden the man turned white as a ghost and he felt like his entire body was on fire. He screamed in agony for a few seconds and then Adam removed his hand and he went almost totally limp.

"What were you looking for?" Adam asked again.

"He wouldn't tell me, I don't know, I swear! He just told me to search the ruins in Kahli, but I didn't find anything!"

"Who told you to do this?"

"I don't know, it was dark! I couldn't see his face!" he answered, as Adam started to place his hand on his head again. "No, please don't! I swear I don't know. He was dressed all in black and it was too dark, I couldn't see much! He said he would find me once I found what he needed! But I never found anything, I swear!"

Adam pulled his hand back and walked back to the group. Boris was giving him a questioning look and said,"What did you do to him?"

Adam just smirked and replied,"Just a little mind trick, he's fine. Well for now anyways. He's all yours!"

7. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris knew Catherine did not want to see the man and heard her excuse herself from the interrogation. He would brief her later as soon as the task was done. He approached the man and had listened to him speak to Adam yet there was something wrong with the man's voice and he had a keen ear for sounds.

As he was about to speak he heard a rush of air and a crackle. She appeared just as fast as she had vanished.

"Captain Trinity, I am glad you are back as I need your help with one of your items to help the process"

She stepped up next to him with a questioning look in her eyes which she narrowed not knowing what to expect.

"Captain Trinity; I only need one of your shoes for a minute and promise to give it back to you. See my ……..boot is too big and wide and will not fit".

Boris smiled at her as she gave him her left shoe and proceeded to grab the thief by the nose closing it completely so he could not breathe. The man opened his mouth and Boris wedged Trinity's shoe in it as far as he could. The rest was easy and as he suspected he man had two small pieces of paper wedged in his mouth. He had folded them into a small square so they were difficult to detect. Boris grabbed a pair of smelting tongs and missed the first time pulling out a tooth.

"Oops it seems I just have a tendency to aim in the general direction and lt goes where it goes. He winked at Trinity as he said that. Boris then aimed carefully this time and pulled out the two small pieces of paper from the thief's mouth. He placed them in a small bag for Catherine to inspect then turned back to the helpless naked man and to Triniity.

"I don't think this specimen qualifies for your collection does it ? I will leave the rest of the process in your very capable hands yet feels he deserves a chance to live. How about we tie him to the ladder leading to the sea and if he wakes up alive tomorrow we let him go, if not then the sharks had dinner on us".

Boris heard his voice as the crew yelled at him from next to the Tempest.

'Captain, we docked the "Dragon" next to the Tempest. She is seaworthy again"

Boris wiped Trinity's shoe off with his pants leg and gave it back to her.

'I guess we are neighbors Captain Trinity. Mayhaps the Sea Goddess has future plans for us both" He smiled at her again as he walked to the ladder and descended onto the plank. He had go feel his ship sway again, it had been too long a wait.

8. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Trinity returned to Port Dragomir in a blue vortex the same way she left.
    Boris was excitedly interrogating the prisoner and paid little attention to Trinity's return.
    He did not seem concerned about where she had been.
    Boris is just like all pirates... Trinity smiles instead of finishing the thought.
    [​IMG]
    If he only knew how true that was !

Trinity had no desire to interrogate the prisoner, he was of no further use to anyone here.
    Once a thief, always a thief, he is better as an example to any other thieves that come this way.

"Peg, Hang the prisoner on the gallows"
    "Leave his body up there until it begins to smell then throw it to the sharks"

"I will be in my stateroom, only a Dirae emergency warrants disturbing me"

The crew understood that she had not mispoken the word Dire.
    They were very knowledgeable about the prophecy and what Captain Trinity meant.
    Peg carried out the captains orders and assembled the crew for instructions to be on alert condition orange.

The crew had witnessed the vortex summonsing Trinity in the past and they knew troubled days were eminent. There was no time to worry and fear, now was the time to prepare and train.

The Tempest will be ready and victorious.

In her stateroom, Trinity bathed and soaked in the tub.
    She always felt so dirty after vortex experiences.
    A hot bath and sleep were the only way to feel like a lady again.
    [​IMG]
    Trinity knew The Tempest and her crew would be ready for the coming terror.
    But the people of Dragomir... Would they be ready? Would they abandon the town from fear.

CatherineRose is a warrior but she is also an innocent duchess.
    Would she be strong enough to fight through the wounds and the pain of seeing her city destroyed?
    The approaching terror is worse than anything they had ever seen.
    [​IMG]
    As visions of the vortex filled her thoughts she saw her brother Zane as he played in the field on the day he was murdered. They were so happy then. Not a care in the world. Zane was so sweet, and so lively and, and...

