The Land Rush Begins

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Poor game design, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Like Budner says. Plenty of POTs are still recruiting. Doesn't have to cost a real life dime, nor any in game gold.
    Some of the POTs would just like to have some people to play with and have some fun together.
    *hint*

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I have absolutely no interest in PoT's. I do not want to live in a place at the whim of another player.

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

While I agree that some people may fall victim to the unreasonable whims or conflicting priorities of a POT owner, I have to believe that almost all POT owners will want to encourage a stable and friendly population of players to stay in their town. I am a member of the Bear Tavern and will live in Beran's Reach. In theory the owner of my POT can arbitrarily cast me from the town, but I just don't worry about it because I seriously doubt it'll ever happen. And also because I have dirt on the POT owner and will blackmail him to kingdom come. ;)

Bigger risk, IMO, is not really knowing where you'll place a home when we launch. I'll take my chances in a friendly POT any day rather than participate in a free-for-all with the masses.

I have a second home as well (row lot) and plan to find a good POT for that home as well. Maybe one home in Novia within Beran's Reach and one in the Hidden Vale. That sounds nice.

4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

How do you know? I'm not seeing these numbers anywhere.

mbomber likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

As someone else pointed out early on in this thread, you can figure it out if you incrementally click the numbers up on the add-on store. So pretend you're buying 62 Town Lots...you can't get to 63 because they only have 62 - last I checked. ;)

6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    if you go to the add on store, click on the "picture" and it will bring you up a context screen with information that states what you are asking for, along with the picture.

leilakin and mbomber like this.
  7. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

In the last hangout it was confirmed no zoning or teleporting when game is released . They did discuss activating rifts for special events but that was it....they are really pushing for this local economy thing, and zoning/recalling or moongates would undermine it in their opinion. So enjoy zoning home while you can cause at release that is gone:(

8. Drocis the Devious

Music really has come to Novia! Sweet, sweet music.

9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Thank god....worst things ever to have after launch.

Ronan and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  10. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

Im really upset that the rune system isn't in shroud. Could you guys help me understand why players such as yourselves hate fast travel so much.

And what are your thoughts on traveling by boat being instant?

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I dont hate fast travel. It is just the way the game is designed with regional economies. The overland map "is" fast travel, although not instant. This game is designed for deep thinkers and more for RP people. It is essentially single player with multiple player options. Many people want to turn this into an mmo but it is really an mo. It started out as a single player online that you could invite your friends on your adventure. It was not expected to be more than 50 at most to be in a scene (that you would see). It was not intended for a full blown MMO where everyone sees everyone and that the world will be instant travel. It was designed for you, and your party to traverse the world with all the control points and overland map scenes that you got pulled into. Some where along the line people started to misconstrue this game to be more than an mo. It is a single player story based game in all reality that you can invite your friends and others into. But realistically in the game feature you will never see everyone in the game because hexes have limits.

12. Drocis the Devious

Fast travel makes the game smaller and less meaningful. It means you won't pay attention to who your neighbors are. You won't miss out on anything, because you can always just zone over to it at the last minute (which means nothing is limited or special).

The devs have already said that eventually boats will allow for travel, but they won't be instant. They will even have random encounters.

Numa, mbomber and Sara Dreygon like this.
  13. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

Thanks. Your post helped put things into perspective, i barely did any rp outside of some thieves guild and an Orc guild. Most of my time in UO was pvp and recall was such a big part of that.

14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I also played orc! dum hummies! lat gib shinies to da warbosh!

mbomber and Tyde like this.
  15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It's not fast travel I'm against...it's out of character fast travel...ie /home....could care less if they add an in game system that is balanced.

mbomber likes this.
  16. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

A regional economy and runes are 100% able to coexist. I made a living on UO's regionalized economy and it's rune system was 100% precise and instant and cheap. I had huge rune libraries for treasure hunting, rares, server ups, ores, monsters by types, cities and trainers, event areas, and points of interest. I then had a private library that I put my rare server ups and all my merchants in. I would go shopping and then go to the main bank and sell things for a markup because the region I purchased it from had a lower price than the bank I was marketing at. Regional + Rune = my happy place!

A regional economy is drivin from exclusive spawns and faucets in a specific area and no NPC driven crossover (aka, auction hall, trade route, or bank system to bypass traveling done by players). It does not mean you cannot use a spell to fast travel between regions. That's my two cents.

More importantly: we're able to have multiple homes and travel to our homes, that's a known fact. I'm going to, against my better judgement, have all my homes in a single region. That doesn't mean that everyone will do that. If you're not aware it seems like there are going to be eleven regions in SotA and several of them are not economically segregated.

(Regions are listed under the map: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Novia )

strabo, Budner, mbomber and 5 others like this.
  17. Majesticon

Majesticon Avatar

I honestly wouldn't still play UO if it wasn't for the fact that I can log in at Brit Bank, recall to refresh my house, then recall.... kill you, and then instant recall to go all in on the poker table. My time is worth money, which i have already given a lot of this game :)

mbomber likes this.
  18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

This is not UO for the first thing. I do not understand how you can assume that runes would not disrupt the regional economy as it would bypass the regions in favor of a world economy. Yes they have talked about crafing items that will enable fast travel but we do not know the cost of this either gold and/or resources. Violation I do think you are a strait shooter so I will call you out on this. Violation, are you in favor of regional or world economies?

mbomber likes this.
  19. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

if you want to rate what people have given to the game we can play that game. I would be surprised if your total beats my total.

mbomber and Majesticon like this.
  20. Majesticon

Majesticon Avatar

this is not UO, but i hope that it aspires to the same success and longevity! I still play that 18 year old game and will own you in the pits

mbomber and Ravicus Domdred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.