Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The sun & moon underground

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by redfish, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Okay, the point of this thread isn't to be nitpicky; I love the effect you get in caves like the Etceter mines where there's a crack in the cave wall and the sun shines through.

Seen below,
    [​IMG]

But I was thinking about whether the white light makes sense as night time? Either way, I hope the effect remains in. But it would be more interesting if the devs could make it vary by the time of day. The fact that you'd be able to tell whether it was day or night would also be a nice feat of immersion. It would also be interesting if instances of sunlight like this would also have a synergy with Sun magic.

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I kind of expected that these effects would eventually be tied to time of day, but you make a good point. You bring up an interesting note about Sun Magic; generally, things like Sun Worship/Eater dont function underground, but if these sorts of areas could toggle a "inSunlight" flag then you might be able to get some (if not all) of your bonuses temporarily. Love that idea!

3. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

They do this in ESO all the time to break the dungeons up, putting trees and water etc in.

4. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Correct.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

There are underground areas I've been to in real life that have a lot of vegetation and vines growing, because of chasms that let light in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.