The Glass is Half Empty - A look inside why people are opposed to Open PvP and Full Loot

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by antalicus, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vjek

vjek Avatar

Do you recall in which video they stated this time limit would be implemented?

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think you just like to argue with me!!:) i was watching a video and explaining what they were saying with RG and a few others, the guy before my reply was just talking about all this PVP stuff is Damaging the play of pve'rs, i understand there is a slider to co to an from and if theres gonna be hundreds of shards catering to all i dont see a problem with any of it PVP/PVE/PKr etc... If the PVe slides thier bar to no pvp good we wont see them and vice versus!

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I know theres gonna be a slilder bar!

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

The team has been throwing around ideas for awhile, hopefully theyll come to a medium somewhere!

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I dont know which one i just ran down the list and started watching i think it was an older post so that might not even matter anymoreI cant run down that list on the site here at work ill try and find it on you tube if i find it ill drop off the link

6. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Just making sure the forum voices actually know what is going on...

I am glad you know! So there shall be no further chat of seperate "servers."

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

No there still will be suggestions about seperate servers like i gave ,to to curve whatever problem PVers have with PVP you should probably be telling the PVErs That there is a slider thing so they dont ever have to pvp!

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

There seem to be alot of PVE people that dont understand that they never have to pvp and it wont ruin thier game

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

just go down the list of vids and click half way into shows and youll come upon it

10. CaptainJackSparrow

My god man. You do not need to suggest anything, it already exists!

PvE players, the vast 95% majority of them understand they will not be forced to PvE and that it is a choice via slider. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone here over 5 posts that don't know this. God only knows what you are going on about.

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

All thes PVE people are upset cause we want to have pvp stuff (full looting etc. PKing), they dont want it, it wont work always something, Generalize your statements man read the thread every other thread is about how bad pvp is for this game from a pver and very few pvprs or people that have no clue what pvp is. so instead of focusing your energy on me look at the threads and reply to all those PVE people that say PVP isnt good for the system, (man you confuse me one day your PVP one day your PVE, one day your RP)

12. CaptainJackSparrow

Bro, do you even troll?

No they are not upset, because they are NOT AFFECTED BY US HAVING PVP. Remember, its optional.

No kidding. They also know they wont have to be subjected to it, again, optional.

This is just non sequitur jibberish.

I typically do, but even dumbing myself down quite a bit some still do not get the picture. Like you.

No most threads are vailed attempts at forcing PvE players into PvP when they don't want it. TRUST ME, I know :p

Unless you've played against any of these said people, you've actually got no idea what they are like.

I focus on what is entertaining for Jack, nothing else. This is enterataining. You are mildly entertaining, still trying to figure out who's forum mule you are.

I already have. I actually won the first nobel prize for PvP and PvE negotiations on a Forum, have you not heard???

I'm not insane... I don't think anyone here would wonder if I am PvE or PvP either, so that means you need to re-think how you judge others.

Anything else yo?

MagiK likes this.
  13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Talk about confusing people. Six sentences, one period.

14. CaptainJackSparrow

Tell me about it, I had to break that mess down into as few words as possible when addressing it. English is my second language, I suspect it is his fourth.

MagiK likes this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah thanks for keeping me entertained its a long boring night at work! and i have read most of your threads! by the way these people are talking the PVErs, (except for the ones i know PVE,PVP ,PK ) keep complaining about it when in fact it wont effect them if they slide out with the new and improved slider thingy! I knew from the start the PVE could slide out and have nothing to do with pvp, but it seems to me from all the complaining THEY still dont understand that!

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Oh now your gonna jump on the band wagon?!

17. CaptainJackSparrow

The PvE players are worried about one thing more than anything.

1. That their PvE game will in some way be affected by us having our PvP game.

And... Of course, us PvP players are worrieda bout the exact yang!! We are worried our PvP game will in some way be affected by them having their PvE game.

To some level this will be true, for example the Devs keeping griefing at the top of their mind while putting in all systems. Limiting area effect spells for example or splash damage. To a single player, limiting splash damage / AoE is terrible, cos they will never play online or PvP and think this is unfair. That is a fair thing to be worried about, and I understand that.

To be able to get what you want, you must also understand what the other side of the story is. If you can't understand their reservations and fears, then you are lost in your cause and will not be able to affect any decent change what so ever.

LoneStranger and AndiZ275 like this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I understand where they are coming from, but has already been said, PVP will not disrupt PVE in anyway, if they have thier slider on no PVP they will never have to worry about us, the only thing they said (RG and Chris) is that there may be something in PVP zone to entice PVE to try PVP, but what was in the PVP zone will not effect the game play to the endgame for PVE they were even discussing putting something special in PVE land for PVE only, that will not effect us PVPrs or messing with our end game. Its in that video on the media list RG and Chris were talking about it. i was simply relaying what i saw and heard from that video, there wont be a problem for either of us PVE or PVP. I understand what the PVE people are complaining about, but its not going to effect them, search thru those videos and watch for yourself what they said. (i think its dev hangout or live dev chat) And its only (RG and Chris) on that video.

19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I dont think any part of combat should be limited, in PVP for anyone if you cant handle PVP dont slide into it, your not going to need anything as a PVEr from PVP side, theres a difference between whats needed and whats wanted. And to truly understand why people are opposed to open PV and full Loot people need to understand the flipside of that from PVPrs. PKrs point of view! But neith of us need to ever play at same time becuase we have the slider.

20. CaptainJackSparrow

Not quite. You understand the seperation of players, as do they, but that is again, not what the problem is.

That video is old news, we have moved on to bigger and better problems. The problem is changes made to playability which effect all players, which are based on PvE or PvP wishes/problems/grief-prevention/whatever.

The example I just gave should be clear. Switching to PvP is not going to change the nature of the entire game's mechanics system, unless the Devs are THAT good... It is only going to have a hand in putting certain players together on a mini-shard. If something in the game is changed to prevent grief as my example above, it is a change which effects everyone. PvP and PvE, dont matter what the slider says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.