The Internet Is A Scary Place Sometimes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ushimimi, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarious

amarious Avatar

Sorry this has happened to you and others. It is rather off putting and can be scary. I have read the SotA reddit forums a handful of times and for them to call our community toxic is unfounded.

It makes my heart heavy to see people in such anguish and I hope they come to some kind of terms to better themselves and to not spread any more negativity. It is a life we live that is uncertain with a finite amount of time and to live that way saddens me.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Ushimimi

Ushimimi Avatar

"Scary" does a good job of summing it up.

amarious and Time Lord like this.
  3. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I wrote a positive review on Steam a few months ago and got slammed by a guy who couldn't decide if I was secretly one of the Developers using a fake account to give positive reviews. or a toadie who just wanted to write nice things to curry favor with these Developers.

I especially loved when he accused me of printing "a biased opinion"! Isn't that what a review is supposed to be? LOL

We ended up responding back and forth a few times. He's basically a guy who tried SOTA out, hated it, and now thoroughly enjoys bashing it in public every chance he gets. Seems like a weird hobby!

4. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Did go both directions over the long lasting past.
    Also the up and downvoting from positive and negative.
    Believe it or not.

I could pull out postings of the same person you are speaking about in this Forum showing him doing awesome, very nice suggestions and constructive feedback.

Always 2 sides of the story.

Time Lord and Ushimimi like this.
  5. Ushimimi

Ushimimi Avatar

Of course! It's why I didn't call out the player personally in my post, I stuck to the comments he made. It wasn't my intent to start a flame post, just to point out some of the more colorful things that were said on my review!

Myrcello likes this.
  6. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

I wrote a fair negativ review on Steam and get also offended as liar. As you see, it is also the other way around.
    There is allways one Guy who gets angry about your opinion, positive or negative.
    Just ignore it. A Review is like the Dude would say "Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

7. Ushimimi

Ushimimi Avatar

As a former employee of a bowling alley, I have to say I appreciate your Big Lebowski chops.

8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Titler is an Assp, he trash talks every positive reviewer about SotA... I made the mistake of commenting to his Negative review, and he deleted everyone of my "supportive" comments about the game... He's infected the entire Steam community to the point I no longer post there...

9. Ushimimi

Ushimimi Avatar

Well, I really intended this thread as commentary on some nasty posts, not on Titler as a person. It's certainly shaping up to seem like there -are- people who just go around trashing any positive review of SotA they see, though. There is at least one.

Anyway, the real point here is I love this community with everything I have. It has taken me in out of the wild - a refugee from Azeroth, as it were - and given me a place to call home.

Whether I agree with every gameplay system or director's choice is entirely immaterial. I am having fun and I refuse to let one aggressive person wreck it for me. I am extremely glad to see that mindset reflected across the community.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2017
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

As long as SOTA has a small following it will always be at the mercy of a small faction dedicated to downvoting/negatively criticizing the game (regardless of it's merits) on Steam and other sites. SOTA needs to break out and substantially increase it's player base - everything else will follow.

Time Lord and Myrcello like this.
  11. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

If the Playerbase grows to an amount that we loose sight of who is who because of the Mass of Names this Them vs. Those will change on itself.
    It will be good for both sides.

Actually i remember posting on Black Desert Online Forum for the first time after being used to the Sota Forum for so many Years - i was shocked how fast my post did drown in the mass of other Forum posts.

It very, very quickly demotivated me to actually participate and give my opinion or any suggestion. Just to many.

So even if it is a curse that we may not have enough Players yet participating on this Forum - it is also a main reason why all regard this "Community" so close to each other and special.
    Alone in this thread i have spoken with 50% of you many times before with each other in other threads.

Time Lord and Numa like this.
  12. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

welcome Ushimimi to a friendly growing community of players.
    I look forward to seeing your journey with us on the great adventure.

as for the internet, it contains the best of humanity and worst all at the same time. It is up to us to just ignore the worst of it.

I look forward to meeting you in the game my in game name is scar face and I accept all friend requests so you will know when I am online with you.

Time Lord, Numa and Myrcello like this.
  13. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Actually i believe that Negative and Positive Reviews are made based on personal opinions and not because they are "infected by a whispering voice like a Wormtongue in Lord of the Rings"

I know it is hard to accept if the opinions of the mass are different. But the Reviews are not like that for SotA because of some "Conspiracy Group" behind it working towards them.

And i am sure the Developers are smart enough not to truly think like that but actually regard the reason for the Reviews the Game itself and how it is perceived.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you Ushimimi for the kind review! I'm very sorry that you had to come across this reaction. Let us know what questions and concerns you have here about the game at any time and we will be more than happy to answer!

After you've asked, I'm locking this thread related to the inflammatory nature and previously quoted person becoming involved. We generally don't call out others in the forums, even if it's something being done to us.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.