The Black Sails Saga - Part II - Tenebris Harbor and Beyond

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

"Ohhhh noooo! Boris what are you doing down there?"

[​IMG]
    I jumped off the side of the Misti Sea just missing the boards of the dock. " Boris. Boris! Captain Boris! Are you ok? I yelled at him.
    I ran to where he was lying motionless and my heart skipped a beat. I thought "he may be dead. The temporary poison antidote may have worn off.
    I knelt down next to him and reached out to touch him afraid he would be cold and stiff.

[​IMG]

Razulah and William you have come just in time. I was standing on the deck of the Misti Sea and looked down to see that Boris was just this. He has not moved an inch. At first I thought he was dead but he is still warm. He smells like he has had a lot of rum so I think he is drunk!

I need both of you to carry him to his room please. Put him on his bed and I will put some water in his tub while you are getting him undressed.

[​IMG]

Boris, you look dead. Oh, I know you can not hear me but I am glad you are not dead. By the way, do you remember what Captain Trinity said in New Heaven when she was about to administer the temporary poison antidote? She said to .......I looked up just then at hearing a familiar voice. Thank goodness you are here Duke William. We have a totally drunk captain who was just lying on the dock not moving a muscle. I thought he was dead but thank the sea gods he is still here breathing among the living.

"Razulah and William the water is ready him. "
    It was funny watching Razulah and William drag Boris across the floor and toss him into the tub.

[​IMG]
    He made quite a splash when he landed in the waterr...face down.

As soon as he hit the water it looked like a cannon had exploded under him and he shot straight up right into a standing position with a questioning look on his face. I could not stifle the laughter at that sight.

[​IMG]

Boris, I see you are still in the land of the living.

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

After distributing the supplies they had brought to Dragomir Mori, Adam decided he needed to gather up his men and head back to search the ruins in Kahli. Once he found them, he bound his spirit to the town and instructed Ithurel and Brady to do the same. "We may have to come back here at a moment's notice. I feel as though we will need to help defend the town if its attacked. I don't want to miss anything, and this is by far the fastest way to get back." He held out a scroll for each of them to take, and saw the annoyed look on their faces. "I know how you feel about these... do you have a better idea to allow us to return so quickly?" The two men shrugged, shook their heads no, and reluctantly took the scrolls.

Adam searched around for a bit, but didn't want to waste anymore time so he quickly wrote a note explaining his plans to leave for Kahli and handed it to the town crier along with a few gold coins. "Give this to Captain Boris the next time you see him!"

The three men quickly prepared the wagon for the trip and headed out of town. He was thinking that there could still be something hidden in those old ruins and Adam wanted to make sure whatever it was, it didn't fall into the wrong hands.

3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Whooshhh!!!!!!!! He felt the rush of the water on his body and he jumped instinctively. He looked and was about to curse when he saw Catherine laughing. Razulah and William laughed right along at the look of bewilderment Boris had. He glared at the three of them then also laughed and was glad whomever took off his clothes left his pants on to avoid a scandal. The laugh did not last long as he felt the sharp pain near both of his stab wounds. The had turned from red to a black color and he knew it was time for the temporary antidote.

"Razulah, I assume you obtained the black garlic am I right?"

"Aye Captain, Magnus prepared it for us and I think I have enough for a few permanent doses'".

William just grinned at Boris and could not hold back.

"I left Magnus preparing more black garlic as I know you will need more in the future due to your lifestyle. By the way be careful as this could cause unknown aphrodisiac effects on ye".

Boris looked at Catherine who had blushed furiously at William's remarks and gave him a scolding look.

Boris put on a shirt , shoes and his tricorn hat. He walked over to the night table and grabbed the vial that was there from earlier that day.

"I think its time for me to take the temporary antidote. Let me see if Captain Trinity is around as I heard she did the last required ceremony."

Boris, Razulah, Catherine and William all walked off the ship and onto the pier. The headed towards the "Tempest" and found Peg lowering some barrels off the ship. Boris approached him.

"Mister Peg, good morning to you and the others on the "Tempest". is Captain Trinity on deck by any chance. I need to speak to her urgently".

Peg shook his head. "No Captain, she must have been summoned and who knows if or when she will return. May I leave a message for her?"

"That will not be necessary Peg, I will take care of things by myself" Boris led the other 3 who now had a worried look on their face.

"Its a shame she is not here as I wanted to thank her for her assistance and never really made the time to do it but we must go to the beach and I will do the ceremony as best I can".

They walked to the beach across from the "Stormcrow" and Boris bid the three to stay behind him as took off his shirt and hat and entered the water until he was knee deep in it . He began to chant in the old tongue and followed his instincts. The Sea Goddess had brought him here. If it was meant for him to live he would and if it was time to pass the world of truth so be it. He spoke to her with his heart in his hands and at this point thought maybe his work here was done and it was time for someone else to carry the torch. So he spoke in the old tongue "Omi tutu, ana tutu , tutu laroye, maferefun Yemaya mother of all beings here I stand in your domain with this potion and leave it in your hands to bless it and temporarily stop the poison or let destiny take its course".

He kneeled , placed the closed container under the water for a minute then stood up. He drank some of it , poured some directly on the wounds and poured the last half over his head letting it run over his body. He then put the contained under water to collect some of her water. He raised it up to the sky and drank the remains.

He turned to Razulah, Catherine and William and amiled at them. "It is up to her now to decide, if I survive tonight then she decided my work is not over and Razulah you better get to work on that permanent antidote."

Razulah came up to him not believing what was occurring here as the seas picked up and lightning cracked without a cloud in sight. William and Catherine moved towards him yet Boris held up a hand.

