The problem with attunement

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Vrenmar Bloodborn, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Attunement/2 is resist, so if you before had -16 attunement and Now you have -8 resist it's exactly the same. The rise mages and every elven mages are harder this patch for everyone, this is not related to the change to magic specializations.

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  2. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Your attunement are the sum of the highest 10 skills in one tree divided trough 10. Your resistance is attunement divided trough 2. As Dhanas already said.
    Both are absolute numbers. The attackers attunement will be lowered buy your resistance (exact formular i do not know) and the attacker consequently does less damage.
    With this release the removed the attunemnt debuff and left the resistance debuff intact. So, -16 attunment is -8 resistance. With only the resistance debuff left it is correctly saying -8 resistance.

Well you can use warding gems and resistance potions. Level all magic schools up is not the only way. If the warding gems are not doing their job, ask fur a bug fix instead of new skills.

Yes. They doing more damage as in R56. Also they seem to be more aggro and spawn faster.

Sentinel2 and Dhanas like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

But people were saying on the forums that these weren't working.

Arya Stoneheart likes this.
  4. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Best thing to do for resolve the doubt is testing it. Buy a crap chest armor from blacksmith and ring and neck not enchanted and apply warding gem. Let a mage mob attack you with and without warding gem. Redo it a couple of time and see if there is a difference in maximum and minimum hit

Jaesun and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Can we not just stand in the fire and see ? That's what they were saying. Seems easier.

Dhanas likes this.
  6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Good info on the attnen, thanks.

Your second statement falls apart though. Ward gems even if they do work are near worthless to waist a slot on... without a doubt... Potions are also generally worthless for anything but tourney based quick PvP. I have thousands of each type of potion now and never use them. Even more so, the magic resist potions require hard core components and its not like any one can sit there an pop one of those every 10 minutes while they farm the Rise for 8 hours strait.

7. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

If they work they worth a lot. Because if I rember correctly all gear socketed gives 90 res, you need 180 attunement for having 90 res without gems.
    And you can add to those celestial blessing + purify for 40 death res more and douse + ice shield for 40 fire res more.
    If you add potions are other 25 res

8. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Each ward gem gives +20 resist and -5 attunment, a ward juwel the half. Resistance potions are available with +25 and +50 resistance. And yes, resistance potions are "costy".
    If you need the slots for attunment gems it is +10 attunement each gem and with this +5 resist. If i recall it right you can "wear" 3 gems and 2 jewels.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

last i tested warding gems did nothing for resistance and niether did potions. More recently potions seem to work but not nearly as good as the magical buffs do, and death resistance from purify didnt seem to be working. I have not tested warding gems since Launch

10. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

purify is currently broken... Purify burst gives the same death resistance buff though

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You can still do exactly as you think / want (I do). But as you (and myself) have stated you have to expect sacrifices. I am a Ranger - Ranged/Light/Tame/ top right Magery Trees/ Focus / Subtrafuge (you have to for dex ???????), And Tactics. Do I suffer sure can I survive and get along yeppers. Learn techniques to help along, trick, skills that work well here and there.

I dread the devs every time that Balance and try and Fix things, just lost chance at 5 mill Producer Exp because I did not take advantage of a mechanic used for over 6 months and they seem to think some places need Caps.

As you have sad some bad designing but still can be fixed possibly.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.