She sat straight up in bed and SCREAMED:
    "Zane!!! RUN!!! Run away my love"

"THOSE DAMN OBSIDIANS."

"I swear, I will kill every one of them to avenge what they did to you"
    "Rest now, my sweet brother, we have a quest to fulfill"
    "I love you..."
    "I will never forget you..."

Trinity's words fell into a soft sobbing and finally sleep...

9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

As the sun rises over Dragomir...………

Boris return from his early morning swim nearing the dock when the sharp pains hit him. He lost his breath for a quick second then swam faster until he climbed the ladder to the dock and reached his clothes. He looked at the source of the pain seeing the two scars from the stab wounds had healed well yet hat taken a reddish color. He realized the antidote was wearing off. He would not tell anyone but his crew that they had to reach the vortex and head to the old lands for another temporary dose.

He stepped up the ladder to his stateroom and sat down to write a note but first read the one Razulah left him the day before again and carefully.

"Captain, I am heading to Serenite to visit William. I hope to find a way to convert the garlic I carry into Black garlic. I will prepare the potion to cure you of the poison once and for all. Time is of the essence and I must rush using one of those Novian scrolls that I detest but tis the only way to expedite the process. I will return as soon as time allows. Razulah."

He thought of the loyalty this man displayed from that moment years ago when Boris killed the slaver on the docks of Brittany and they stole that ship that now is called "The Dragon".

He took his quill and a piece of parchment preparing a note for Catherine.

"My dear lady Catherine. I must depart Dragomir on what I hope is a short voyage to the old lands. Time is of the essence and I must leave you a note in lieu of telling you in parson. I hope you understand and also hope to be back soon. Please leave Captain Trinity in charge of the fleet during my absence.. Always at your service. R/Boris"

He stepped onto the deck clapping his hands three times in succession as he watched the black seagull come down from the crows nest. He tied the note to the bird and sent it towards the Misti Sea.

He assembled the crew on the main deck quickly.

"Men, tis time we sail as the winds are favorable and we must reach the Vortex when it opens. We sail to the old lands."

The men yelled in joy at the thought of being out a sea once more. It had been too long on shore for the entire crew and its captain. One voice rose in unison.

"One Ship, One Path, One Rruth."

As night fell on the open Novian seas...……..

The moon was full and the apparition was sudden and within one mile of Starboard. A phantom ship that seemed to cast an omen of what was to come. Boris listened to One Eyed Jack yell

"Sails Captain, starboard one league away".

The gunner came up quickly. "Do we fire upon it ?"

"No, we follow it , I have a hunch this one will lead the way and its the spirit of a ghost captain who knows the reason for o9ur journey. Helmsman follow its course".

The "Dragon" sailed out of Port Dragomir quietly and covered many leagues before seeing the apparition as the night fell. This was not the Sea Goddess, it was an apparition from the beyond on a phantom ship.

(Credits to Adrian Von Ziegler for the music).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  10. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

After a disturbed night with little sleep Trinity was still tossing and turning near dawn.

She heard Captain Boris as he went for his early morning swim.
    Being the curious type, she observed many things around her.
    On several occasions, she had seen him leaving the ship before dawn and wondered where he was going.
    From the helm of The Tempest, she had watched him through her telescope and seen his ritual of swimming in the buff. She did not think this strange since everyone has some quirk that drives them such as this.

This morning seemed different. The ritual was the same but the way he walked and swam was not the same.
    Trinity sensed he needed an extra measure of protection around him so she got dressed and ran across the dock to his ship and asked to come aboard of the crew member on duty.

Once on board the Dragon, she climbed to the crows nest and called 'Soothing Rain' upon the ship with a long duration.
    [​IMG] *** [​IMG]
    She climbed back down before Captain Boris returned, thanked the guard and went back to The Tempest to have a warm bath and some breakfast.

She knew Captain Boris would not accept the gift of 'Soothing Rain' protection so she is glad it was completed before he returned from his morning swim.

Peg alerted her that the Dragon was preparing to set sail and she watched as it left Port Dragomir. Not knowing the Dragon's destination, she was glad the 'Soothing Rain" spell would give an added protection and comfort to the journey.

Godspeed my friend.

11. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I opened my eyes and out the portal of my room I saw the black seagull softy land.

I quickly grabbed a dressing gown and ran out to greet Boris's bird. When I approached and gave him a morsel of food I realized he was not just visiting me , like he often does wanting to get special treats, but he had a message tied to his leg.