"Leave me here tonight as I must confer with the Sea Goddess for some time. Go to the "Stormcroft" now, I feel there is magic in the air tonight and you will find many answers as you search onboard. Do not worry about me as I know if things do not work out I will have until mid day tomorrow to say goodbye. Hurry now while the magic sizzles."

He saw the look on William's face and just smiled at him. "Brother, go with her , help her find the answers she is looking for. The gods favor her tonight and it must be as they wish"

Razulah rushed back to the "Dragon" and Boris saw both William and Catherine rush towards the "Stormcrow". Tonight was a magic night and he would talk to the Sea Goddess until the next sunrise.

4. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

William, look at that perfectly clear sky yet the lightening and thunder is cracking like the sound of breaking trees. It is raging as if a mighty storm is present. The smell in the air is of perfumed roses and rain falling yet there are no roses here nor is it raining.

"CatherineRose."
    "CatherineRose!"

I turned around in a circle at the sound of the voice surrounding me. There was no one there so I continued with William toward the Stormcrow,

"CatherineRose, do not be alarmed. I, Captain Stormcrow, have been waiting to speak with you for many years. Now is the time."

"When you were just a child playing with your friend Trinity and her brother in the fields near your grandparents estate your laughter sang out your joy of life. I and your father would often dock at the castle of your estate and hear your voice yell "Father! Father, you are here again. Your father and I would arrive at the shore on either his quite old ship ( the one before he bought and christened the Misti Sea) or on my ship the Stormcrow. You would always beg for stories to be told of our adventures on the seas or stories of our riding the mighty dragons across the sky with Spirit galloping below trying to keep up with the flying dragons. The laughter of the dragons , Spirit and you along with Trinity and her brother were some of the sounds that were always the delight of my life. The love you had for animals and the ability to speak with them was always astonishing to me.

After Trinity's brother was murdered you vowed to take revenge on this Evil being. After time it became known that the Obsidian Lords had taken upon themselves to kill all in the land for they desired power beyond all else. Cities and towns and farms became terrorized as the evil grew.
    Over the months that followed her brother's death Trinity began her mission to rid all our world of these Obsidian Cabalist. She bought a ship and lived as if born a pirate instead of noble birth. She became ruthless and feared as no other had ever been before.

You grew into a young woman with many suitors yet none caught your eye. One day your father and I met a young man named Greggorie Dragomir. We both at the same time thought he may be just the man to be your husband so we requested that your grandparents invite him to meet them.

The following year we were pleased when your grandparents invited all the land to come and celebrate the marriage of their granddaughter and your daughter to Duke Greggorie Dragomir. It was a grand celebration with feast of food and much wine and rum. The ballroom held delighted dancers as they stayed until the wee morning hours.

There were many years of joy before a great battle brought much bloodshed and heartache to the land and to the town of Dragomir which you and Gregorrie had purchased following your marriage.

During this time you met quite by accident, however, I think it was not an accident but by the hand of the Sea Goddess who brought Boris Mondragon into your lives. Boris had been trained in the Navel Academy. He had fallen in love with the daughter of an admiral. On the day of graduation Boris was banned from graduating and accused of seeing the admirals daughter against policy. All the cadets laughed at him as he left in shame, hurt and anger. Her returned to the orphanage to find a former childhood friend.

Our time is of the essence for you to learn of the evil that has been crossing our land erupting in fierce battles often with many deaths as well. You will learn more of this at a later time. The Stormcrow is now anchored on dry land and will remain in Port Dragomir in Pirate Cove.

Boris became trustworthy friends with both your father and I which lasted until I and my crew met our deaths out at sea. Boris continued his great friendship with your father and promised your husband and your father to protect you for the rest of your life. Boris, before permanently docking the Dragon in Dragomir Mori would often visit you and your father. You would share a fine feast and rum as you enjoyed the time together.
    Boris had a weakness for women and rum. We often rescued him from the clutches of some women who would try to do him harm. However, the qualities of the skill of a great swordsman of honor,care and fairness far outweighed this desire for women and drink.

His reputation as The Elegant Pirate brought other Captains to want to know more of this man of the seas. Often others requested Captain Boris Mondragon to become part of his crew. As time continues you will learn more of Boris Mondragon, the Elegant Pirate.

Come on board and open every door, every drawer and look in every crevice. You will find my log book which I not only recorded the happenings of the ship and crew activities but the information you would need to know one day when you arrived. The Sea Goddess had predicted you would arrive and with the magic of the sea you would be able after all these years to know what these objects mean. I was instructed to hide all these objects which have power beyond any power known even to this day. There would be many evil and large men looking for all of these. They sought this unimaginable power to use in this great evil plan..

When Captain Boris Mondragon was poisoned I knew it would be just a short time before my final purpose would be fulfilled and I would be allowed to give you the answers through these objects you would need to fulfill your destiny. Your life, CatherineRose did not happen just by chance. Your marriage to Duke Greggorie Dragomir did not happen just by chance. Your friendship with me through your father did not happen just by chance. The Sea Goddess brought Boris into your life not just by chance but in order to fulfill his destiny as well.

Your destiny was designed many moons ago. Both you and Boris are meant to spend the rest of your lives finding and removing the Evil Obsidians.
    So, you are here on the Stormcrow to begin the search here which will lead to a battle on your soil and then lead you on to the land of Hidden Vale as you are led by Adam Crow and others toward the City with her outposts of Kahli.

Now you must find some powerful medallions which the Obsidians wish to find again and reclaim for they are part of the final quest they have been on all these years for the ultimate power of permanent evil life with permanent evil power. These objects which if found and placed altoghether will give communication with all the universe and allow the eradication of all that was of peace and truth and love.
    Read the Stormcrow log now CatherineRose Find and take to safety these medallions and stop the destruction of the Evil Obsidians.

