The Max Durability Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rasmenar, May 25, 2016.

?

Do you like the max durability changes?

1. Yes! Keep it how it is!

2. Yes, but there need to be some changes!

3. No, I want to be able to repair my items easily!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agra

agra Avatar

Yep, now folks will just fight naked or whatever they can scrounge or buy from NPC's and outlevel all the content so they avoid the mechanic entirely.

Of course they will. It's been demonstrated dozens of times over in the past 20 years of MMO's. Why Portalarium thought these customers would do something different is beyond my understanding.

The best part? Pretty much any other implementation that the players have come up with in addition to or as a compromise in place of the Crown mechanic would pull MORE money out of the economy. Heck, leaving it as it was will pull more money out of the economy in non-max-dur repair kit use alone. Now? All those 100g repair kit gold sinks that players used constantly? All that economic drain value?? Poof, gone.

As Ice Queen has mentioned repeatedly, I'm not seeing the wisdom, foresight, experience, and planning that I would expect from a veteran team that has been "in the genre" for 20 years. I'm seeing knee-jerk reactions to non-existent problems in the attempt to use the old "change creates the illusion of progress" concept.

tl;dr? Fighting Naked! Woo hoo!

2. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

what we will create here is a disconect not only between fighters, gathers, and crafters
    if you raise the resource drop rate then all the other crafting sections get a raise on the volume of materials on the market. thus devaluing the avg price of said item in the game as a resource. then add in time crafting time gathering that will have to be balanced but how do you balance one where grinding mobs pay better in gold then thus inflating the economy artificially. make the rest of the crafted items in the game to artificially go up in value as well.

bottom line make durability repaids gold expensive what ever make it have to repaired by a crafter that has devoted his time to his skill. that way he makes money you have a gold sink and thus opening up crafters to make more armor etc.
    gm crafter makes 5 to 10 repair to durabilty 120 lvl gives the range to 7 to 25 durabilty repair and then 150 make it min of 20 with range of 30 to repair durabilty.

also make durability breakdown related to lvl of durability.
    exp of this

90 to 100 very slow break down
    80 to 90 slow break down
    70-80 breaks down easily
    60-70 breaks down fast
    below 60 breaks down very fast.

this will force people to tend there armor more fix it more regulary both on the battlefield and by a crafter

could use same principal on degration of durability as above but the more you keep your armor in top shape the slower the durability loss will be as well

Ice Queen and CatherineRose like this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

At least 66% of us agree that we need some System like that.
    That's not so bad.

4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Crafters better make a ton of money, because they will need it for the RARE COMPONENT drop to be able to repair/mend gear..... Which means the dam gear is gonna be WAY too expensive, hence, guess i will have to learn how to fight NAKED OUCH ..... Since as an Archer, most of my gold goes for Arrows....

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Uggg dont encourage.. RARE RARE only plz.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Why all this guesswork and speculation . how about go out play find out if the durability decay is working well or not and see how bad it affects the actual armor and weapon.

As for the crown those two need tome to test out how they drop and work.

Thye have created a viable system lets work with it make intelligent suggestion to make it not only viable but a lasting strong system.

The answer is not let plain old GM crafter be able to restore max durability, that just defeats the purpose, since eventually there will be more than enough crafters and items will once again not break.

7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

NRaas and Weins201 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.