With hands trembling I untied the and read the short message.

"My Lady!" I will take breakfast in about an hour rather than now for a must see Captain Trinity right away. Please bring me my morning attire."

"Captain Trinity!" "Trinity, may I come aboard and sit with you a few minutes please?
    Yes, tea would be very nice , Thank you."

"Trinity, I have just received a message from Captain Boris with a request from him for you.
    He and Razulah left quite early on the Dragon in route for the Old Land. They are in search of the final ingredient for the permanent poison antidote and will return as soon as possible. "

"Captain Boris has requested that I ask you to take leadership of the fleet until his return. He trusts that your knowledge and ability will see you through any decisions that are needed to be made during his absence as well as any crisis that you may face."

"You have proven that you are a strong warrior both in battle and in mind.
    If I can help you in any way please let me know."

"Thank you for the tea."

I stood to go and hugged my friend.

I will take my leave now and smiled as I waved good bye.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  12. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

For two days the 'Dragon" followed the "Stormcrow" yes nay a sign of any crewmebers aboard the ghost ship. She shined at night with an eerie luminosity that allowed her to be followed then suddenly stillness. Both ships lay there motionless only 50 meters apart when Boris called out.

"Longboat, I will board her myself."

He motioned for one guard and One Eyed Jack to come with him. All three men lowered themselves onto the longboat and rowed silently to the ghost ship. One-Eyed Jack was shaking like a leaf murmuring about Davey Jones and his locker then about a flying Dutchman. The guard also turned pale as they grabbed a bold of the ladder when Boris turned around.

"Now listen the two of you or you will be shark meat tonight. There is no Flying Dutchman nor a Davy Jones or whatever you want to call those stories. If there was I would have made him the Sinking Dutchman and Davy would not longer have any jones left in him" He knew about those stories used to scare fishermen and children and would have none of it form the crew of the "Dragon".

They climbed aboard the ship and searched with no luck, a dozen skeletons without sign of any battle. Boris knew all ships had one particular secret compartment and looked in the gun deck towards the back. He presses the wall area until it opened with a loud creak. There was a desk with a book and a quill. On the chair was the skeletal remains of what would be the captain of this ghost ship.

Both One Eyed Jack and the guard stood there frozen then relaxed with another stare from Boris.

"Men keep an eye open in case any of these skeletons come to life. I will be busy for a while reading the Captain's Log.

He opened the log book to see two black medallions side by side on the first page. It was strange beyond anything he had seen before. He put one hand on each medallion as if asked then felt sensations he could not describe. This was pleasure unknown to him as if a drug had take over his very being. Then he heard the voice of the skeletal captain. Ahh finally I can tell my tale. I am Matthaus Stormcrow and my ship was boarded by one woman 40 years ago in Dragomir while on a brief resupply run. She needed passage to Brittany and paid handsomely so I accepted. She was a mysterious woman with raven colored hair, caramel skin and green eyes. A goddess I thought as I could not contain myself from staring at her. She carried a black medallion around her neck and I could hear her speak to it. I could also hear voices speak back at her. The last thing I remember was her saying forty years from now a man will come to this ship and he will be mine for eternity. He will sire the true Obsidian Pirate King and he will not be able to avoid me."

Boris then heard her voice, it was the same woman he had met back in Aerie just before the great battle. This Obsidian Nymph would haunt him for eternity until she got his seed for some dark ritual. He heard her voice.

"You know who I am, Aerie was just an introduction my dear Captain Mondragon. That day the Pirate Queen of Dragomir got in my way but she will not once we destroy her and her city. I will not stop until you are mine".

Boris stepped back and took his hands off the medallions. He felt the pain on his abdomen and knew it was her that had him poisoned. He took the log book with him along with the two medallions. He put them in Captain Stormcrow's satchel and waved for One Eyed Jack and the guard to come along with him. Both men stopped at once.

"Captain, there is something you need to know. I was talking to the guard and we both forgot to tell you something. Just before we left Dragomir Captain Trinity came to the "Dragon" while you were swimming, She said she had permission to come aboard so the guard here let he aboard and she quickly climbed up to the crow's nest. I was on the other mast crow nest and stayed out of her sight. She cast some kind of a spell just before you arrived. I still remember her words and her perfumed scent. I hope you do not make her upset as seems to be a powerful sorceress".

Boris looked at both men and just smiled.

"She is quite exotic and I suggest neither of you ever make any suggestive comments unless you want to lose a valuable part of your body." Boris pointed to their private areas and turned toward the ship's ladder holding back a laugh. He heard the men murmuring but knew they would keep what they saw or heard to themselves.