5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Hello Captain Boris. Captain Boris. I reached out and touched him not knowing why he did not speak. He seemed to be deep in thought or maybe in a trance.
    Hail Lady Catherine and Duke William. I was just remembering some of my past as I watching the Stormcrow nearing the dock. She will be pulled onto dry land and make her permanent home right where the Dragon had been during her repairs.

[​IMG]
    I could hear the Sea Goddess in my mind the day the Dragon ( her name was Sea Goddess until she was renamed at a later time the Dragon) became my ship. She had appeared on the sea then disappeared but reappeared just as qquickly. Just like the Stomcrow which appeared as if a ghost and then suddenly disappearing from sight. She then reappeared sailing toward the dock in Port Dragomir.
    The Sea Goddess whispered that day to me "take that ship and make her yours. I have looked out for you since you were left at the orphanage. One day I will share with you your true heritage. For now let them fear you for they will know that the Sea Goddess protects you." CatherineRose and Duke William it was on that day that I knew a pirate had been born."

Boris said "I look upon the Stormcrow and think of the voice I heard before the Dragon sailed into the Vortex just a short time ago. It was meant for the Stormcrow to find us that day for the Sea Goddess is continuing to lead us to the knowledge we need in order to find who the Captains murderer is and why they were killed. I had a strange dream last night. It seemed more than a dream but it was a memory from many nights ago. It was night time on the beach where I had gone to meet a woman who said she saw me in her dream and that she would tell me my future."
    " There was a small hut on the beach and when I knocked on the door a woman's soft voice responded saying "Lord Mondragon, come in. Welcome back home."

"A woman was telling me of my future. She said the enemy knows of you and our plans. Much of the dream is not clear but I remember looking out to sea about ten feet from shore. A woman emerged from the water with white hair and large green eyes. She approached me with a warm smile and held out her hands to me. It was Alana. It was my mother. The dream became foggy and unclear and then I awoke at that point."

Oh! I jumped.

I became startled for I heard the voice again. The voice like the one before. The voice of Captain Stornmcrow.
    Boris come. William, come with us as well. Now that the Stormcrow is secured on land while you and others have been searching the murdered captains ships I have been searching the Stormcrow. Please come I want to show you something.

As you know William on our way to see the Stormcrow being made secure I heard a voice. It was the voice of Captain Stormcrow. He said we should search every part of the ships for the answers will be made known..

So far I have searched the cannon room and the hold. We still need to search the Quarter Master and Captain's quarters and the upper deck. We will do that tomorrow when the sun rises again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This it the part I especially want you to see. I was quite startled when I found a secret door and opened it. The captain and his crew were locked in here. They must have have had a secret compartment to hide the ship's log for this is the log Captain Stormcrow spoke about when I heard his voice last night. He said it holds the answers to all the questions we have about the deaths of our captains as well as what the evil Obsidians are searching and murdering to retrieve.

Captain Stormcrow and a few of his crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The evening light is getting dim now so we will continue our search tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris listened to Catherine tell him of what she had found so far and followed her and William. He had an idea of what answers she might find somewhere on this ship yet he would let her solve the puzzle. She was right as it a force that us humans could not quite understand and fortunately could not manipulate. He had spent the last night listening to the waves and the advice of the Sea Goddess. He had detached himself from this world and let time take its course. The had risen and he had not moved,

Before Catherine and William had approached him he had removed his clothing and entered the water going for his daily swim. The water was cool to the touch and if the new antivenom was going to work the next few minutes would determine his future or his end. If it was not going to work then he would be in his final resting place.

Something bumped into him as he swam and he did not know exactly what it was except for that familiar playful voice. Marlena the sirene once again but this was not the time nor place for her games.

"Tis not time for you to depart this realm yet my dear Boris, I will come back from time to time when you need me. Go back to shore before the others come back to check on you as you still have much to do and a friend on your ship who has not slept working on the permanent antidote."

She vanished as quickly as she had materialized yet he could still hear her voice. He swam back to the shore, put on his clothes and after that brief talk with Catherine and William headed back to the "Dragon".

That walk on the pier seemed an eternal one until he climbed up on the ropes and stepped onto the "Dragon"'s deck.

"Razulah, brother how goes the work on the antidote?"

"Captain, I think it will work, I made three batches and it will take three days to know for sure yet the temporary one seemed to work and you have time to help the others decipher the "Stormcrow" secrets. I had a dream last night in which Lady Catherine had found all the answers to the medallion's powers and why the three Captains were killed. I also saw a new land near the Hidden Vale which also holds a trinket of power the Obsidians hide. Your bath has been prepared and I suggest you bathe and get some rest. I will send a guard to Lady Catherine and Duke William to let them know you are well, resting and ready to join them tomorrow".

Boris listened to Razulah, he bathed, lit his pipe and walked to the top of the "Dragon" he looked briefly at the Novian Sea then returned to his quarters to get some much needed peaceful rest. His thoughts were far away from the present and into a land far away.

7. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

William is pleased to see that the antidote took and Boris is well for now. William also assisted in looking for clues and found an old book behind a loose board in the room where the captains was found. It consisted of different types Dragons and their heritage, like a family tree. William found this to be unusual, why would this be here...

He turned it over to Catherine, and said this is odd?

Later that night after everyone turned into sleep, William took some time to fish off the back of the dragon with some blood leeches he has been saving up. He has been trying to catch a Tiger shark for his collection without much luck.

That morning William woke up on the deck, he must have feel asleep fishing. With a terrible pain in his neck and the sun glaring in his eyes he turned to see the beautiful Catherine standing next to the ships helm in a flowing white dress as her brilliant red har catches the sunlight. The air is still infused with the smell of roses.

