The quest is confusing

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by blaquerogue, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Oops sorry for the confusion! :D

Paladin Michael and Puuk like this.
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

thanks for the info. Will attempt to go on from here now

3. Belladonna Rose

Esmerelda no longer give hints/info to me. I have the essence yet she does not say what to do now except find the geistersser. All i know now are spoiler hints which are elusive. I figured out how to open the crypt but you cant get past the barrier. If you need to go through the mirror whats the point of opening the crypt door. As a player that has played a while this is confusing to me as many others. I am afraid as some have stated that Newcomers will be overwhelmed with this one. Solace and Blood River were pretty straight forward. This one seems a bit more indepth.

4. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Do you have a screenshot of your open tasks? I'd like to know where you are on the quest line. The crypt is partitioned, btw, that's why if you open it through the standing stones, the geistesser's lair is blocked off. You can only get to the geistesser's lair through the large mirror on the floor of the room of mirrors. Have you done any of the looking-glass quests? One of the things Esmeralda says when you get back to her about finding all the ghostly echos is, "...Once we've unlocked all the looking-glasses, that echo's shard should act like a key and allow you to pass through the geistesser's main portal. That'll be the final step and then his icy plasma is done for...! maybe..."

So opening all the looking-glasses is essential for the final steps.

5. Belladonna Rose

yeah both openings in the lair are blocked. And yes she said that but no clue how to unlock the mirrors. I have talked/met all the Echos as i have the shard. I went to the mirror room but nothing happens.

6. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

So let's break this down:
    1. Did you ever get a frostgeist skull, give it to Esmeralda, and then she tell you to use the looking-glass that's on the top floor of the steeple?
    2. If you did, then you would have clicked on the looking-glass, which takes you to the room of mirrors. BOOM! Journal update. Nothing else will happen because you're supposed to report back to Esmeralda what you found in the room of mirrors.
    3. If you did the above, you can use the mirror you came through to get back to the steeple's top floor. From there, return to Esmeralda and she should say this, "REALLY? So you step through the mirror in the steeple and end up in a whole roomfull of mystical mirrors... with a really big one on the floor? Outstanding! I've no bloody idea what all of it means, but it's pretty outstanding. WAIT! I do have a clue... it's so obvious! I'm willing to bet that all those mirrors are fast travel portals to all around this region, with the big one going to wherever the big boss resides. HA! See? Can't get anything past me! But you knew that, right? Of course you did - we're on the same level, you and me. Now onto step three!
    4. "Step three" is the next keyword that is in the list and should be highlighted in the text. Did you click on it? If not, just type in "step three" and you'll get the next step in the quest line.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

ok now that makes more sense....but she never did say i needed to bring her a head....she sent me out to originally search for something else. ALot of side stuff in this scene as well so that makes things a might confusing. I will attempt to go further now.

8. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

The first thing she has you do is investigate the mirror at the top of the steeple. Just need to go up in the steeple, see the mystical looking glass, and the return to Esmeralda. She then will task you with getting a frostgeist skull so you can pass through the looking-glass.

9. Belladonna Rose

well i did the steeple thing. But she never said anything about going after a skull. And i currently have no tasks...so i guess mine is messed up now.

10. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I had to say thing like: first step, next step, step 2 (cant remember which it is) but that wasnt said anywhere to say that, had to guess

11. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

That's not correct. Esmeralda does provide the keywords after you give her the frostgeist skull, "PERFECT! I'll just need this for a quick moment to extract the essence of the frostgeist... And... we're done! Here, you can have this empty husk of a skull back. I've no further use for it. Oh, and before I forget - - - Esmeralda throws the frigid essence into your face, along with a dash of unknown powdery substance - - - there! Now you'll be able to use the mystical looking-glass. Eh, I suppose I should have warned you before throwing that frigid essence into your face... HA! Now onto the next step, step two!"

When you got to the top of the steeple, you didn't get a task called, "Mysterious Looking-glass"? The tooltip reads, "Find someone in the monastery that might be familiar with magical mysteries such as the mystical looking glass." Keyword looking-glass, mirror, mystical looking glass.

12. Belladonna Rose

she bade me to go to the steeple to investigate the blue glow...i did this and came back and told her of my findings....the mirror. This is when she sent me out to investigate further outside the monestary. No mention of a skull. Thats when i just started going through and finding things in the scene. Killing the frostgeists and such. Found the Echos on my own and asked her later about them. She then told me to find all of them and they would talk to me. Hence getting the essence. I killed every frostgeist in the region three fold and no skulls. I am thinking since she didnt ask for it ...it wont drop. So I am at a standstill on this whole thing. NO tasks in my list and nothing in my journal about a skull. So pretty much I am thinking HVO is bugged for me

13. Belladonna Rose

sorry to keep going on about this.....but if things arent set up right there might be new comers that get just as lost or messed up as I am. LOL. I love questing but sometimes its a mind boggle

14. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

The problem is, based on the information you're giving me, I can't figure out what, if anything, is actually broken. If you could show me a screenshot of your task list, that might help.

Also, when you told Esmeralda about the mirror, was her response this, "So, you found a mystical looking-glass on the steeple's top floor? THAT'S AMAZING! Ahem! I mean that's amazing... And it was cold to the touch, or even to be near it... And its surface was like rippling water... You know what this means?! It means that you confirmed there is a servant to the geistesser nearby AND that we now have a first step in finding out where the bastard is! Oh, this is rich, I tell you, RICH! Wait... why do you look confused...? You've no idea what I'm talking about, do you. Well, how about I start off by telling you a little tale before taking our first step into this servant investigation?"

The keywords that show up after this are "first step" and "Esmeralda frostgeist tale" or even just "tale."

Lastly, do you have the keyword bar open on your dialogue window? There's a small, upside-down triangle at the bottom center of the dialogue window that, when clicked, will open the keyword bar and list all the available keywords.

Numa and Elwyn like this.
  15. Belladonna Rose

That is what she told me exactly.......but i had no idea "first step" was a key word or phrase. Also had no idea about the keyword thingy in the dialogue box. I think that this needs to be addressed . If people do not know to turn this on then they will miss alot of info.

As for task bar....there is Nothing in it. No current tasks. And i tried to talk to her again and she says nothing else. I will try and turn this on and see if i can change things....Will keep you up to date if i make any progress. Thank you for your time as well....just want to get this figured out to help others

16. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Sure thing.

17. Belladonna Rose

Ok she triggered to first step....i am now on the hunt. As for that upside down triangle on my dialogue box i dont have one...so i must have something shut off. Now on to the next part...will keep you posted

18. DavidDC

The problem is i dont read the text, there is SO many and it get boring for me to do it. So i probably clicked next, next and never saw the text there was. Once the chat closed with the NPC, seeing i had no quest left cause i probably didnt say next step at the good time, i tryed to talk back to esmeralda and there was no "next step" to say in the chat she was saying. I cant remember the exact text but trust me ive spend about 2 hours there with a couple go and come back to try to finish the quest withtout success. A guildy told me to say next step (which wasnt a keyword i could see anywhere in what esmeralda was saying at that time) . Just like belladonna rose just did.

19. Belladonna Rose

i found the drop down arrow that shows key words. Not showing any quests and completed it all but cant get the Banner of Courage. No one responds

20. DavidDC

If you completed the 4 step and gave the geistesser skull to esmeralda u supose to get the banner i think, maybe try to say banner or banner of courage to her

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.