Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The game is in a terrible state

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Magos, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

So game is terrible because archers are hard and taming got nerfed? That pretty much sums up your post.

I think they will continue to rework taming so throwing all hope as a tamer out the window at this stage is a bit much.

I have no issue with the archers, yes they are hard and maybe need tweaked down slightly. However, saying the game is horrible just is completely over the top in my view.

Lord Barugon, Leelu and Fister Magee like this.
  2. Magos

Magos Avatar

Most of the works great one on one, though NPC Archer DPS is still too high, but when there is two or three of them that spread out it's just stupid.

agra, Leelu and Chatele like this.
  3. Magos

Magos Avatar

Do you feel the game was in a ready state to go persistent ?

Please feel free to list the fun and rewarding parts of the game presently that will keep people playing in an ongoing basis.

I'm all in. I'm a massive fan. I've put up thousands of dollars. I'm not a hater. Just tell me where the fun is. I'm sick of the nerfs. Balance is needed but that doesn't mean removing anything fun or rewarding.

This is huge. What happened to Richards claims that you could just be a crafter and not an adventurer ?

Now you have to crawl through dense numbers of mobs with fast respawn to get the resource to make stuff and gather masses more than you need so you have XP in your Producer pool.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Nhili Dragon, Leelu and Ice Queen like this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Unfortunately, When it comes to dealing with archers (and mages), you can't expect to survive by dashing into one of them at a time and let them surrounding you. I have been using the following techniques:

1) Try to pick one out away, root, ice snare, and kill before moving to the next one if possible.
    2) Use LoS to your advantage, let them come to you in bulk, then AOE them to death.
    3) Never ever turn their back on them or you will receive more overall damage.

Even if people don't put many hours into the game itself, there is still a forum for people to discuss, sugguest, complain, argue, and/or start a soapbox about the game. That itself could last for awhile if the overall tone can be kept civil.

Quenton, Leelu and Bow Vale like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

If i have 3 archers against me. I keep my defensive skills with avoidance/dodge on as best i can and generally set my pet/summon on one....he will die but will draw fire of one of them, another of them may also target him, if he doesn't i blind/stun him as best i can and concentrate on the one i intend to kill first. If the one I'm subduing gets back on me i switch targets and blind again. I try and move so that only one archer has beads on me and i am closest to the one i intend to kill but furthest i can be from the others.
    It can be difficult with archers sure, but wouldn't the game be too easy if we didn't have a foe like these at the moment.

4EverLost, Leelu and Metlore like this.
  6. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

I think the important thing to remember is the whole point of persistence was so the devs could see how the economy worked over time and balance it. It hasn't even been a month yet. They couldn't have overhauled anything yet if they wanted to. We need to give them time.

The second thing to come out of this was increased players. New players were using things in new ways. The speed nerfs are just ways for them to try to protect the economy so they can balance it.

Sometimes I feel people get worked up and worried too fast. Anymore it seems like the devs get accused of personally attacking their player base every single day, as if getting rid of players is in their best interest.

Tldr, have patience.

7. Magos

Magos Avatar

Can you give me a quote on that ? As I recall it was to keep people playing ongoing.

Leelu and Ice Queen like this.
  8. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

I believe it was stated in the first telethon. I will try to find an online quote though. The release notes themselves say that r32 is the first of many balance changes to combat and the economy.

Leelu likes this.
  9. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Yes, I see nothing wrong with the game going persistent at this point. Regardless, the decision was made to do so and Monday morning quarterbacking at this point is useless. Provide constructive feedback and maybe take a break if you are frustrated for whatever reason.

I am having a blast running around in Twin foothills and Elysium mines. I have a small row house and a vendor in Ardoris that does actually sell things daily. I stayed away from taming as it is not my thing and this may help explain why I am not frustrated in the slightest. Also, no archers in Twin Foothills but it is a lvl 5 zone.

So basically, I farm, I craft, I sell things and I am having fun. Does this mean you will be having fun, hell I don't know, I can just tell you that I am enjoying these things currently.

4EverLost, Leelu, Snazz and 2 others like this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I get your frustration OP.