They lowered themselves onto the longboat, rowed back to the "Dragon". The "Stormcrow" vanished as the men looked towards her. The Vortex began to materialize ahead of both ships and Boris called out to the men.

"Hoist the sails and pull the anchor men, we go forward through the Vortex. "

13. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... Meanwhile in Dragomir Mori ...
    (The day before Boris Mondragon left Dragomir Mori)

Things happened very fast the last day! After I came back from the battle, I slept for one day.
    Early morning I got up, took a bath at the shore and followed my friends to a meeting with Lady Catherine.
    It was about preparing for a fight. Unfortunately, the threat was not over.
    Adam Crow arrived and we took a drink together, talking about what happened and what could happen.

Ariel asked Lady Catherine and Boris Mondragon to sit at our table.
    She told them about the information Zan sent yesterday with Ariels magical dove and where Kardan, Samael and Dupre had gone.

"The Hidden Vale?", Boris asked astonished.
    "Why - I don't understand ...", Catherine added.
    "Well", the warrior of Love answered. "We shouldn't forget the presence of Obsidians in the hidden Vale. I assume, this special place, where your father and all other captains slayed them, was there ..."
    Catherine took a deep breath. "He never told me about ..."
    Fiona smiled: "Why should he tell you about something happened so many years before? The Captains did what was necessary to make this world a safer one ..."
    Catherine nodded. "Until these days, until these days ..." She swallowed, while a tear was running down her cheek ...
    Boris nodded. "That is for sure ONE reason for this murder! Anotherone I think are"
    "the items you found in Catherine father's chest!", I finished his sentence.
    "Wait - did not Zan told in his letter, they were advised to dig those medaillons?", Fiona asked.
    "Yes, that's true.", Ariel answered.

The warrior of love nodded. "We were so focused on those medaillons! May be their attack wasn't just for revenge!"
    "What do you mean?", Catherine asked turning her head to him.
    "I mean, Milady, those items in your father's chest could be the reason for the assault! There must be something special with those items - something powerful!"
    "But - why now? Why not years ago?", Boris asked more to himself.

"Who knows?", Ariel said. "May be they did not know who had taken these items? Or may be they need them or at least one of them NOW for a reason we don't know - yet!"

I took a deep breath. "So we should decide what to do with them - if it is right, what you think, and I would bet on it - we should bring them to a very safe place ..."
    Fiona nodded. "Yes, and we should follow our friends to The Hidden Vale. I fear they are in great danger, if they reach their target - whatever this Harry is telling them!"

So we decided, Ariel, Fiona, the Warrior of love and I should follow them as soon as possible.

... half an hour later at the shore ...
    After a good meal I took a walk to the shore until we would leave in half an hour.
    I found Catherine, sitting there, her feets playing with the water.
    I walked by and asked: "May I have a seat beside, Milady?"
    She turned her head into my direction, smiled and nodded, while her left hand made a 'welcome' sign.
    I took of my boots and my feets enjoyed the water ...
    So we sat a few minutes, saying nothing, while we were watching the flow of water, enjoying the warming sun on our skin and the silence ...
    Silence can heal our hearts - if we learn to listen - I heard a kind of voice in my head.
    I must have heard this back in time from someone, but couldn't remember. However, it was the first time in my life I could feel the meaning of it ...

After a while Catherine said: "I appreciate, what all of you are doing."
    I smiled. "And all of us appreciate what you are doing - not only for us, for everybody around this town. You are a very generous person."
    "Don't make me blushing, young man!"
    "That was not my intention. But there is no reason to blush. And even if: it would only confirm my words and show your virtue ..."
    She smiled again and than suddenly got very serious. "Listen, Michael. I want you to do me a favor."
    "Of course! Anything you want." I said nodding.
    "I knew you would say so. And because of this", saying this she took a small bundle of black fabric and gave it to me with the words:
    I want you to take this with you."
    I was very suprised. "What is it?"
    Catherine looked around to see if anyone was within earshot. She came closer to me, whispering some words into my ear.
    I was surprised! Really surprised! I shook my head, asking: "Are you sure this is the right way to handle this?"
    She nodded. "Even if they won this battle, they would lose the war ..."
    "But if they - what if they", I started to tell my doubt.
    Her eyes became severe, her hand laid on my hand, while she said in a clear voice: "There is no if - this is the way it has to go. They know nothing about - that's our advantage!"
    She put on her shoes, stood up and before she left she smiled like before, kissed my forehead and said: "Farewell, Avatar. I know we will succeed ..."