Suddenly the skies started to darken and waves started to pick up and lightning is cracking though the skies. One of the shipmates calls out the bad weather and they begin to prepare for the storm. William had joined the lady at the helm and noticed her smile as the storm brewed as she stared into the sky.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

The wagon came to a stop near the old obsidian ruins in Kahli and Adam jumped out. "Can you guys quickly head to the village and get some shovels and supplies. I'm going to take a look around and see if I can find anything out of the ordinary. Bring plenty of food and water too, who knows how long we'll be here."

"Sure thing boss!" yelled Brady as he cracked the reigns and the wagon pulled away.

Adam started to look around the ruins but an eerie fog and the dead silence of the ruins caused his mind to drift. He wondered how long he had been in these lands and a feeling of sadness rushed over him. He missed his family and friends back on Earth, and felt terrible that he never got to say goodbye. Adam had spent countless hours trying to return home, or to at least send word back to everyone that he was alright, but he had given up that dream long ago.

He shook away those unwelcome thoughts and tried to focus on the task at hand. He had wandered into the ruins a bit and decided he better begin before Ithurel and Brady returned. Neither of them were very fond of magic, so he had sent them to the village so he could get started without any distractions. Adam held his hands out in front of himself and very quietly muttered something under his breath to keep the spell as weak as possible. The ground beneath his feet started to rumble and small cracks began to form in the dirt, throughout the ruins.

As the earthquake spell wore off, Adam began to feel a very strange sensation he had never felt before. His body was tingling and it felt like something was pushing him away. He started to pace around and with each step the sensation seemed to get stronger or weaker, depending on the direction he had moved. He pushed his way forward, towards the feeling of resistance, until the sensation was almost too strong to bare. Just ahead he could see a large crack in the ground, and he fell to his hands and knees and tried to crawl towards it, but he couldn't get any closer. He tried to yell the words of power to cast purify, but he couldn't find the strength to speak. Adam could feel himself slipping away, but there was nothing he could do. He collapsed just out of reach from the large crack in the ground, and everything went black.

9. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Captain Stormcrow said to read the logbook and we will be given the answers we have been searching for as to who killed our three captains and why they were murdered.

We decided to meet on the Dragon and decide what we should do first when the new day came. It was still daylight now but we decided that it would be a long day tomorrow so we should finish our plans tomorrow and rest for the night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The stillness of the darkness of night still surrounded us as we met this morning before daylight. We stood on the upper deck of the Stormcrow while we talked about what we had already found and what we might find in the next hours.

[​IMG]

As Boris and I were walking to the Stormcrow we stopped walking when I again heard the voice of Captain Stormcrow.

"CatherineRose go to the Tempest and ask Captain Trinity to bring her crystal ball. This ball, this orb, will disclose to you the most important truths this day. Tell Trinity that since she has spent much time over these years in her effort to exact revenge on the Obsidians for the murder of her brother that she has learned much in her study of magic and it's use during these years.
    This a key clue to the knowledge you are seeking now. . Ask her also to bring her books the Sea Goddess gave her when she was studying and learning about the magic of the sea as well. When you get to the secret room again show her the objects you have found for she will recognize what she should do.

Be careful as you are leaving the Tempest. Take precaution that you are not followed by anyone. Order guards to not only patrol the entire town but to surround the Dragon, the Tempest, the Misti Sea, the other two murdered ship captains ships . Surround this ship, the Stormcrow, with guards with weapons drawn. Allow not one to even enter the deck during this day. This is an extreem and important action so make sure your most trusted guards are given these instruction.

Yesterday Boris and I found three orbs implanted in the feet of the desk where the log book had been placed. It seemed as if we were finally going to know the answers we have been searching for. It was strange, however, because when we opened the door again this morning the log book was on the floor where the desk had been. I picked up the logbook and read " I placed the three small orbs within the hollow of my chair legs for Duchess CatherineRose to find one day when truth shall be revealed."

My heart was pounding so hard now to see my name written in Captain Stormcrow's log book. What I read next was so shocking that it was hard to believe that the captain had written this many years ago when I was just a child.

He said " These answers are given to you so you will know that there will be one who goes before you preparing the way to help protect all of the land from acquiring these items. They go before you to Hidden Vale to the city of Kahli. "

I saw what appeared to be water in the book and the movement of the water caused me to lay the book down. Turning around there along one wall there were three buckets with three small orbs. One orb was on each bucket. We picked up each orb and from each fell a black medallion! They were all alike. We examined each one but could find no differences in any of them.

[​IMG]

More black medallions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Trinity" please come now with me. Bring your crystal orb to the Stormcrow. With your knowledge of Magic Captain Stormcrow said you will know what to do with the clues we have found. Hurry please."

[​IMG]

"Ohhhhhh. No wonder the Obsidians are trying to locate these medallions ! When they are placed in front of the crystal orb the future of the universe is revealed. Communication is immediately opened and knowledge and power is gained.
    Oh my goodness, Captain Trinity we can see Port Dragomir and the whole city as we look into the ball. "

"Look there! There are two Obsidian ships scouting Dragomir shore.. If they had these specific medallions with the Crystal Orb they would know exactly where to attack not only Dragomir but every City in our world all at the same time!"

[​IMG]

"Now I understand."

"These must be the original medallions for with them they could also produce many more in order to communicate their evil over all of our world."

Captain Stormcrow spoke again.
    "CatherineRose when your father and I discovered this power we took these items and hid them hoping that they would never be able to find them. The Obsidians almost found part of them which had been locked in a a chest in a secret room in your grandparents home many years ago. Right after the Misti Sea was christened your father moved the chest from your grandparents estate to the secret room on the Misti Sea where it remained locked and hidden until your father wrote in his own blood while he was dying that you were to unlock the chest he had hidden so long ago. The obsidians murdered him and the other two captains in the attempt to find this chest. This is why they are coming back to finish the task of finding these valuable and powerful items."
    "Place these orbs and the crystal orb in a black metal box . Lock the box securely. Then find Paladin Michael since you gave him a black bag with two notes within as well as a valuable soft black cloth to keep safe. Cover the box with the black cloth ready to carry to Kahli. They must be hidden in the location that Adam Crow will know."

