Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Rise mages are harder and the EXP cut in half???

Discussion in 'Release 58 Feedback' started by Thwip, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I feel compelled to give feedback. This was really fun in R57, now it is another trash scene.

Rise Mages are a good fight solo and fun with two, but this EXP reduction makes it not worth the time.

This was my favorite scene to go to, and it was perfect with the new double EXP, now it got harder and less reward???

I believe this is incorrect. Consider raising the EXP gained slightly to match the slight difficulty increase.

Attenuation has EXP capped out, therefore all tier 10 scenes should allow for attenuation, or the scene becomes worthless and Upper Tears becomes the only worthwhile location to grind. When UT gets boring the game gets old, we need more than one room in the game to grind in.

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

CatherineRose and Rentier like this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Also, if you read through one of the other threads, you'll find out they changed UT a bit as well.

4. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

No problems on my end in the Rise. I am Killing them at the same rate as before and noticed more Gold per kill???

5. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

It's all about the EXP.

Scanphor and K1000 like this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

If you read the other threads, not really. It depends on a variety of factors. It's more the XP nerf combined with (for some people) significantly increased difficulty. Again, much of how changes affect one in this game depends on the skills being used/primary class type.

And, as I've noted in those other threads, the change had zero to do with trying to bring any sort of "balance" to the rise. See

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...es-in-the-rise-why.142964/page-4#post-1159454

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree with the OP.

My R58 experience suggests too that there is some issue with at least some mages in the Rise. At Adv Level 93, I previously could take solo 'yellow' mages there. They could be a challenge, but I'd mostly win a solo fight. But today I've been meeting a solo 'yellow' mage that I've been unable to kill. My GM pole arm skills dont scratch him enough to offset his healing, while he hits me plenty hard even when I'm buffed vs. death and fire. So something impacting my current 'fun factor' more than XP changed here.

If the intent was to make this harder for soloing, that's fine. Just signal that better. Ideally the game would signal mob difficulty changes better in the way the 'color' difficulty indicator displays, but its not doing that from my experience (the mage referenced above really should be 'orange'). The devs perhaps also could signal changes like this better in combat change notes too. As is, it feels like these changes happen on a whim when we hear lead devs saying they didn't make any changes, someone else on the team did.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  9. Joeziggy

Joeziggy Avatar

I am ok with making them more difficult to kill and better AI. I do not like or agree with the xp nerf at all.

Z

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.