Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Rise - Mage Room -

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Xkhan, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

One change I noticed last night was the mages in Mage Room now teleport. I don't know if this is a 'fix' or a bug but I do know its death now.

#TryingToNotBeFrustrated

2. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

Its a fix mate. All mages blink. Have fun with that :)

3. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Hate to tell ya this... but they have been doing this for months now...

We usually spend a evening in there once a week or so and man it sucks chasing em around the room.

#DontBeFrustrated :)

FrostII likes this.
  4. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

I suppose it is entirely possible I have not been in mage room at all these last 2 months but in another area all together. Catwalks? Chest guarded by Skeleton archer? Other chest a monster mimic? If so - these guys have never teleported since I have been there (2 months...ish).

5. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

I've been in the mage room quite a lot this last week and have never seen them, or any other mages I kill outside the mage room ever do it before.

After the patch they all do it a lot. Not sure what that other guy is talking about at all.

6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Those mages had this ability for a very long time. They simply didn't use it quite often.

The change you have now is probably that they use it more than they did before.

Scrambler likes this.
  7. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

I've never seen an npc mage blink once since I started and now they blink every time.

After the last patch my build feels pretty useless tbh. Unless you enjoy running circles killing bears and wolves. Which I don't.

8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I don't ever remember the mages not blinking. I've been doing the mage room for well over a year. There used to be a bug where they would blink through walls, which was fixed, but other than that, it sounds normal. They should only be using LOS(Line of Sight) to Blink.

Scrambler likes this.
  9. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

I don't know what to tell you guys - I will not say you are wrong @Hornpipe @Sorthious @Malimn - but what I know for a fact these guys have not been blinking since I have been there....almost daily for 2 months. They run after you.

They also changed the catwalks - there is another trapdoor up there where there used to be none (used to be one in very middle and that may still be there I keep jumping over it so didnt test).

I will post as bug since there was no info about change/fix. Should the mages be able to blink like every other mage (Crags for example)? Maybe - but it is a LOT more difficult now even trying to control the room. :eek::eek:

10. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

They have been blinking for over 6 months.

you are correct, they did add another trapdoor up on the catwalk.

I dont want blinking fixed, It is VERY useful in managing agro in the room if you use it right.

Chrystoph Reis and Scrambler like this.
  11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

It is unfortunate for me...lol. I'm used to dragging the entire room and doing them all at one time. I've not been playing a lot lately, and have not had a chance to test The Rise out again. I have been told that they do blink more often now. Having them blink away all the time will reall mess up my killing style, but....as per usual, I will adjust my strategy, which is the key to killing anything.

12. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

They have been doing it for a long time but a lot more this release. This release they seem a bit hard but todays patch they were a lot easier. I have been going there daily for my million XP/HR cap and they were tougher all weak until today.... maybe just bad RNG.

13. Thief

Thief Avatar

They blinked and chain healed each other. @Hornpipe is quite correct about that.
    They also had other weird behavior which were nerfed since r49 or r50. You guys should cherish because they blink. You shoul not run away from those mages while having low hp. This is completely silly because they will surely blink to you like a real player.

14. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

So, I went in The Rise and checked it out. It appears that the mages have reverted back to being able to teleport through walls again! I don't mind them blinking, but they shouldn't be able to go through walls/floors.

I definitely run if I'm low on HP's. If they are Blinking they aren't attacking, and you still take less damage if they hit you through a wall. If you are solely a melee player then I suppose running isn't very beneficial, but in the end it's up to the individual player to determine what strategy works best for them.

15. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

I find it alot easyer to pull 1-2 at a time. They come to you on there own , and there ranged combat. Make no sense to me but hey. Im racking up on exp and loot.

16. Thief

Thief Avatar

Oops sorry. I just read what I wrote and it was not appropriate and nice. First of all a big sorry. I will tell you how to deal with them. Show yourself and run back to stairs. 2 of them will tp to you (sometimes 1). Kill them and repeat again. Once they are thinned you can go finish the whole room.

majoria70 likes this.
  17. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I know how to deal with them...I solo the room and currently fight 8 or 9 of them at a time. With that said, I still have to run sometimes to keep from getting killed. If I do get killed it is usually due to lag/hitching. No need, at least right now, for me to kill them any faster as I'm already getting the 1mil/hr debuff. I used to clear the room out it under 5mins before r51. When this 2x XP period is over I will start using a different strategy to kill them faster.

18. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

If a mage is behind cover, shoot it once and it will blink right in front of you. So helpful.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  19. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

a lot of casters also still seem to be able to firearrow/ball through things.. so hiding behind buildings while for the next shot they will run to see you as long as you were visible when the cast starts.. you will get hit even if entirely hidden

20. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Yea they made it so that if you are in LOS when they start the cast then they will hit you no matter what. Even if it goes through walls. This still can be used to your advantage as you said. Also, if there are two mages then shoot the furthest one. The second mage will turn to heal. Switch targets and get back shots for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.