Boris said to Trinity and I "We must prevail. We must not allow the Obsidians to take possession of these Orbs. This information is of all the past, present and future . This great power that is held and can be communicated through out the universe must not be found by the Obsidians. We will learn of a way to destroy these objects so they may never be used again."

10. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris spoke to both Catherine and Trinity as they were busy preparing the objects for transport to Kahli.

"We must take precautions as there as probably spies everywhere in Dragomir. I have an idea how to deceive the spies. Prepare another Black metal box with cloth and let me take it to the "Dragon" If they see me take it they may follow me or attack the ship. I want you to leave at night with a retinue of guards towards Aerie where you will be safe. I will catch up with you tomorrow and if they attack or show up tonight they will be in for an empty and deadly surprise".

Both ladies nodded in agreement and Boris prepared the second metal box which he took to the "Dragon". He saw many people look at him as he walked slowly and deliberately with his retinue of guards. Once he arrived at the Dragon he spoke so all nearby could hear him.

"Double the guard tonight as I will be busy on deck. let me know if anything moves and watch the dock and water as some could swim onto the dock. This watch must be flawless as the future of Novia is in our hands".

Boris looked at Razulah and One Eyed Jack.

"Gentlemen sharpen your weapons as we may have company tonight. I want the drums to play loud and attract all the attention to this ship. The future of Novia depends on this ruses".

He climbed to the crow's nest and looked out to sea as the sun began to set. He noticed two Obsidian warships two leagues out and knew they would come and they would die in their futile attempt. He had to buy Catherine and Trinity time to get out of Dragomir with the real black metal box and meet Michael. He knew Michael and his friends would keep them and the box safe if they could only reach Aerie.

11. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Trinity had asked her quartermaster, Peg to stand guard at the gate of the Stormcrow.
    She, CatherineRose, and Boris went aboard.
    After a time, Boris left with the Black box and his guards to the Dragon.

CatherineRose wrapped the Black box in a dark brown cloth and put it into her backpack.

Trinity called to Peg.

"Peg, I will not be returning to The Tempest with you tonight"
    "Before leaving The Tempest today, Koa alerted us of 'sails' on the horizon."
    "The Obsidian ships were not approaching but anchored waiting, I assume for reinforcements"
    "Your orders are to prepare The Tempest for battle and to protect Port Dragomir."
    "Your training has prepared you and the crew for this day, I know you will be victorious."

"If necessary, you have permission to use Aphrodite's 'la verge de la vierge' to assure your victory."
    "Go quickly and prepare for battle!"

While still within the protection of the hedge surrounding the ship.
    Trinity gave a Helm of Aphrodite to CatherineRose.
    (It renders the wearer invisible)

[​IMG]
    "Put this on and repeat after me"

"S' EVANOUIR"

As the words left their lips, they vanished into a ghostly mist.

"Shhh! Keep your weapon ready."
    "We must move quickly and silently, follow close to me"
    "No one can see us, we must hurry"

As silent as a soft breeze, CatherineRose and Trinity exited Dragomir on to South Longfall Road toward Aerie.

12. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Brady and Ithurel left the wagon and started to search the ruins for Adam Crow. There was no answer when they called his name, so both had their weapons drawn.

"There he is!" yelled Ithurel as both men ran up to Adam. He was lying face down and unconscious, so they rolled him over and Brady pulled a red potion out of his pocket and slowly poured it into Adam's mouth. He started to cough a bit, and the guys helped him sit up. "What happened?" asked Ithurel.

Adam slowly got to his feet, and brushed himself off. "Well, I was trying to loosen the ground up, and may have over done it a bit. "

"You cast an earthquake spell in an obsidian ruin?" Brady asked with a raised eyebrow.

Adam just smiled, as both men shook their heads and stared at him like he was crazy. "It wasn't one of my best ideas. But I think I found something." Adam looked around and realized the cracks in the ground had vanished. A puzzling look crept onto his face as he tried to picture where the big crack had been. He took a few steps forward and the strange sensation he had felt before started to make his body tingle again. "Go get some shovels, this is the spot!"

Brady and Ithurel rushed back to the wagon to grab them while Adam cast purify burst in an attempt to ward off whatever dark magic there was in the area. It seemed to work, as the strange feeling became very faint and hardly noticeable.

As the men rushed back, Brady handed Adam a shovel, "So what are we looking for anyways?"

"I'm not really sure to be honest, but I bet we'll know once we find it." Adam replied, as all three of them started to dig.

13. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris noticed the two Obsidian warships just anchored like they owned the entrance to Dragomir Bay. He climbed down from the crow's nest and asked Razulah to get the ship ready to sail as soon as he returned. Boris ran over to the "Tempest" and approached Peg who seemed agitated and cursing out loud.

"Peg, we cant just let those two Obsidian ships park their ass out there so get ready to welcome them, I will advise the other Captains to get ready to sail on my signal. They will be food for the sharks tonight."

Peg grinned as that was all he needed to hear and started barking out orders on the "Tempest'.

Boris swam to the dock and ran into Stu Gotz. who was loading things on his ship.

"Stu, we need to get the rest of the ships ready to sail on my signal, you have five minutes and follow my plan. I need you to keep the ships offshore yet near the entrance to the bay. Once we sink those two scum Obsidian Ships, I will have Razulah take me near Aerie and I will swim ashore in order to catch up with Lady Catherine and Captain Trinity. This will be your chance to command the largest fleet in Novia and I trust in yoru ability.

Stu nodded now sure what was happening yet he knew it was time for action and he yelled to the other ship captains.