I took a really deep breath while I stared into the water ...

Five minutes later I heard someone from behind: "Paladin, time to go! It's a true thing, we have a long way to leave behind ..."
    It was Ariel. I put on my boots and turned around. Fiona was smiling. "A long lovely way lies infront of us. For sure we will have alot of time to sing lovely songs!"
    "Of course we will!", the warrior of love confirmed, while he handed me my backpack. "If you don't mind?", he said.
    "For sure." I said, while I started immedately to put the black fabric into my backpack.
    "What is this, Paladin?", Ariel asked.
    "Well ... a kind of 'life insurance' ...", I said, smiling.
    "A what? You and your outlandish words - well, we will have time so you can explain more about!"
    I smiled. "Sure, but let's start with singing ..."

So we left Dragomir Mori again, listen to Fiona's wonderful voice telling lovely stories ...
    To be honest I feared what may come. Here in Dragomir Mori and of course what we may find in the Hidden Vale ...

[to be continued]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  14. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Razluah arrived at Williams shores on traders ships that come from Dragomir. William always arrvies at the docks hoping to catch a glimpse of the beautiful Duchess Catherine Rose. Their ships always have the dutchess' colors and dragons symbol. With a sad sigh he did not see the dutchess. Then on William's return he noticed Razulah at the docks waving at him. William's heart just sank and he looked at Razulah with at look of fear.

William said "Is he ok?"
    Razulah replied "Why do you worry so much about the Pirate?"
    William replied "Because he thinks he can save the world and these things come with a price, you know that better than anyone. Is he ok?"
    Razulah replied "Yes he is sort of in a pickle and needs your magicians help to aquire a rare ingredient called Black Garlic for his cure."
    William replied "Its never easy with him is it?" Williams looks towards the wizards tower "Come lets pay the magus a visit."

William and Razulah headed to visit Magnus at The Tower of Magic. William mentions to Razulah "We can make the garlic, just some of the ingredients can be difficult. Please send the Duchess Catherine my regards.

As William nears Magnus' door a clockwork robot opens the door and says "Welcome Lord William and friend. Please enter."

Magnus is walking down the stairs, "I have yet to delve into clockwork creations so I traded this one for some of my necromantic concoctions. He can do so many things and never forgets. The marvel of such technology."

William interrupts. "Sorry its Boris, he needs black garlic." Magnus replies, "the last time we aquired the ingredients for that was to create the Kings Guard. Well we will need a unicorns head, the heart of a demon and garlic."

Are you kidding me Magnus a heart of a demon? Last time I went there with a party I was sent home packing. Well Razulah I dont suppose we have much time, you work on the unicorn blood and I will find the heart, somehow.

They both leave on their quest, Razulah takes to some woods near Serenite where William mentioned he had seen the elusive creatures. William started to look around the vendors in Serenite, and look and behold there is a Heart of Vrul on Macs vendor! William pays Mac's steep price(just kidding Lol) and pockets the heart into a sack. William then takes some time to do some fishing while Razulah gets the unicorn heart. After some time Razulah returns and notices William fishing. Ralulah mentions, you aquire the heart? William yes, bought it from a vendor. William chuckles as razulah laughed!

With the ingredients in Magnus' lab he was able to infuse them together into a hardened piece of black garlic. Magnus hands the garlic to Razulah and tells him you have two nights before it loses its potency. So wherever you need to be, you best leave now.

Razulah jumped to his feet yelled out a thank you and quickly ran to the docks, and jumped on a ship. He then by force took control of the ship and started trying to leave. William arrived as he and some shipmates were arguing. William looked at everyone as they paused. Are we ready to sail? If not we leave in 5 minutes, the crew scrambles around and left Serenite's shores.

I just want to make sure the garlic makes it there in once piece, and one more glimpse of the beautiful duchess can't hurt William winks at Razulah as he smack him on the shoulder in gest. Razulah gives him the sly devil look as he takes a swig of rum from his cannister.

15. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris was surprised at how calm the sail thorugh the Vortex was and they made a quick arrival at Trinsic Port. He knew the way back to through the jungles and by nightfall had arrived at the village. He was greeted by the village folk and let directly to the Lady Laura's hut. He remembered so many years ago when he had been led there to have his future revealed. He hugged his mother and father yet was quickly pointed to Lady Laura.