Things I'd like to see is get better:
    1. More places that are good xp'ing places spread around the world, not just one or two good places that's best to go.
    2. More places with good loot spread around the world, not just one or two good places that's best to go.
    3. Creatures that seem to follow the same rules as we have to, seems like skeleton mages and archers have an endless supply of focus while if we go beyond 40 in our combat skills themselves they take us down fast in focus by using them, and we're left with auto swing that does crappy damage, if you don't use free attack.
    4. Combat skills, right now it's better to keep them at 40 (I'm talking things like whirling blades, riposte, etc. because the damage you get for taking them higher isn't really that good or worth it, you only get slightly more damage with a huge focus drain by taking them higher.
    5. Deck stacking, wish this was less annoying.
    6. Loot....I know changes are coming, but the loot is boring right now. Nothing is really worth saving just used to salvage or sell for gold, and gold per creature needs upped as well as better loot drops. It's kind of been like this for years now really. (Also, we shouldn't have to worry about being secretive about spots that are good for xp and gold in fear they will be nerfed and not be able to share these spots with others to help them out. I'm not one to do this but it is becoming a trend in this game and it shouldn't have to be.) There should be lots of good places to go for gold and xp, not just a few areas in the game that are decent.
    7. Resource gathering places that are good for other gathering skills, minings been covered by mines, the rest need some love and chopping a whole tree should yield a lot more imo, and we should have more than just one tree that gives wood, heh.
    8. Adventuring scenes are too small in many, many areas, leaving you with fewer creatures to kill and no real exploration within them, most you just do a circle loop around in over and over.
    9. Fishing and agriculture, I love things like this in other games, when they're fun it gives you something else to do when you're not out beating down baddies. :) Treasure hunting too would be a nice thing to do, please add a treasure hunting system. :)
    10. Food and bandages, would love to see food with health and focus regeneration as well as other properties to help with being starved of focus so much. Downtime always bites, so having ways to counter it or something to do during is always nice.
    11. Xp pool it has problems, I'm always micromanaging skills, it's not fun. In other games I don't feel starved for skill gains constantly. :( When creatures are upped in hitpoints to make them feel tougher and areas are changed to be "tougher" the xp should be increased and reflect this, leaving them the same isn't acceptable. Also, grouping up should give more xp too and make it worthwhile.

11. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Archers..... Mitigation is very important for adventuring, specially if you want to fight groups of mobs.

Also, they run from melee range, so you can lower their dps by charging in.

Good 2Her for quicker kills and prebuffing / loading up passives

They are pretty OP due to high dex = high crit.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Leelu like this.
  12. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I think archers have way too high of a crit chance. I'm fine with their normal damage, but taking back to back 100 damage crits from multiple archers is no fun. Their crit chance, which is tied to dexterity, needs to be reduced. The other issue I have with them is they constantly interrupt spell casting. I can handle them relatively well if I can get my spells to go off and hit them, but when the constantly interrupt spell casting, you're basically screwed. An innate skill in the focus tree to reduce the chance of being interrupted while casting a glyph would be great.

13. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

To me, going persistent was primarily to get land rush out of the way, and a close second try and get the economy balance started. YMMV.

4EverLost and Leelu like this.
  14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Persitence != Finished Game. We are play-testers as well, not players.. keep that in mind.

Leelu likes this.
  15. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I believe any game that's in early access or pre-alpha is somewhere in the realm of being in "terrible state"... (。◝‿◜。)

Bow Vale and Leelu like this.
  16. Magos

Magos Avatar

With respect it's you that's tin foil hatting not me.

I didn't say prices have dropped I said none is selling at any price.

I have 5 lots spread out around the four corners of the game. I have a vendor on each. All are stocked. I charge the lowest current prices for Cotton, Silver, Iron, Copper etc etc making sure that I'm trying to take advantage of the regional economy ie resources on sale in corners of the map where you can't harvest it. I list in quantities ranging from 20 to 1000.

I have sold zero in days.

I do appreciate you taking the time to post and try help. Thank you.

Won't work for me though unfortunately. I'm melee. Guessing you're using bows/magic/ranged ?

17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Please get your quotes right, i never said any of that!!!

Well, Melee actually have it so much easier to level compared to Archery, i should be the one complaining! You take damage in plate, imagine for me in leather...ouch...
    Later on when you can handle 5+ mobs on you at once and are seeing those xp numbers flying over your head, think for the poor archer who in leather and only single shot damage is having a hard time. Some of the best levelling build/characters are melee, I'm sure later in your adventures you will look back at your ' bad hair archery days' with a little humour :)

Magos likes this.
  18. Magos

Magos Avatar

Fixed and I apologize. No idea what happened there :)

Bow Vale likes this.
  19. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Bringing the vendor rates back up for finding matching merchant types fixed a good deal of what I felt wrong with the economy. I think we still have issues with expectations though. 2500 gold/hour is respectable. Definitely more than a little and more than enough to restock AND save money for other purchases / property tax. Some players are pulling in more, some less, but I think this is a good baseline. It is worth picking up weapon loot again but I don't feel exceptionally bad if the item is broken or just missing in the loot table.

As for resource selling, most vendors still have insane prices. Given a choice of paying 100g for a single silver ore going out to find my own silver, I am going to find my own purely on principle. There is no reason prices should be that high still. People not high enough level to get their own ore cannot afford that price and people high enough know it is more cost efficient to go harvest their own.

Pricing resources means figuring out how much ore a person could gather in an hour and pricing it so that it costs less than an hour of gold farming would yield profit. In many cases it is going to need to be significantly less. The 100g per ore is just the last vendor I checked - and laughed at.

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

As from last night, I have been on the "recovery" mode trying to get some gold back, so i can grab some COTO for reg potion and others. Even if people reduce the price of ores and other items, I might still not buying them for this week..

Well.. next week is a different story, though :) Please feel free to reduce the price as low as you can. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.