30 minutes later Boris gave the signal and ten warships sailed out towards the Obsidian ships. Within an hour they were in range and Boris looked through the spyglass seeing those ships raising their anchors. It was too late. Another set of signals and ten warships turned starboard then a massive onslaught of cannon fire followed by two explosions sank the ill advised Obsidian ship intrusion.

He turned to the "Tempest" and yelled at Peg. Follow me to Aerie, the others ships will stay here guarding the entrance to the bay and will be joined by this ship and the Tempest once you and Razulah bring them back. I have some business to take care of and will protect Captain Trinity and Lady Catherine. Captain Stu Gotz will be the acting fleet admiral in my absence."

Peg nodded as the "Dragon was followed by the "Temptest on the short sail to Aerie.

Night fell as the Dragon approached the Aerie shore. Once within 100 yards from shore Boris climbed down the rope ladder and slowly slipped into the water. He had a small pack with him and within 10 minutes walked towards the Inn. He knew he might find Catherine and Trinity there and his instincts did not fail him. He took the long black hooded robe and put it on top of his wet armor in order to conceal himself. He opened the door of the inn slowly and fortunately there were few people there.

He approached the table where Catherine and Trinity sat. it was a far table that was dimly lit and as he approached the table he heard the sound of Trinity's sword coming out of its scabbard. He pulled the hood back enough for them to recognize him yet made a motion with his finger along his lips for them to be silent. He then turned and made a gesture to the Inn owner who approached quickly. From under his hood he spoke to the man in a normal yet hushed tone.

"My good man, I need two rooms for the night, we just arrived from Tenebris and will head to Etceter tomorrow morning. One room with one bed and another with two beds. I need them to be adjoining rooms as well. We need dinner and a two bottles of rum, one spiced and a special one the lady here will tell you. We need this NOW!

Boris brought out a medium bag full of gold coins which the man took smiling. The man turned and hustled to make the requested preparations. Boris then turned to Catherine and Trinity.

"Ladies, we will have rooms for the night and hopefully Michael will be here in the morning. Trinity, I trust you to protect Catherine and the goods you are carrying. I will be in the room next door, if you hear or feel anything strange just knock or throw something at the adjoining door. I am a light sleeper and suggest we go to our rooms after dinner. There are bathtubs in each room if either of you ladies needs a bath. I know this place well and am sure we will stay anonymous to the few travelers that stay here".

The waiter came over right away with food and drinks as ordered. Boris was famished and was glad they were together again for another adventure.

14. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... Meanwhile in the Hidden Vale ...

* * * * * * * * K I N G S P O R T H A R B O U R * * * * * * * *

Kardan reached Kingsport and recognized Harry at the docks.
    "Hello, I was told by good old Zan, you're the one who knew about news around ..."
    Harry raised his eyebrow and smiled widely.
    "Indeed, but what kind of news do you ask?"
    Kardan turned his head to the left, then moved it circling up and to the right to bring it back into central position. "Well, which place in Hidden Vale is currently - let's say - weird visitors or events ..."
    Harry looked around and leaned toward Kardan. "Because Zan sent you: I recommend that you visit the good innkeeper in Braemar, and if you do, tell him the ale is on the way, take these bottles and give them to him with regards from Harry and he will help with information - if he can ... "
    Kardan bowed and entered the next Tavern to have a good meal. After an hour he left Kingsport toward Braemar. How long ago was it that he had gone this way ...

One hour later Samael and Dupre reached Kingsport and also talked to Harry.
    He was a little surprised. "If I did not know better, I would say there is a treasure map ..."
    Samel smiled. "No, we're on our way to our friend Kardan, who was with you a while ago?"
    "Indeed, he was, and as I am now doing, I have advised him to visit the innkeeper in Braemar, and I also give these bottles to you with an indication that the ale is on the way...
    He will, if he can, help you!"
    "A last question!", Dupre said, "When was it when Kardan was here?
    "He was still eating in the tavern and then strolled comfortably to the exit of the city - about half an hour ...", Harry told.
    Dupre and Samael thanked and said goodbye. They were walking faster than Kardan and so they hoped to catch him in time ...

One hour later, Harry faced me, Ariel, Fiona, and the Warrior of Love, and was all the more astonished when we also mentioned Zan.
    Harry raised his eyebrow again. "Let me guess: you want to know if there's a place where weird things are going on?"
    Ariel nodded. "Can you tell us such a place?"
    Fiona added: "And were Kardan, Samael and Dupre here before us?" Harry shook his head in confusion.
    "I never believed in things like 'Deja Vu', but my mind told me I was asked these questions before - and I am really sure I answered them before ..."
    I amused myself while the Warrior of Love said, "Then you will not mind remembering your words and just saying them again?"
    Harry nodded. "As I said before - take these bottles, bring them to the innkeeper of Braemar and tell him that the ale is on the way with regards from Harry and he will help you if he can ..."
    Ariel nodded, satisfied. "Maybe you should go to the tavern, have something to eat and drink, you look a little pale."
    We smiled as he said, "Surely this may be a very good idea. Um - are there ..."
    The Warrior of Love interrupted him: "Do not worry, no more visitors coming in on behalf of Zan ... You can confidently take a break ..."
    "A last question!", I said, "When was it when Kardan and the others left?"
    "The same question your Friend Dupre asked me about an hour before. And I told you, I mean him - about half an hour ..."
    We thanked him for his patience, wished a good day and left.
    As we left Kingsport, Fiona said, "We will inform Lady Catherine as soon as possible when we are in Braemar and have information, and I think we are very close ..."