Laura smiled at what that young man from 20 years ago had become, she asked the others to step outside while she examined him. She asked him to remove all his clothing and he did without hesitation. This woman was the local seeress and sorceress., her word carried a lot of weight in the tribe. She smiled at him and whispered "Woman trouble again Boris, I know all your troubles stem from your deep desires."

She noticed the stab wounds were red, the poison was still in his body at the point of entry.

"I cannot cleanse them as someone else has cast a protection spell on you. A very powerful one indeed. I have not seen anything like this in many decades. whomever did this knows what they are doing and its the only reason you are standing here alive at the moment. It is a water spell so she must be a follower of the Sea Goddess. Its only temporary and will last a few days yet I will give you a temporary antidote to buy you time to get back and have a permanent antidote prepared. I do not have any permanent antidotes here that can counter something that happened in the other lands. One advice I will give you, do not betray the one that cast this spell on you or beware the consequences. Always respect the daughters of the Sea Goddess and I see at least two of them in my visions. Now hurry back as you must return before the Vortex closes or you will not arrive back in time".

She kissed his forehead and let Boris out of her tent with her blessing.

His parents wanted him to stay for a feast but knew time was of the essence. They had him escorted by a dozen warriors back to Trinsic Port from which the "Dragon" headed back through the Vortex and followed the "Stormcrow" back towards Dragomir.

16. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

He gazed at Trinsic Port as the "Dragon" pulled away and wondered when he would be back again. This was home to Boris and it called to him from time to time. For hours they sailed as the night fell and the vortex loomed ahead, dark and foreboding to many who would not venture past it and return to tell about it. Again they passed it and he realized it was the spell cast on the ship that had something to do with it. He knew deep inside she had something to do with it and would thank her personally upon his return if she was around. She was like the sea after all, a woman of passion yet with a soft side it seemed. More like an unsolvable mystery, one the gods would not allow him to unravel. He looked up at the sky above the Novian sea and just smiled realizing everything has a reason and a purpose after all.

His thoughts raced suddenly as the wind picked up and so did the waves. Time to stop daydreaming and get serious behind the helm. The "Stormcrow" was following at a half league distance behind the "Dragon". It seemed the gods wanted this ship to arrive at Dragomir for a reason. He signaled the helmsman to take over and kept his eyes moving between the sea ahead and the phantom ship behind. The thoughts of adventure gave him strength and the pain had not returned. He looked at the antidote knowing this would buy him time until Razulah returned with the black garlic. The man had never let him down before and he knew never would. His thoughts turned to Dragomir and Catherine, he hoped that all had gone well in his absence as he packed his pipe with the herbs he brought back from Trinsic.

He inhaled deeply and a big smile formed on his face as he looked at the pipe. "Ahh best herbs on the old and new lands without a doubt. He felt his mind focused and clear while his body relaxed. This was euphoria at its best, it would be a pleasant sail back to his new home.

"Land ahead Captain" , One Eyed Jack smiled down at him. There would be rum and good times ahead he thought. The lights of Dragomir faded as the sun rose slowly. They docked quietly they thought as there was a ruckus on shore. He laughed and thought Captain Trinity must have upset some of the locals somehow yet his mood was light and he could not wait to go drinking tonight regardless of the consequences. He always received a message from the tavern that met on special days and he knew tonight would be one of those. He needed rum, women and song. He left the antidote next to his bed, bathed and put on his finest outfit. Tomorrow would be another day yet today would be a night of sin and pleasure even if it could be his last amongst the living.

17. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Hopefully the Sea Goddess will lead Razulah quickly to Serenite as he searches for the way to convert the garlic he took with him and return from seeing Duke William with this information.

I hope it is not too late.

As the day progresses and the work of preparation for battle continues I see Stu running toward me. He hands me a black bag and said as he turned around to head back from the direction he came "this bag is from Boris during the interrogation of the thief on the Tempest".

"I will take this bag and it's contents to my room on the Misti Sea. I am thankful I was not present to witness the fate of the thief. Boris told me that the interrogation of the man by he and Captain Trinity could be an agonizing sight to witness, I have witnessed many such sights over many years, however, because this man could have the knowledge of why my father was murdered I know that my judgement would be impaired If I found that to be true. Although I want to know if the man has this knowledge I want more to know the truth without the clouding of my judgement with anger.

"Hello, Snow, come with me we shall go to our private place by the shore of Port Dragomir and open this bag together." Snow settled her soft white feathers on a small log as we sat on the sea grass. I dangled my feet in the shore of the lake enjoyed the water around me feet. Although my heart was pounding with anticipation as to the contents of this little black bag I wanted to be calm with my mind fully alert for it seemed as if this bag was of great importance. I had the same feeling deep inside me when Boris and I opened the chest in my fathers secret room.

