1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

The Sorcerer's Daughter

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Browncoat Jayson, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

With the addition of Iolo's The Sorcerer's Daughter books, I have a request for @RichardGarriott @DarkStarr @dallas. While I know these are available in-game, I would like a limited edition version of these available in the Add-On Store. These would have a special cover, interior art (signed by Master Iolo!), and come with a wax recording of Karelia's Song (with lyrics). Please?

Rare books FTW!

2. Browncoat Jayson

Bump! Please consider this, especially as the copies of The Sorcerer's Daughter found in-game CANNOT BE PLACED as decorations!

3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I just read the first book in game yesterday and looking forward to the next one i find. That's is a shame we cant place as decorations as well. I aim to not put any books out as decorations until i have read them and that was to be my first.

Acred likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

I have a few sets of the books in-game on my son's account. Friend Aazuril Darkblade, and can get you the others if you want them.

Acred and Bow Vale like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Oh that's very kind. However the game is long and i think it will be fun stumbling across them in the world at opportune moments, like a night of mining. I will add you though in case i never do find book 3 or so! Thanks

Acred likes this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I hope to find these books too. I cannot wait to read them. Thank you @Browncoat Jayson for bringing this to everyone's attention. Plus I support an Add on store edition.

Acred and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  7. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

Hello there everyone! Allow me to resurrect this ancient thread for your potentially minimal entertainment! ^_^

Though I unfortunately can't promise that there will be an "all in one" version of "The Sorcerer's Daughter" appearing anytime soon (there are somewhat costly time, tech, and localization issues that must be overcome before that can happen, since having this story in a single book goes farrrr beyond the limit allowed even for books we can create internally ourselves), I have been able to create a new, unique cover that I have applied to all 39 books that currently cover this story in-game (38 chapter books and an epilogue book)... This will now let you tell these books apart from all the rest in-game!

In addition, since the writing of this original thread, I believe the issue with these books not being able to be used as a decoration has been fixed! Now (if the information I've been given is correct), you'll be able to recognize them in your inventory with a new icon, and you'll be able to place them in your domain to your heart's desire! You'll be able to see these changes in the next update!

Here's what they all now look like!

[​IMG]
    Enjoy!

Scottie ^_^

8. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Ressurect away good sir! With artwork like this, it is worth it. :D

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

!!

i don't think i have seen past chapter 10. are they actually in game, juts hidden around?

Cordelayne likes this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Awesome! Thanks @Scottie!

I haven't seen the higher numbers either. I'd love to know where to get them!

Witcheypoo and Cordelayne like this.
  11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Wow this is nice, I wasn't aware of this collectable story. A will now erect a new bookshelf and start a careful scrutiny of all books I scavenge, I quite fancy seeing if I can collect the lot.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  12. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Wow this is awesome. I have the first ten books in each of my homes because they are a fun read. One copy to bind them all would be great! ;)

13. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

This shall not pass!

Witcheypoo and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Heh. Glad someone got it! :D

Witcheypoo likes this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just did the Tower of the Shuttered Eye quest, and found all 10 books in the Tower. It’s marked as a tier 4 scene, but you might want to be a bit cautious... ;)

smack and Cordelayne like this.
  16. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I've been having an awful time finding chapters 4 and 5, and you tell us there are 29 more?

Where on earth might we find them?

17. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

The best place to find all the books in the game, for free, is the Tower of the Shuttered Eye. You can find all 10 books there.

smack, Jaesun and Steevodeevo like this.
  18. Sher Shadowleaf

Sher Shadowleaf Avatar

There are 10 books, or 39?

Cordelayne likes this.
  19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

There are 10 books currently in the game. I cannot remember if each book is a chapter, though.

20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

hey, did these ever get put in? i have only ever found chapters 1 through 10.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Spoon and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.