[ to be continued ... very soon ;) ]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  15. Paladin Michael

* * * * * * * * B R A E M A R * * * * * * * *

Kardan entered the Tavern, turned to the bar and put 4 bottles on the counter.
    "What does that mean?", asked innkeeper Flynn Gilson.
    Kardan bowed. "Best regards, from Kingsport, Harry! Delivery is on its way!"
    The look of Flynn brightened.
    "Ah, friends of Harry are always welcome to me, so these are samples of the new brew?", he said as he picked up a bottle. "Um, this bottle is empty, dear Kardan!"

Kardan smiled. "Well, the way here was dusty and long, forgive me if I appreciated the good drop!"
    The innkeeper smiled. "Well, I understand that with this good brew!"
    Flynn took the next bottle and looked surprised again. "But that is - too"

"A man stands on two legs, worthy Flynn, as they say," said Kardan, laughing.
    "In fact, that's the way it is, to my liking, friend, but now I want to know how the new delivery tastes." With these words he took the third bottle and ...

"Like I said, a very dusty and long way here, and I thought you would not mind if I tested the quality and if it suits a traveler!"

The innkeeper cleared his throat and nodded a little grimly.
    "Well, obviously this drop is especially appropriate, but now I want to," Flynn Gilson said as he put his hand around the fourth bottle and his face suddenly grinned, before taking a deep breath and saying, "Seems to me, worthy Kardan Your thirst is greater than the number of your legs!"

"Indeed, my thirst today was twice as big as usual, so I probably drank for two, you know, I've been on the road for a long time ... and I must confess I rarely drank such a good drop. You may be lucky to call such a noble brew your own! "
    "IF I can call it my own! When do you say the ale reaches me?"
    "Well, Harry just said soon, I think it will be here in a few days ..."

"Well, now that I know about your thirst, what brings you to me, because neither the thirst nor the ale delivery of Harry is it ..."
    "A man of humor my way! In fact, I'm here to ask you about strange happenings."
    "You mean such things as circulating bandits, skeletons, and awaken dead?"
    "I meant - much stranger - events ... like black medallions ..."
    The host stiffened. "Well, I do not know anything about amulets or anything like that, but I know there's something weird going on in Kahli right now."

"And that would be?", asked Kardan.
    The innkeeper started to speak as the door opened and newcomers interrupted him ...

[ to be continued ... soon ;) ]

16. Paladin Michael

When Samael and Dupre entered, Kardan shouted, "Friends, you here, you come at just the right time!
    Look, our friend and innkeeper Flynn Gilson here has information for us. Come closer! "

Samael and Dupre joined them and Dupre put 4 bottles of ale on the counter.
    Flynn's eyes grew big. He smiled as his right hand twitched to the counter.
    "So you have news for us?", Samael interrupted him politely.
    As Flynn straightened and bowed to charismatic Samael, Kardan took a bottle of ale and took a big sip.

The host's hand jerked again as Dupre interrupted, asking: "What can you tell us? It is extremely important to us."
    "Yes, yes, of course!" Said Flynn. "I just wanted to tell Kardan."
    "Friends indeed, let him tell you, and on the occasion," said Kardan, handing over ale to Dupre and Samael, "take a sip after that long dusty road!"

"Excuse me, we did not want to interrupt you, we're glad you're so helpful," Samael said, nodding at Flynn, who was peering at the bottles in their hands ...
    "Well, to make it short, a while ago a stranger came by asking questions about Kahli ..."

Kardan took a long sip from his bottle. Flynn looked at the bottle standing on the counter and while he talked, he put his hand around the bottle.
    THAT would be his Ale!

"What questions?" Asked Dupre.
    "Well, if there had been strange visitors lately, strange things, such things."

"And - were there such things?", Kardan asked, and then took a sip.
    Flynn now lifted the bottle, which he clutched to finally take a sip of the ale ...
    His eyes froze when he realized that the bottle was empty! Kardan had already opened the second bottle! This guy!

"All right, Flynn?", Samael asked. "Was there such a thing?"
    Flynn took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. He was about to explode. He opened his eyes and said softly.
    "No, no, there was nothing, no events - except for the fact that the ale is short again ..."

"Don't worry about! Harry said the delivery was on the way!", Dupre said, emptying the rest of his bottle while Flynn sighed and nodded.

"Well, do you know the name of this man, asking those questions?", Samael asked.
    Flynn nodded, "yes, his name was ... well ... something like ... Raven ... Adam, no - no . Crow! Crow was it, for sure. Adam Crow."

"Tell me, friend, is he a guest in this house?", Kardan asked.
    "Not yet, he left and headed to Kahli. Said there was business ... don't ask me what kind of business. I don't know ..."

"Let's have a meal and rest for a while.", Dupre said, pointing to a table in the corner ...

Samael smiled at Kardan and Dupre. It was good to know a friend nearby. Now they just had to find him. Maybe he already knew more ...

[ to be continued ... soon ;) ]

17. Paladin Michael

After a long meal, Kardan stretched and yawned satisfied.
    "What a pity, friends, that the ale from Harry is out, what would I give for a good sip."
    Flynn gazed fiercely at Kardan and muttered in his beard, "What can I say?"

A few seconds later, the door opened and the log fire flickered on the wind.
    In the door appeared Ariel, Fiona, the Warrior of Love - and me :)

At a table in the corner we saw our friends Samael, Kardan and Dupre, who waved to us and added a neighboring table.
    We gratefully ordered tea. As we drank, Kardan told us - in great detail - his adventures, started at Zan's in Tenebris Harbor, until the moment Samael and Dupre found him.
    Dupre nodded from time to time and Samael often smiled at the comments.

Seeing the counter, I could sometimes catch the innkeeper rolling his eyes and grimacing with his face whenever Kardan praised Harry's ale ...

Ariel picked up a note and wrote it down, as well as finding Adam Crow in Kahli next.
    Before she could deliver the pigeon, I said softly, "One more moment, friends, first I have to tell you something else."
    Everyone looked at me expectantly. I took a sip of tea, looked at each one in turn, and then told about my meeting on the shore with Catherine and what she had entrusted to me ...