As I opened the bag I said "Snow, how strange this is".

There in the bag were two small folded pieces of paper.
    I carefully began to unfold the very small squares of paper. There written on the two papers are notes to me!

"What? Why?"

I did not see Paladin Michael as he approached because I was deep in thought over the the notes I just read and the happenings over these recent days. Since I first met Paladin Michael I started calling him Michael for his name is full of beautiful meaning. Over these years he has consistently lived his name of "like God, an archangel sent to carry out God's judgments. He has always used judgement in a wise way. So, I always call him Michael as a reminder of who I want to be: a wise Duchess of Dragomor Mori responsible for all her citizens.

Michael sat down beside me, took his boots off and we both played with the water as the gentle waves washed over our feet.

After a while I said "Michael. Boris gave me this little bag in which he had placed two small folded pieces of paper taken from the thief during his interrogation.
    Please read these notes from Lily Byrd and Violet Green and tell me what you think about them."

Michael, while you read the notes I must go get something. I have a request of you so please sit here and I will be back shortly.

Upon my return we again read the notes together and talked about them.

Michael," I want you to do me a favor please". I handed him the bundle of black fabric I had left him here to go get. I need you to take this with you along with this bag with these notes to the Hidden Vale.
    I leaned in closer to him for I could not take a chance the wind carry what I wanted to say to any in earshot of the shore.

Michael said "Are you sure this is the right way to handle this?"
    I nodded. "Even if they won this battle, they would lose the war ..."

I reached for my shoes and put them on. As I stood up and went closer to Michael I could not help but smile at his concern. I leaned over to him and kissed him on the forehead .

" I know we will succeed ..."

18. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I was getting more and more restless as the days went by.

The worry that Boris became closer to death and would not make it back to Dragomir was taking it's tole on my mind. The death of my husband many years before, the battles that have been fought with so many residents killed or injured, the times when my dear friend Boris was injured yet each time returned stronger than before, my father and two other of my captains murdered in the middle of the night, our search for clues to answer so many question, the impending battle on Port Dragomir's shore and now the fear and concern that the permanent antidote to the poison raging through Boris's body may not be found in time is almost more than I can bare, Not since my husband died have I felt so weak and helpless.

Waking with a start I ran to the window of my castle on the hill Why did I chose to sleep here last night instead of on the Misti Sea where I had slept since my father was murdered?!

I quickly dressed and bid My Lady to bring some bread she made today to the Misti Sea.
    I'm sure Boris and the crew would be starved after the long trip home.

My heart was again pounding like it seems to do often lately as I took a dangerous shortcut over the very steep hill toward the shore.
    Now I can see the Dragon docked and the commotion on shore of various men around the......taver.... what another drydock ship where the Dragon had been during it's repair! How can that be.? The closer to the shore I got I realized the drydock ship that was now there looked so much like my father's childhood friend's ship. My father told me many stories of their friendship. When he would visit he and my father would take me aboard his ship and even allow me to listen to his tails of his adventures on the open sea.

Over the years of growing up his visits stopped. My father would often wonder what happened to his friend and his ship named "Stormcrow"

I stopped as my feet gripped the slippery sand and was thrown forward head first into a foamy wave as it made its way upon the shore. The wave poured over my head. Sand stayed in my hair and face when the water receded back to its place in the sea.

Upon opening my eyes to the burning of the sand and sea water I saw Boris , who was very drunk staggering toward me. He was with two women. They were in loud laughter over seeing a duchess with no dignity at all sprawled in the sand. Her dress was over her head with legs and arms spread out as if she were an octopus with four legs instead of eight.

I stood up as proper as I could. Their laughter continued although the women were attempting to stifle there giggles.

As I wiped wet sand from my face as if there were no problem at all I said " I am glad to see that you have returned in one piece Captain Boris. You are obviousely celebrating ...ummm...this day so please continue to do so...Captain and.....Ladies.

With as much determination as I could muster covered in sand and dripping wet I turned from them and said "Captain Boris, please come to my office later this afternoon. Farewell."

19. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I was half way back up the hill to my castle when I stopped and stood still as a statue. Due to the fall into the sand and being soaking wet when I say Boris and his ladies I just remembered that I saw the Dragon in her dock and when I looked over where the Dragon had been being repaired I saw a ship there.
    [​IMG]

I turned and started running as fast as I could. When I looked to where I thought I saw a ship there was no ship there. The Dragon had indeed taken sail and was now docked in her home at the end of Port Dragomir's main dock.

