Themes that depends on main ones

Discussion in 'The Bards of Poets' Circle' started by Aftermath_FIN, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aftermath_FIN

Aftermath_FIN Avatar

I was just wondering where to start submit some music since lot of themes are major / minor version of each other and must work well with other themes.

So for those should I wait for some submissions to be finished to get idea with what my submission should work with and also to match instrumentation etc?

And maybe I should just grab and try some lower fill up music first? Since I find it hard to pitch from scratch when submission needs to have dependency on other submissions.

cheers :)

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Kailef

Kailef Master Bard

I figure that most of the major themes are going to be very closely collaborative in nature between the individuals who are working on them. As you noticed, the Truth, Love and Courage themes need to be very carefully worked because they need to be able to be played in an inter-meshed fashion in the TLC song, and also converted to a minor key and made darker in nature for Falsehood, Hate and Cowardice.

The best person to coordinate with is Holt Ironfell, as he is essentially acting as the central hub and first contact for anyone who wants to submit music. He's easy to reach here on the forums, he checks them quite often. I'd suggest looking to him for guidance if you are wanting to work on one of the "front line" tracks or a "major" track that's associated with a front line track.

The good news is that there are a lot of other needed songs that don't depend on a front-line track if you scroll further down on the song spreadsheet, so if you want to work on something that is entirely your own idea, there's definitely plenty to do. I'm excited to see more people interested in submitting music. Welcome!

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Aftermath_FIN

Aftermath_FIN Avatar

Thanks Kailef :) Gonna start browsing and get inspired :)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Kailef

Kailef Master Bard

You're welcome. I can't wait to hear what you come up with!

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Holt

Holt Avatar

Truth Love and Courage are very important songs, and their themes will influence many others, this is true. I'm organizing to have them done as fast and with as much quality as possible, so we can get this ball rolling for everyone. The intimidation factor will definitely diminish over time, so hang in there guys, and keep practicing and generating ideas.

I have found with my own music that I hit 50/50. One idea will be upsetting, the next might really rock. The solution is to produce produce produce. Remember that the music you make that isn't licensed to Shroud may come in handy later on, for you, as a musician, and that every track you make is more more thing you can be proud of in your learning process. I don't think there's ever any wasted time when it comes to playing music.

Drax, Myrcello and Time Lord like this.
  6. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Avatar

Hey guys. I see you all talking using the terms major and minor as in a major (important) piece vs a minor (less important) piece. Could you clarify those terms for me? As I was browsing the spreadsheet the first day it came out, I was going to submit an original song "The Virtue of Truth" for The Frontline "Truth" theme. But as I read several of the fields in the spreadsheet, I notice the wording was "Truth in major" or " 'Falsehood' Truth in minor." My song is in aeolian mode A (basically a-minor) and not in traditional A Major key. So i didn't submit due to that interpretation. Is Richard not referring to the major or minor keys of music? Clarification would really narrow things down and shed some light on what he wants. If he wanted traditional keys rather than medieval modal scales like lydian, mixolydian, etc...

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Holt

Holt Avatar

Major and Minor on the chart refer to the keys and scale.

A 'Major Piece' are the $200 bounties. There are no 'minor' pieces, those are called 'Filler' pieces.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Holt

Holt Avatar

Also, when coming up with ideas, remember: Melody, Melody, MELODY. This is Lord British's prime directive ;)

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.