The eyes of my friends opened wide. The Warrior of Love said: "So we're carrying what the enemy is looking for in their camp ..."
    "Where he would least suspect it!", Samael finished the sentence.
    "That was a very wise decision by Lady Catherine!", Kardan remarked sincerely.
    "Excuse me, I did not want to burden you unnecessarily on the road and so I only needed to tell the story once ...", I said a bit embarrassed.
    Fiona and Ariel smiled. "Everything's fine, you've done right, and now I'm writing to Lady Catherine that we'll wait here until Adam Crow shows up."
    Fiona added: "And please let us know how we should proceed, who knows what Adam discovered in Kahli ..."

Samael nodded. We all have earned some sleep after the trip. We wait two days, and if we do not hear from Adam, we will visit Kahli! "
    Ariel noted this and the magical pigeon was sent on the journey to appear in Lady Catherine's hands a few seconds later ...

Who of us could know, she was just arrived in Aerie, waiting for a message? :)

[ to be continued ... ]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  18. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris and Catherine looked at each other as the message from Ariel.

"Milady today we must travel to Kahli. Neither was prone to use those scrolls that facilitated travel yet slowly tore away at the fabric of your soul but time was of the essence now.

The cast the spell simultaneously and felt the magic spell transport them to a new world. They were met at the entrance by Michael, Samael and Ariel, all of them proceeded with care in this seldom travelled hidden land. They followed their instinct until they found an intricate tower with a graveyard. Boris looked at the spot and opened up the first sarcophagus which was idea. Boris let Catherine put the hidden metal box with the artifacts there and suddenly the sarcophagus closed with a clanking noise. It took on a dark blue glow. They looked at each other knowing it would not be opened easily.

They looked at Michael and the others and knew it was time to leave this land yet a voice was heard carried by the wind.

"Ahh, its seems we have visitors here. Come to me I must know who you are."

This was a feminine voice that Boris recognized but could not place so Boris asked Michael and the others to wait for them at the entrance to this land in case help was needed. At first they resisted yet Boris finally talked them into his plan and the party broke up. Boris led Catherine onwards deep into Kahli until they noticed the dark towers loom ahead. voice could be heard and they were met by a man they did not know who introduced himself as Rogoff. He pointed to a place ahead he called the Tower of Daggers and all three of them proceeded. Rogoff vanished as Boris and Catherine reached the tower. The presence of evil was overcoming them yet they pushed on and walked inside.

This place had an eerie beauty yet the essence here wore at their bodies, then the voice again.

"Who are you and what are you doing here? This woman had a fascinating essence about her. He felt her ties to the Obsidians immediately. The enemy wanted to see both Boris and Catherine in person to size them up for a future devious encounter.

Boris introduced himself and Catherine as the Pirate Queen which was replied to with sarcasm. The woman made fun of The Pirate Queen title alluding to it sounding romantic. Boris' eyes narrowed yet he knew to keep his cool at this moment. He would make this woman eat her words one day but not today.

She introduced herself as Maluna. She also let them know they had not been invited.

"We will leave milady I know our company is not welcome here"

With much elegance Boris bowed to the woman known as Maluna. He noticed Rogoff had returned and assumed he was one of her henchmen or guardians. They also nodded to them as they left, Boris had one more glance at Maluna and smiled at her as he undressed her with his eyes briefly then they headed out back to the entrance of this enchanted and forbidding land.

They met Michael and the others and quickly headed back towards Dragomir.

19. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Adam brushed away the last bit of dirt from the lid of the large obsidian sarcophagus and shot an excited look at Brady and Ithurel. The three of them had been digging for hours, and now came the moment they had been waiting for. Adam reached for the lid and carefully slid the top open.

"Seriously!" shouted Ithurel, as the three men stared into the empty sarcophagus.

Brady frowned and let out a large sigh as Adam propped the lid up against the empty sarcophagus. In doing so, Adam saw a piece of parchment attached to the underside of the lid and turned his head to read the writing. It was in runic, so he translated it in his head while he slowly read it aloud to the others. "The ritual will protect all that lies here."

The two men looked at Adam for answers, but the look on his face said he had none. "What ritual?" Asked Brady.

"I'm not sure, hopefully the others will know what to do." Adam replied. He closed the lid of the sarcophagus and climbed out of the large area the three of them had dug out. He reached out a hand and helped the other two men climb out and said, "Stay here and keep watch, I'm sure you guys must be starving like I am, I'll be right back." Adam walked back to the wagon and quickly wrote a note to the others explaining what he found. He held the note out in the palm of his hand and whistled, moments later the crow snatched up the letter with its feet and took off into the sky.

Adam grabbed a sack of food and some ale from the wagon and headed back into the ruins. As he approached the two men he looked annoyed and let out a chuckle as he shook his head in disbelief. Ithurel and Brady had their backs facing the area they had just dug out and looked at Adam with puzzled looks. "Eat up guys, looks like we have some more work ahead of us." He said as he pointed behind the two men. They turned around and both their mouths dropped open when they saw the hole had completely vanished and the area looked untouched.

"Awww come on!" shouted Brady, who then grabbed the bottle of ale from Adam and took a big drink.

20. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

After the men had finished eating, the crow returned and landed on the ground near Adam's feet while letting out a loud caw. "You didn't go far, the others must be close!" He held out his hand and the crow dropped the freshly written note directly into it and flew off. After reading it, he looked at Brady and Ithurel and said, "Change of plans. We're headed back to Dragomir, hopefully we can catch up with the others."

Adam made a mental note of the location of the sarcophagus they had found and motioned for them to follow him. They packed everything quickly into the wagon and hastily made there departure from Kahli.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.