[​IMG]

Again I suddenly stopped as I saw an eerie glow rising out of the ground where the Dragon had been during her repairs. It looked as if a being, a ghost, a shadow that I could see through was covering the entire area. I could not take my eyes off this glow for it seemed to be talking to me demanding that I listen.

So, I stood and listened remembering what Michael, Paladin Michael had said a short time ago:
    "Silence can heal our hearts - if we learn to listen - I heard a kind of voice in my head."

There was the silence this eerie glow brought to the ground where the Dragon had once stood. "I will listen to the silence."

Michael spoke of a "kind of voice in my head." The silence covered me as I heard it's voice say "your father was my best friend. We shared so much life together for many years including my ship, Stormcrow, We sailed out to sea often together with you standing on the shore of your grandparents estate waving your tiny little hand as you watched us leave for another time. You always could sense when we would be near shore again and would be waiting for us with joy on your little face at seeing your father and his friend once again. I know you and your father wondered why I left one day and never returned. I have written all this down in the Captain's Log which you will find on board my ship. Read the log but be wary as you go forward in your life my little CatherineRose.

As I looked the ship disappeared as if it had been only a ghost or a remembrance from a dream. I continued to watch the area as the eerie glow seemed to come and go like a pulse of the heart in our body..

The glow became brighter and once again the ship appeared where the Dragon had once been.

[​IMG]

This was just too much for my mind to handle. I felt myself fall to the ground and rising up into the air, floating as I looked down on the ship and the rest of the fleet docked in Port Dragomir.

20. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Earlier that night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boris received the message about the weekly meeting hosted by the Zog Cabal. He got dressed as he preferred elegance over other things in all things he did. He looked at Dragomir Bay, and walked towards Aerie then towards its docks. The ferry to that fishing expedition area was quick and he met the usual crowd that gathered there. He greeted Elijah, @Alpha Fishstick , @Vladamir Begemot and the lovely Twilight Tempsest. Others there such as @Jay Nord, and a few others as well. Lively music, good rum provided by Elijah and conversation ensured. Some cast their fishing lines yet Boris was deep in thought over the last two days' events and just needed company, good rum and fresh air. The conversation led to the Phantom Ship and as usual he confided and exchanged information with Elijah. These communication channels throughout Novia were needed for their survival. Then the wanderlust kicked in and he said good night to all heading towards Aerie and afterwards Draromir.

The Aerie Tavern was fairly quiet and Boris needed noise, lots of it tonight so he headed to Dragomir and found that seedy tavern of ill repute hidden near the outskirts of the island. There was noise there provided by his crew members whom he recognized. They greeted him as he walked in and he felt at home with this loud and shameless crowd. This is what being a pirate means, to not care about anyone's opinion and live the day like its your last. He dropped a sack of gold on the counter with the owner and asked her to ensure his crew was taken care of. She smiled at him and pointed towards the table in the back. There were two gorgeous women sitting there and one helu up a bottle of rum for him so he proceeded. The first bottle of rum was almost done when another woman walked in, this one he recognized immediately. His eyes opened wide as she strode with that familiar sultry walk towards him. She gave each of the women seated there a small bag of coins and they quickly dispersed to attend the other customers.

"Marlena, how …." She put a hand over his mouth and whispered.

"Ahh Boris, its been months since the Sea Goddess lets me take human form and only for a few hours, I have missed your touch." She grabbed him by the arm and led him upstairs with a giggle. They ravaged each other as in the past with no commitment, no promises., this was pure animal lust to reach unimagined heights of pure pleasure. Two hours later she got up and put on her attire. She blew a kiss at him as she opened the door. "We shall meet again".

Boris stood there trying to process the events which happened so fast he had no words for them. He walked back downstairs and sat with his crew to drink more rum. The helmsman smiled at him.

"Captain, with all due respect that was quite a commotion upstairs, who was that goddess you were with."

"Brother, that was someone from my past and we had unfinished business". He grinned as he downed the rest of the rum bottle in one swig. He walked towards the door when the other two ladies from early that evening asked if they could walk with him back to town. At this point it was who would carry whom on that long walk, All three managed to make it back towards the dock when they saw Lady Catherine fall from the wave crashing onto her. The women laughed and Boris could not contain himself , laughed briefly then shooed the women away. He managed a few slurred words.

"My laaaddyy Cattteeerinneeee.". As he tried to walk forward towards her he heard her words then fell forward on the sand. as she walked away from him. He lost consciousness and after all the rum, all the good times he felt empty inside once more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.